kirku

Aarons to Leeds

17 minutes ago, Branston said:

Am amazed at the size of the fee given his contract circumstances and his below par performances last season . Is the £12 cash only or a smaller guaranteed fee + add ons for promotion etc .

If this happens then good luck to him apart from two games this season .

Reported as initial 9 million with 3 million more in add ons 

1 minute ago, Soldier on said:

Hope the £3 million isn't tied to Leeds getting promotion because that isn't going to happen .

1 minute ago, Soldier on said:

1 minute ago, Branston said:

Hope the £3 million isn't tied to Leeds getting promotion because that isn't going to happen .

Im sure more details will be announced in due course. Seeing at they arent planning any additions at RB it will be interesting to see where they deem the money is spent. You'd probably expect a LB if Sam M is departing and a real quality midfielder would help to cover any injuries to Sara and an improvement on Kenny M.

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Connor reporting the fee as an initial 9 million with a further 3 million in add ons

Given they could sign him up for free in 5 months time, snap their hands off.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Given they could sign him up for free in 5 months time, snap their hands off.

Actually they can't, that's only foreign clubs, but still even with 12 months is a good fee

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Im sure more details will be announced in due course. Seeing at they arent planning any additions at RB it will be interesting to see where they deem the money is spent. You'd probably expect a LB if Sam M is departing and a real quality midfielder would help to cover any injuries to Sara and an improvement on Kenny M.

Even if Sam M goes, I don't see the club getting in a LB that's why they put placheta in that position during preseason.

5 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

Even if Sam M goes, I don't see the club getting in a LB that's why they put placheta in that position during preseason.

I think most leftback options dont have long left on their contracts though. I think thats PP & Dimi.

1 hour ago, Branston said:

I'd happily sacrifice the £3m if Leeds don't go up and we do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Take the money.

8 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Shame it wasn’t more when his stock was high. Surprised nobody from the prem wanted him for that sort of money but that’s how much he’s stagnated the last couple of seasons. Take the money and reinvest in a proper Alex Tettey replacement.

agree he stagnated so best for him and NCFC

7 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Not only that Aarons signs a 4 year contract at leeds he is almost instantly worth more money ,

if Max wants to move fair enough after his service to the club 

if he is happy to see what the future brings at Norwich New owner and new DOF keep him ,

If he goes to leeds signs a 4 year deal they go up he plays well in PL then they are talking the money we should have got and we sit here skint 

Again though, if he was worth £20m+, and a sure bet premier league player why are no premier league teams in for him? Why is it last summer, the only link was a Farke managed side in Germany, which was pribably just lazy journalism.

Leeds won't be paying £12m up front. It's rumoured to be a deal that could be worth up to £12m.

As for automatically gaining in value... yes he will, but you can't force players to sign new contracts so that leaves you with the choice of watching/making players see out their contracts or trying to cash in on them.

If anything, I think most will reflect that we probably should have taken money last summer for Pukki, Dowell, Byram and Cantwell at least, and looked to bring in replacements rather than losung three for nothing. We reportedly had an offer worth millions for Pukki.

Aarons has my upmost respect for being a model professional and working his socks off for us including many memorable performances. It just says a lot to me that if he does reunite with Farke, he has been the only manager that has been interested enough to try and push through a move to the degree it has hit sports media channels.

I also wouldn't see that as a ringing endorsement either. It means Farke may want to repeat what he did here. Which is great at championship level, but arguably woeful at PL level unless you are a top half prem team with the money to back it.

Farke still has a lot to prove in the top tier, he very much has a reputation to repair after a run of something like one win in 20+ games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Again though, if he was worth £20m+, and a sure bet premier league player why are no premier league teams in for him? Why is it last summer, the only link was a Farke managed side in Germany, which was pribably just lazy journalism.

Leeds won't be paying £12m up front. It's rumoured to be a deal that could be worth up to £12m.

As for automatically gaining in value... yes he will, but you can't force players to sign new contracts so that leaves you with the choice of watching/making players see out their contracts or trying to cash in on them.

If anything, I think most will reflect that we probably should have taken money last summer for Pukki, Dowell, Byram and Cantwell at least, and looked to bring in replacements rather than losung three for nothing. We reportedly had an offer worth millions for Pukki.

Aarons has my upmost respect for being a model professional and working his socks off for us including many memorable performances. It just says a lot to me that if he does reunite with Farke, he has been the only manager that has been interested enough to try and push through a move to the degree it has hit sports media channels.

I also wouldn't see that as a ringing endorsement either. It means Farke may want to repeat what he did here. Which is great at championship level, but arguably woeful at PL level unless you are a top half prem team with the money to back it.

Farke still has a lot to prove in the top tier, he very much has a reputation to repair after a run of something like one win in 20+ games.

Not that im really interested in discussing Farke and Leeds, but you are right in what you say. Leeds have deeper pockets and better resources than us. Farke will be given the opportunity and backed accordingly. If he doesnt get results pretty sharpish he'll be out the door. 

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Whilst it's not a big money move to an established PL club I'd hardly call it sideways.

Leeds is big in every way (3rd largest population in England after Brum, if that's your criteria, great history if that's your criteria, big support if that's etc.) and will be one of the favourites this season and if they fail then promotion will surely only be a matter of time.

Yup Cambridgeo talking rubbish as usual, what amazes me is how always makes it magnolia rubbish too. If he only stuck to copy and pasting carp about Norwich and we didn't have to see his somewhat limited repertoire of bland comment , I'd still back him like I used to. He was useful as a Newsnownorwich trawlbot. 

Bournemouth jumping in?

Very Alex Pritchard.. 

Edited by ZLF

9 minutes ago, chicken said:

I Agree Farke has to get them up ,

i think Farke might be the type of coach to have learnt from his mistakes in the PL ?

If not his job at leeds will be a short one ,

be interesting what he does with more money , 

he is being smart in buying Aarons because he knows that is a nailed on bet , Model professional who will not let him down ,

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

Yep Bournemouth maybe snatching him under Leeds noses. 

That would work doubly well...   assuming the fee is at least the same andnot at Leeds

Just now, Channon’s Windmill said:

Yep I saw that surely if it was confirmed 9m up front with Leeds that’s what we would want from Bournemouth?

Where has it been confirmed! It’s speculation. 

I’ve been saying nearer £5million, looks like £7million. But again, speculation.

Looks like we have dodged a bullet looking at most of the comments on here. I was looking for feedback on Aarons but seems like he hasn't been great for a while. Let him try his luck at Bournemouth.

"Aarons looked on course for a reunion with Daniel Farke at Elland Road in a deal that could have risen to £12m including add-ons, but that is now off. 

Bournemouth have offered a higher upfront fee but are set to sign Aarons on similar terms that would have seen him move to Leeds."

Pinkun