Would be disappointing to see Nunez go as he only arrived last summer and has the potential to become great. Can’t see how this rumour is true though as he didn’t show any promises this season. If someone really has made an offer of about £17m for him though take it - I think he only cost us about £3.5m and there’s no certainty that he will become great

Edited by HazzaJet

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Why a transaction between two UK clubs designated in euros? 

I think because unfortunately Nunez is not having a rest from playing football, but is over in Chile training with the national squad, his agent is with him and is having off the record chats with the Chilean press. Those Chilean journalists are not like some of the UK gammon over here and see England as very much part of Europe so look at things financially in European currency terms.  For some of us, looking at finances in terms of Euro's is not such a chore, it is second nature. For others its basically another of those Brexit issues they have to live with and learn to translate currencies to understand how other countries look at us! 😉 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Why a transaction between two UK clubs designated in euros? 

Guessing because it was initially reported by Chile media, and PinkUn are reporting from that.

Don't sell.  I've been convinced for a  while he's going to be epic next season.  Sit tight and watch him propel us to the PL and the riches that brings.

Well if his agent is swinging that sort of crap it doesn't bode well. Fact is though Brighton do need midfielders.

As others have said an offer remotely near £20k and we'd be daft to turn it down. He hasn't settled that well imo, certainly not as quickly as Sara, and of the 2 I'd rather keep Sara.

If our midfield is to be Sara, McLean (and Kenny will play) plus a DM then Nunez you'd have thought be on the bench. Even then he's competing against Barnes, Gibbs and possibly Ince.

Having seen what we've seen of the player, along with his clear character and commitment  and potential would you consider forking out 17 million pounds for him a good move?

Probably yes in Brighton's shoes, but doubtful for City in our current predicament.

Brighton could end up doing very well out of this deal ,,, supposing it were truly on the cards.

City? Depending upon how the money was used.

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand it would allow us to do our rebuild and we could hold out for top prices for players like Aarons, Sara and Omobamidele but Nunez showed flashes last year that he could be a top player at this level and a real difference maker with his set pieces and long shots and he might come back a much better and more consistent player next year. 

I think the club would be daft to turn down the kind of money for him so long as we get a decent chunk upfront but he's one of the few players in our squad with any creativity and can score goals from nothing which is so valuable. The main benefit though like I siad is it takes away any pressure to sell anyone else so if anyone is serious about those other players they'll have to pay much more knowing we no longer need the money.  

• Like 2

I'd also not be unhappy at him staying and hopes he has a great season next year as I really like the fella! Seems a "good egg"

Either we'll be laughing up our sleeves in turning an inconsistent £3m player into a £17m in the space of a year.....or Brighton see something that will turn him into the next Alexis McAllister...

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Would I take £17m for Nunez.... 100% but would it all be spent on the team and in a good way...hmmmmm

Of course it won’t - there are debts to pay….

3 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Two English clubs with the quoted figure in euros? 

can anyone smell that freshly laid bullshīt

Id normal let agree with a lot of what you say Copo , but the Chileans would understand the Euro and not so much the pound sterling. They are spanish speakers remember  ....and no one but BrexitBritain gives two  Shiites about the Quid.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Id normal let agree with a lot of what you say Copo , but the Chileans would understand the Euro and not so much the pound sterling. They are spanish speakers remember  ....and no one but BrexitBritain gives two  Shiites about the Quid.  

I would argue that Chileans give as many shiites about the quid before Brexit as they do now. A figure of between 0 and 100 shiites 

3 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Wasn’t Samuel Seaman a character in Captain Pugwash?

I thought it was Seaman Staines.

• Haha 1

People do realise Sam Seaman or any of them almost certainly don’t get to choose the articles that get published surely? 

It will have to go via an editor before it gets put on the pinkun or evening news or whatever.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

He’s one of my favourites and I have a feeling he will burst to life this season having been adjusting last. Would be gutted if he goes 

I'm biased but having seen our first Chilean play for the club, I'm eager that he stays and really proves what a player he is. #UnAnoMas

Can't see it myself.

If Brighton really are interested it would be highly unlikely that they would come in with a first bid that high! Shove something in around £8 - £10m and we'd likely be accepting that.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Either we'll be laughing up our sleeves in turning an inconsistent £3m player into a £17m in the space of a year.....or Brighton see something that will turn him into the next Alexis McAllister...

Who has just signed for Liverpool https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65842033 so Brighton are in funds and need a replacement

My mate saw him in Morrisons near Carrow Road a few months ago. He was just standing there smiling. And I would too at their prices.

I think he’s just happy to be here tbh :  D

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Didn’t Brighton poach our head of recruitment recently.

If that is the case looking at our last four transfer windows i would say we have had a result.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Two English clubs with the quoted figure in euros? 

can anyone smell that freshly laid bullshīt

Smell it, it's still warm!!!!

4 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Wasn’t Samuel Seaman a character in Captain Pugwash?

No that was Seaman Staines who was part of the crew along with Master Bates and Roger the cabin boy.

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

I thought it was Seaman Staines.

It's a total phallicee....so was Roger the Cabin Boy....

1 hour ago, PockthorpePete said:

Urban myth, as with Roger the cabin boy..

Oops....you were first....beat meat to it....

Anyway is it concrete Lubbly Jubbly is Brighton bound?....Or can we go on a tangent and talk about Ivor the Engine?.....

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Had this just been some random five followers twitter post of "Hey lads Nunez is off to Brighton I swear on me nan" then I would not bother posting it.

Yes you would!

(But to be clear, posting this one is reasonable).