Two English clubs with the quoted figure in euros? 

can anyone smell that freshly laid bullshīt

Actually I’m going to call you out on this one Cambridge

you know this is rubbish so why post it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

£17m? Take him now! 

This isn't going to happen. Not at that price, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Actually I’m going to call you out on this one Cambridge

you know this is rubbish so why post it? 

Beacause Samuel Seaman works for the EDP, Pink'Un and the Norwich Evening News and has a history of being right about rumours and transfers.

Had this just been some random five followers twitter post of "Hey lads Nunez is off to Brighton I swear on me nan" then I would not bother posting it.

• Like 5

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Beacause Samuel Seaman works for the EDP, Pink'Un and the Norwich Evening News and has a history of being right about rumours and transfers.

Had this just been some random five followers twitter post of "Hey lads Nunez is off to Brighton I swear on me nan" then I would not bother posting it.

If it was Paddy or Connor I might agree with you Sam seems pretty clueless generally.

• Like 1

Just now, Soldier on said:

If it was Paddy or Connor I might agree with you Sam seems pretty clueless generally.

Yeah this, Sam is relatively new to the game I believe and would assume he just posts on anything he sees from as Cambridge has said ‘some random five followers Twitter post’ 

He’ll learn and so will Cambridge 

6 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Yeah this, Sam is relatively new to the game I believe and would assume he just posts on anything he sees from as Cambridge has said ‘some random five followers Twitter post’ 

He’ll learn and so will Cambridge 

Pretty harsh and not particularly fair.

• Like 4

You’d imagine the club will bite their hand off if they get any sort of offer for Nunez at that level.

im undecided on him to be honest. Has moments where he looks great but then others where he lacks strength and gives the ball away a lot. 

Another who has suffered from our imbalanced squad as he looks best playing behind the striker but inexplicably rarely gets played there. 

6 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Pretty harsh and not particularly fair.

How long has sam been on the team compared to paddy or Connor? 

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh do **** off. If you actually take a second and read the article he's reporting on an article from within the Chilean press.

You're the ****ing clueless one.

Those pesky football oracles from inside the Chilean press 

Of all the posts to call Cambridge out on this is an odd choice.

As much as people might not like the local journalists there will be a semblance of quality control- they won't be posting articles based on random twitter accounts. Perfectly reasonable to highlight a story on the pinkun main page on the pinkun forum.

• Like 10

Just now, Yobocop said:

How long has sam been on the team compared to paddy or Connor? 

That bares no relevance really. They are all privy to the same information, albeit I appreciate Paddy or someone of his ilk tends to deliver the more 'official' news. 

Just now, king canary said:

Of all the posts to call Cambridge out on this is an odd choice.

As much as people might not like the local journalists there will be a semblance of quality control- they won't be posting articles based on random twitter accounts. Perfectly reasonable to highlight a story on the pinkun main page on the pinkun forum.

Agree. Just because it doesn't seem believable to us as fans doesn't mean it's wrong to post it when the source is actually a local journalist. 

I quite like Nunez and with a proper pre-season and no injuries think he suits a pressing Wagner side - didn't he have the best running stats of anyone in our side? But anything above £12 million is pretty crazy money for someone who's not yet proven in Championship football.

• Like 1

Just now, jaberry2 said:

That bares no relevance really. They are all privy to the same information, albeit I appreciate Paddy or someone of his ilk tends to deliver the more 'official' news. 

Ok cheers 

as you claim to be ITK have you heard anything? 

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh do **** off. If you actually take a second and read the article he's reporting on an article from within the Chilean press.

You're the ****ing clueless one.

Just in case anyone wondered what the Chilean press looked like heres a photo taken yesterday: 

FB47033F-4527-4D68-99F1-867E3EBC9B70.jpeg

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Beacause Samuel Seaman works for the EDP,

Wasn’t Samuel Seaman a character in Captain Pugwash?

• Haha 2

Would hate to lose Nunez as he has the potential to be brilliant for us.  The game where he scored twice showed exactly what he is capable of and in a confident team under Wagner, he'll look so much better.  PL clubs still have too much money to take a punt on players and we must resist the temptation to cash in on him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Just in case anyone wondered what the Chilean press looked like heres a photo taken yesterday: 

FB47033F-4527-4D68-99F1-867E3EBC9B70.jpeg

Looks a bit like Fakenham to me

• Haha 7

If this is true, how are some fans going to be able to do the dance between claiming Webber's recruitment is a diabolical mess and wishing desperately for us to be as good as Brighton at recruiting players? 

Uh Oh GIFs | Tenor

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Would hate to lose Nunez as he has the potential to be brilliant for us.  The game where he scored twice showed exactly what he is capable of and in a confident team under Wagner, he'll look so much better.  PL clubs still have too much money to take a punt on players and we must resist the temptation to cash in on him.

He's a very likeable character who clearly gives his all. There are valid reasons for his in-out performances this last season and tantamount is that usual period of adjustment following such a massive change in lifestyle. Also, he has apparently had a lot of other things to contend with, as if that wasn't enough, and has, by all accounts had a demanding schedule of games far, far away for his national team on top of a decent number of appearances for City.

Quite some load to take on board for one so young experiencing a different culture for the first time. There are similarities with Onel in his apparent love for his new environment, never to be ignored.

His moments of brilliance and work rate are hard to ignore, he should become stronger and will benefit from a rest and a decent pre-season. The best is yet to come from this boy.

These factors favour hanging onto the player, but £17m is hard to ignore considering the club's present state.

Would be a pity if he was on his way out.

If it were to be that amount I would spend the lot on an accomplished defensive midfielder and a versatile "sniffer" for the forward line-up,

Perhaps most, like me, shudder at the thought of Webber being entrusted with such amounts, although he has done well thus far without spending a fortune on fees, at least.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 3

I posted this in the other thread - I’d definitely prefer to keep Nunez.  £20m or thereabouts is a decent sum for a guy who was a bit in-and-out, but I always though after a rest and pre-season that he’d kick on. 
As to this rumour, who knows - seems unlikely but you never know.  But having  a go at  Cambs for posting something from one of the pinkun journos, which is now their lead story, feels a little harsh.

• Like 1

While this information sounds more like something a player's agent has fed to the Chilean press to generate interest in their player, it's a bit unfair to criticise Sam just for reporting it.

• Like 1