kick it off

Official match thread - Derby

Todd not in squad. Kenny dropped to bench. Stiepi and Emi return. Gibson makes debut. Lots of interest in how this lineup will perform. Strongest side for my money.

Screenshot_20201003-113032_Twitter.thumb.jpg.4d93061a891266d820bb4ad5062dd8db.jpg

Agree, very happy with that lineup! Very good to see Stiepermann back in the team as well as Emi. I'm convinced Marco still has a lot to give this season.

Vrancic will deserve a shout on 60 mins if we are chasing the game.

• Like 3

Will be interesting to see how Zimmerman pairs with Gibson, do rate Zimmers but hes pretty slow and he does make a few howlers from time to time. Was interesting seeing him getting into an argument with Godfrey during the Preston match.

Stepi supplying Pukki is a throwback, let's hope they link up as well as they did the last time we were in the champ

Liking that front 4, all familiar with each other, should lead to some free flowing farkeball. Bring it on 

Agree, spot on KIO. Best available in their best positions, should be a good win today.

Edited by Fuzzar

1 minute ago, lappinitup said:

The front four are the four who won us the league last time we were here.

They say Lightning doesn't strike  twice . Fortunately  that is not true.😉😇👍

Is Placheta injured? Would have expected him to make way for Buendia in the starting XI but to be on the bench if Buendia wasn’t fit enough for 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Is Placheta injured? Would have expected him to make way for Buendia in the starting XI but to be on the bench if Buendia wasn’t fit enough for 90 minutes.

Yes - think they said a thigh strain

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Got a slight strain , not serious  apparently. 

8 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

The front four are the four who won us the league last time we were here.

They key to that though, was the link up play from deep. Godfrey and Vrancic were crucial last time. Hopfully Gibson and Skipp can replicate. 

As I was last week, I'm happy with that starting 11. Been a while since that's happened! 

2 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Yes, he tweeked something but nothing serious apparently

Much happier about this than I was last week.

Plusses for me: Gibson (the acid test) and no Kenny Mclean. I don't particularly mind Kenny but this automatic selection routine bugged me. He's not woirthy of being the first name on the team sheet, after Krul, imo. Others deserve a look in.

Today it's Stieppi. Good move.

19 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Looking at the bench, I'm not sure how the team could be improved. Maybe Vrancic for Stiepermann or McLean for Rupp, but both would be sideways moves rather than actual improvements.

Take your point but that bench would walk into most teams in the Championship. 

He's picked a good team. I'm feeling optimistic for a change 

13 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Yes, he tweeked something but nothing serious apparently

If there was ever a "good" time to get injured it's just before an international break. I'm sure he's going to be fine if Farkes words on him are true.

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Take your point but that bench would walk into most teams in the Championship. 

He's picked a good team. I'm feeling optimistic for a change 

I agree, but which ones would genuinely improve our starting XI today?

Like I said, maybe Vrancic for Stiepermann, McLean for Rupp, possibly even Hanley for Zimmermann. But none of those changes would make a significant improvement to the side, if any at all.

Pivotal game. This is as probably a strong a line-up we could field. It will be a good indication of where we are and what we need from this remaining transfer window.