Yellow Wal

Billy Gilmour transfer

That's bordering on Gabriel Sara money.... Makes you think.

Not saying either is better than the other - and indeed different midfielders.  But he was certainly a player you'd never thought would be affordable for us.  And a season later, and it's all changed.

Luckily players like Todd, Rashica, Tzolis etc. have all rocketed up in value.... So nothing to do with us devaluing him, right?  🙂

• Haha 2

Could be good for Wee Billy Krankie, his career is in ruins so this might build him up.
Failing that he could pull a team mates gf in the first few weeks, find his performances dropping off and book himself a transfer to Ipswich town come 2023.

Christ, what on earth have Brighton seen in him last season that possesses them to pay £10m for him?!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Don’t forget 10m in prem terms is about a £750k player in 90’s terms!

Indeed, it's crazy that a less than £10M transfer almost bankrupted us a few years back, but now it's considered run of the mill in 2022.

• Like 1

Well we're paying more than that for Sara aren't we?  Looks pretty bang average so far even at Chump level.

£10m for Gilmour is about right bearing in mind his age, had a iffy season last albeit in a shocking team and is an established international.

Will be interesting to see how he does, although in my mind Brighton needs strikers, not midfielders.

It will be interesting to see whether he fits into a decent passing team. My suspicion is that he'll still have the same issues when out of possession. But, if he actually puts in the effort to track his man... Who knows?

We had a very weak midfield last season (both personnel and tactically). It's also possible that a significant portion of the issue was that the loanees simply didn't care enough about the club to put in the required effort.

My overriding feeling is that Gilmour is a League One level player who will be a disastrous singing for Brighton. Feel free to laugh at me in 3 years time. 

1 hour ago, Payno10 said:

Wtf!!!!!! I’m flabbergasted! But also will be interested to see how he gets on 

I read an analysis that showed his underlying stats were nowhere near as bad as people were making out. Ok he’s no Chelsea first teamer but Brighton aren’t mugs and they had a whole season of him with us to judge.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

I read an analysis that showed his underlying stats were nowhere near as bad as people were making out. Ok he’s no Chelsea first teamer but Brighton aren’t mugs and they had a whole season of him with us to judge.

I don't recall there being reliable stat for not tracking your man or consistently getting your positioning so wrong that you leave a gaping hole in the midfield for the opposition to exploit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Like nearly all players - play to his strengths and he'l look good; play to his weaknesses and then....

..he'll become a dirty sinner who doesn't deserve supper?

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Could be good for Wee Billy Krankie, his career is in ruins so this might build him up.
Failing that he could pull a team mates gf in the first few weeks, find his performances dropping off and book himself a transfer to Ipswich town come 2023.

I thought he wasn't into women. 

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Surely there's a 0 missing off that figure for such a world class talent?

Decimal point more like.

10 mill not really a risky fee for an established PL club, I haven't read about the deal, but I'm guessing there's plenty of add ons and a hefty sell on clause 

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Did you know the krankies were swinger's lol

• Haha 2

To be fair to Billy gilmour I think he kinda summed up our season. I've been pretty ruthless about him but hey.

Allegations early of upsetting Todd cantwell didn't start him off.

Average performances in a sub par team.

But the icing on the cake surely was the media lavishing praise on him and trashing us which was frustrating for many Norwich fans.

To see someone getting false plaudits while we are getting crucified was too much.

No wonder he became and remains a Scape goat.

Good luck to him, obviously Tommy t was not impressed with him which speaks volumes about his professionalism etc.

Edit: 

I also want to add how excited I was to sign him and how angry I was when pundits were saying Norwich was a bad move for him. (Again rubbishing us before a ball was kicked)

I really dislike the media and prem after last year we were relegated before a ball was kicked.

I do worry it will happen again next year if we go up.

How do you psyche a team up when all they read is how bad they are and how they can't cut it.

Sickens me actually 

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 2

I simply saw nothing about him that suggested anything vaguely exceptional. 

Nunez a far superior player from what I've seen, & at far less cost.