kick it off

Official match thread - Derby

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Same problem as last week. Pointless putting the ball wide and whipping crosses in without Hugill up front.

In fairness, quintillia has put some decent crosses in. Problem is that isn't really Pukkis strength 

I'd bring Rupp off at half time and stick on Hugill, need some height in their box from these crosses, and Rupp is especially noticeably slowing us down far too much, and with Derby almost playing 4-6-0 I don't see the need for both Skipp and Rupp. 

Edited by Michael Wynless Jones

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

Buendia on a tightrope now

Derby will work on him now... 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

I'd bring Rupp off at half time and stick on Hugill, need some height in their box from these crosses, and Rupp is especially noticeably slowing us down far too much, and with Derby almost playing 4-6-0 I don't see the need for both Skipp and Rupp. 

Best player for me. I do think him and skipp are very similar though. 

Not sure what to make of that half, some nice play but very little end product and their keeper hasn’t been tested. Little point in continuing to get wide and cross high with the players we have out there. Concerned that if the match continues this way that derby will get a smash and grab breakaway goal 

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Looking at the bench, I'm not sure how the team could be improved. Maybe Vrancic for Stiepermann or McLean for Rupp, but both would be sideways moves rather than actual improvements.

Can anyone please explain how Steeperman gets in the team instead of Vrancic!!??

I don't know if its Derby doing a good job on us, or us struggling to get into second gear, but the tempo feels so slow.

People always say that Leitner didn't get enough goals or assists, but he can dictate tempo! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Can anyone please explain how Steeperman gets in the team instead of Vrancic!!??

Probably because Vrancic's legs have gone and he always looks like he's pulling his boots on for a charity game five years after retiring.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Derby will work on him now... 

He has become a liability.  Suspect temperament and he was unable to cut it in the EPL.  How many goals did we concede from his losing the ball and sitting on his backside complaining?

I would prefer to see him more central but personally I'd rather sell him and buy Pritchard.

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

Rupp just can't weight his passes accurately. He slows us down on the counter

Rupps not the scapegoat this time, he looks up for it. My biggest criticism is Hernandez constantly offside and Buendia having little meltdowns every 5 minutes

2 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Idah for steipermann for me. 

With Pukki in the hole.

We've got a few crosses in, I'd want Idah or Hugill on the end of those. 

• Like 1

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Probably because Vrancic's legs have gone and he always looks like he's pulling his boots on for a charity game five years after retiring.

This rhetoric again! 

• Confused 1

Started well, faded.... Bit toothless from some real promising positions. Bit dull. Need to shoot, only one on target.

Just now, Ramrod said:

He has become a liability.  Suspect temperament and he was unable to cut it in the EPL.  How many goals did we concede from his losing the ball and sitting on his backside complaining?

I would prefer to see him more central but personally I'd rather sell him and buy Pritchard.

Oh p*ss off, Pritchard is rubbish and done nothing at Huddersfield. 

That would complete our transition to mid-table team. 

Rupp has been our best player. Anyone who says otherwise is simply looking for a scapegoat.