Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Many Thanks from Ricardo

Great to have you back Ricardo - the place has felt hollow without you.

Sorry to hear about your loss - especially at this time of year. I hope you get back to CR soon. You may find it to be a tonic of sorts when the time's right ... and, selfishly, some of us live by your match reports!

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Only just caught up with your sad news Ricardo. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. 

Nice to see you posting again today and I hope it's the first of many more, all in good time. 

I wish you as happy new year as is possible in the circumstances. 

• Thanks 1

A new project is exactly what you need. And your great grandson sounds just the ticket! Looking forward to when your reports are back (no pressure 😉)

• Thanks 1

Glad to see you around these parts again Ricardo. All you can do is keep taking it one day at a time. Best wishes to you and all your family.

• Thanks 1

Great to see you posting Rickyyyy 

Your Blackburn match report would have been interesting 🙃

Will be good to see you back when you're able 💛💚

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I've just logged on again to express a big thank you to everyone who posted condolences or sent personal messages to me after my recent sad  loss. It really was very much appreciated.

I haven't been to Carrow Road since before the World Cup break and have again given my ticket away for tonights match. At the moment its very much about taking one day at a time but my great grandson has said he will come with me when I want to go back, so I may give it a go next week for the Watford game. He is a keen footballer himself and plays in the under 15's Sunday Youth League but I'm not sure if he bleeds yellow and green quite yet. I expect this will be my new project.

You’ll have Norwich City etched on the lads heart soon enough, a great project to work on. 

• Haha 1

Ricardo , it's good to see you back , you have been missed. 

After reading all the posts one stood out for me and that was hoggys. Says it all

Quote:

A new project is exactly what you need. And your great grandson sounds just the ticket! Looking forward to when your reports are back (no pressure )

• Like 1

Welcome back with open arms Ricardo.

Best wishes to you and all the family. I imagine your GGS will be influenced soon enough!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’ll have Norwich City etched on the lads heart soon enough, a great project to work on. 

Dean Smith has been sacked at just the right time if Ricardo is trying to make a good impression on the lad

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Dean Smith has been sacked at just the right time if Ricardo is trying to make a good impression on the lad

Not if Russell Martin gets the hot seat, back to square one then. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not if Russell Martin gets the hot seat, back to square one then. 

Indeed. Sorry I appear to have used up all my likes today, but that was a good one.

I try not to get too involved in choosing managers, you can never tell who is going to be a success. The only thing you ever know with any certainty is when they have run out of road and that is always quite sad from a personal perspective. The demise of Dean Smith reminded me of when Wiley Coyote goes over the cliff, looks down and realises there is no road beneath him.

• Like 2

Good to see you have logged in ricardo and hopefully the first step in your long awaited return to be with us in 2023.

Kind regards to you and all your family.

Good luck Ricardo. In due course we look forward to your future Reports which hopefully will show we are moving in the right direction.

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

A new project is exactly what you need. And your great grandson sounds just the ticket! Looking forward to when your reports are back (no pressure 😉)

Exactly this. 

I once went through grief counselling after a sudden loss close to me. I had a period of time where I severely struggled with motivation to do anything as everything seems so daunting. Their advice was very helpful, they told me to break each day up into small tasks and think of them as like threading a pearl on a necklace. You just thread one pearl at a time and keep moving forward. Still helps me now when I’m struggling with motivation. 

• Like 2

It's not been the same without you, Ricardo. Sending my best wishes to you and yours, and looking forward to the next match report, whenever that may be.

• Like 1