TeemuVanBasten

Anybody else quite like to see Ipswich in the Champs?

Don’t ever get lured into feeling sorry for them. If the boot was on the other foot, it wouldn’t be reciprocated. 

• Like 3

Don't be silly.

of course not.

Their down swing may not last forever, but I continue to live in hope.

• Like 1

The whole local derby thing just feels a bit of a farce to me. It's all very well for derbies in cities with  inner-city thugs who like fighting each other, but Ipswich is a team from a neighbouring rural county. The way most of the footballing world treats us as inbred yokels much like them makes me feel more solidarity with them than enmity. 

I enjoy seeing us beat them, but some abstract rivalry between two clubs in completely different leagues is a bit of a farce. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

When you have such a strong rivalry, you want to have the upper hand - and the further ahead you are of them the better.  In match terms, 4-1, 5-1 wins are great, but even better is to be a league ahead of them or preferably two or three!  So I guess in a long winded way, I'm another saying "no".   

A team in a different county and over 40 miles away is called a derby?😂😂😂

Why does everyone despise them so much. It should be teams who have done us greater harm.

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

Nah. Ipswich is a proper dump and having to spend time there feels dirty.

I occasionally have to go there for work,  always feel like I need a proper scrubbing afterwards 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

A team in a different county and over 40 miles away is called a derby?😂😂😂

Why does everyone despise them so much. It should be teams who have done us greater harm.

Norfolk and Suffolk are both one club counties and the counties are 0 miles apart.

• Like 6

.....it's a no from me. 

They've found the formula for challenging at the top of League One,  get someone to stump up a load of dosh to buy their way up. Never mind the youth development they were always banging on about...... Even if they do get promoted,  they're unlikely to be any better than mid-table Championship fodder.

Three years in a lower division erodes standards.

If we now spend that amount of time in the Chumps we will probably have lost most, if not all, of our players who, for better or worse, had some Premier League experience.

Most of their squad, their self-perceived bright stars at the moment, have no Championship experience. Their captain, deemed not good enough by 'Boro sufficient to hold onto, will be over thirty in any case, and others who are not the youngest have spent their entire careers in the lower leagues.

After three years facing the likes of Burton and Shrewsbury the standards required for even moderate success in the Chumps could well come as a shock for them and if they go do up they will likely need a massive overhaul of playing staff which might stretch the pension fund more than it will  have anticipated.

It is really vital for them that they do go up this season, though, or otherwise that particular house seemingly built on sand could well come crashing down.

Edited by BroadstairsR

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

IMG_20220707_171939.jpg.2b4247d2ee787c8d7a944c3ee6f567fe.jpg

How strange, everybody in blue in that stand seemed to be hit by paralysis at the same time. 

7 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

No! They've found their level so leave them there.

Surely not.......they're not in League 2 yet are they ? 🤩

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Dean Smith shagged your missus didn't he.

I think you've gone one assumption too far there TuBs, do women actually talk to the likes of Buh?

• Haha 1

But back on topic, I'd be happy to play them, it's a fun day, and as @Midlandscanary said, we have nothing to fear from them, bring it on , we can wipe our ar5es with them , laugh at them and carry on being better than them in every department.

• Like 2