kick it off

Official match thread - Derby

This kind of match where the opposition sit deep is ideal for a striker like Hugill.

• Like 1

Derby have set up well, giving our advanced full backs the opportunity to hit balls in they can defend comfortably. 

Also making it difficult to play through them. But they're having to work hard, so hopefully more space in the second half to score. 

4 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Best player for me. I do think him and skipp are very similar though. 

He's made some decent challenges yes, but has no awareness of what those ahead of him are doing. If we're saying he's been one of our best players today, then I'm even more worried than ever. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

With Pukki in the hole.

We've got a few crosses in, I'd want Idah or Hugill on the end of those. 

Yeah. Mix it up a bit. 

Just now, Il Pirata said:

This rhetoric again! 

It was more than evident the last time he came on, looked like an old man. 

Let me know when you wake up.

I'm not talking about one paced 2018/19 season Vrancic who I adored, I'm talking about current day wobbly old man Vrancic - his legs have gone. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

People always say that Leitner didn't get enough goals or assists, but he can dictate tempo! 

I agree, on top of dictating tempo, he is aways available to receive the ball and he links defence to attack. He may not get many assists but he does a really good job of getting the ball to our dangerous players in positions where they can do damage

5 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Best player for me. I do think him and skipp are very similar though. 

I agree, I think he has done well but it's Stiepermann who has not been visible at all, of all the players

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ramrod said:

He has become a liability.  Suspect temperament and he was unable to cut it in the EPL.  How many goals did we concede from his losing the ball and sitting on his backside complaining?

I would prefer to see him more central but personally I'd rather sell him and buy Pritchard.

I can't see Buendia finishing the game today...  I'd love Pritchard back, but we can't afford to put all our eggs in one basket with another injury prone player. 

• Confused 1

Very much like last season. Nice attractive football, opposition comes with a game plan to sit back, soak it up, no end product from all the possession. Then the game starts to turn. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Oh p*ss off, Pritchard is rubbish and done nothing at Huddersfield. 

That would complete our transition to mid-table team. 

Says someone who doesn't know the difference between The Netherlands and Finland.

Just now, Michael Wynless Jones said:

He's made some decent challenges yes, but has no awareness of what those ahead of him are doing. If we're saying he's been one of our best players today, then I'm even more worried than ever. 

I was one of his biggest critics last season but credit where credit is due. He’s been good today. 

Wonder whether those Hair Transplant solutions electronic signs are our way of welcoming Rooney? 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't know if its Derby doing a good job on us, or us struggling to get into second gear, but the tempo feels so slow.

People always say that Leitner didn't get enough goals or assists, but he can dictate tempo! 

I think it's both. I just get the feeling with the sale of some of the big guns going we're seeing the start of the end of the Farke story here, just feels like a natural conclusion at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Very much like last season. Nice attractive football, opposition comes with a game plan to sit back, soak it up, no end product from all the possession. Then the game starts to turn. 

Lol what a load of rubbish. 

• Haha 1

Pleased with Rupp today, when the opposition sit off and don't compete physically he looks pretty nifty. Hugill on soon for me, the only space is out wide and nobody on our team can get on the end of any of these crosses. 

This looks more like our last Championship season, but I can't help thinking that's more to do with Derby not pressing or outmuscling us like other teams do. 

Think we'll nick this with a very nervy 1-0

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Rupps not the scapegoat this time, he looks up for it. My biggest criticism is Hernandez constantly offside and Buendia having little meltdowns every 5 minutes

Buendia is being a little b1tch, agreed. Needs to show some professionalism. 

Rupp has been playing well, he just needs to add a touch more weight to his passes to speed it up a bit. 

1 minute ago, vlad666 said:

I was one of his biggest critics last season but credit where credit is due. He’s been good today. 

We'll agree to disagree, not saying he's been crap, but he's been far from the dizzy heights of good. Not really sure what his strengths are to be honest, bit of a McLean without the extra running. 😁

Rupp mom. Buendia looks up for it but getting frustrated as players aren't playing to his level. 2 or 3 times he made great runs in behind the defence but a pass was not forthcoming. Maybe needs Vrancic. Constantly whipping in crosses which is a complete waste of time with our height. Another toothless performance so far.

Cheers K Scott.

Pukki not doing enough. If we’re crossing the ball, get Hugill on. Gibson looks comfortable and Skipp looking well. 

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

Buendia is being a little b1tch, agreed. Needs to show some professionalism. 

Rupp has been playing well, he just needs to add a touch more weight to his passes to speed it up a bit. 

Skipps passing isn’t great either, seems to want have a a chip element to them. But he will improve on that as the season goes on.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It was more than evident the last time he came on, looked like an old man. 

Let me know when you wake up.

I'm not talking about one paced 2018/19 season Vrancic who I adored, I'm talking about current day wobbly old man Vrancic - his legs have gone. 

Lol. The last time he came on (last week) he barely gave the ball away, and started at least 3 very dangerous moves resulting in goal scoring opportunities with pinpoint accuracy! 

The whole 'legs gone' rhetoric is nonsense. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

I can't see Buendia finishing the game today...  I'd love Pritchard back, but we can't afford to put all our eggs in one basket with another injury prone player. 

You know when people are asking for Alex "I hate Norwich, tinpot club cant wait to leave for better things" Pritchard to come back we have issues

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You know when people are asking for Alex "I hate Norwich, tinpot club cant wait to leave for better things" Pritchard to come back we have issues

Like Wes "sh!thouse club" Hoolahan? 

Don't be so sensitive. If it benefits the team now, that's all that matters. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Lol. The last time he came on (last week) he barely gave the ball away, and started at least 3 very dangerous moves resulting in goal scoring opportunities with pinpoint accuracy! 

The whole 'legs gone' rhetoric is nonsense. 

Yes he has always been more effective as a sub for 10/15/20 minutes. 

Not relevant to the guy advocating we put him in our first XI, which is who I was replying to. 

If you have an issue with Vrancic not starting then that is your problem with Farke's selection and decisions, write him a letter or something, I don't pick the team believe it or not. 

6 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Would replace Rupp (tactically as we seem to have enough in there) for Idah or Hugill and go for it.   No point in waiting around, needs a brave move to take this by its scruff!

Perhaps replace Skipp then? Seeing as Rupp has probably been our best player.