Chichcan

Normann on Norwegian TV

I don't know how reliable this guy is but apparently Normann has given an interview on Norwegian TV saying he's not happy here and he won't play in the Championship. 

If true that should be the last we see of him in Yellow IMO

No point wasting a place for him

• Like 1

Fair enough. Hardly pulled up trees though has he? Bang average in a poor side. Plus  his injury record makes me wonder whether any other Prem team would take a punt on him. 

Just another player that’s contributed to our carp midfield. We want hungry players next season not ones desperate to jump ship when the going’s tough

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

He lives across the road. I'll pop over and have a word. Pursuade him to stay. 

Why does this sound like you're gonna put on an Itallian accent and make him an offer he can't refuse..?

• Haha 1

Clearly injury prone and massively overrated by some fans IMO.

Shame, if he wasn’t injury prone he could have made the difference this season.  If he had wanted to stay and the medical team thought he was going to get over the hip issue I would have been pleased to see him stay, as he doesn’t want to stay that makes Webbers decision for him.  It is going to be another interesting summer.

He said he hated losing on the introduction video so I can't say I'm surprised that, in his home country, in his mother tongue, that some of his comments are critical to that extent during this season.

Can safely say it means that wage is saved next season though.

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

No big loss really. Spends more time in the treatment room.

If he's not happy, he can f*ck off.

No big loss really. Spends more time in the treatment room. And looking in the mirror. 

Guy was never going to stay. Mercenary.

It was a disaster to sign a sick note that was common knowledge.  Overrated and overstated. If that's what he has said then he should not play anymore games. 

Guy struggled to last 90 mins. Poser.

cheerio. cheerio. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Was always a touch surprised people thought he might stay to be honest.

Although I'd be surprised if he got a move anywhere significantly bigger than us in the championship. 

We got three versions of Matthias Normann:

The one that burst onto the scene and seemed like an answer to some of our dreams, with his distinctive bleached hair and casual effectiveness.

The sick list.

The dark haired player who emerged from injury and so readily blended in with his fellow midfielders, including with all their ineffectiveness.

Only the original version would be worth hanging onto.

• Like 1

It's quite amazing how different players react and perform to the change in manager and changes in tactical formations.

In the same way Idah looked remarkably better under Smith's direct play, Normann has never looked comfortable in one of the teams that Smith has played him in.

If he is not going to be here next season, in fact if none of the loanees are going to be here, then stop playing them now. Give that opportunity to our own players. 

• Like 1

Send him back to Russia now 🤷‍♂️, if he doesn't like losing perhaps he shouldn't try and play at levels that don't match his ability 

From what I've seen of him he has been largely ****. Lack of discipline in holding his position, wayward passing and brittle as glass.

If he's really said this, he shouldn't be played again.

He has an over-rated opinion of himself. He lacks positional discipline, he goes for the Hollywood pass, and he doesn't work very well alongside other players.

If he doesn't want to stay with us, he can go back to doing photo-shoots for the front cover of Gay Times. 

29 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

If he's really said this, he shouldn't be played again.

He has an over-rated opinion of himself. He lacks positional discipline, he goes for the Hollywood pass, and he doesn't work very well alongside other players.

If he doesn't want to stay with us, he can go back to doing photo-shoots for the front cover of Gay Times. 

Dear oh dear, homophobia this time of the morning

9 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

He's not going to say he's happy at losing every week is he?

...and of course he's not going to sign if we get relegated

I'm not sure he's said much wrong here

He’s not - but it does seem that some thought he’d be likely to hang about after relegation.  Tbh whether we’d want him I’m not sure, but I doubt he’d want to stay either.   

I seem to remember it was said right at the beginning he wouldn't play in the Champs. Plus he seems to be injured too often unfortunately. It's a pity as in flashes he has looked very good. 

Bit of a moot comment as I don't believe we would have had any intention of paying out for an injury prone player to play in the championship on high wages. 

I wasn't the only one but I did say I thought there was a chance he would stay if we got relegated. Partly because he made it clear at the outset he had no intention of going back to Russia next season, and that was before the Ukraine war started.

And I made the comment a while back when he had seemingly got over his injuries and was apparently playing very well, and we were getting some points

So I could see a scenario in which we got relegated, but without being humiliated, and we convinced him to give it one season in the Championship, with the promise that he could leave if we didn't go straight back up, and with us building the midfield around him. Quite possibly the kind of talk we had with Buendia two summers ago.

But since our form has dropped away and by all accounts so has his, and then there is the question of his long-term fitness. All of which means he is very unhappy with his footballing life at Carrow Road and we are probably less keen than we were some months back to want him to stay.

1 hour ago, mannings bandy legs said:

To be honest,he's looked like the only player this season who actually cares.Unfortunately,being a bad loser,he was badly advised in joining us!!!!!

Nah, Brandon Williams for me is the one who has showed the most passion. Unfortunately he is also a loan player and will be leaving at the end of the season.