KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Liverpool v Norwich***

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

1-2 A lot better than I expected.

And DW too id imagine. What was the plan? Keep them to 0-0 until 70mins the hit them with Idah?!

Just now, ricardo said:

1-2 A lot better than I expected.

Exactly - and I’m not a happy clapper. Not forgetting this lot are top of the league

These rail seats have been squashed in, not enough room to move up and down the row, makes getting a pint a slow process.

20240128_141144.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Exactly. And no offence to Long but there is a huge gulf in quality between them. Games like this are not for playing reserve keepers 

Yes they are, it is precisely the sort of game to play your reserve keeper.  And so far Long hasn’t done anything wrong. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

No surprise that we are set up 4 5 1 but I think we are far too narrow in midfield.Impressed with McCullum

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Absolutely a huge gulf in class between the two. 

So was Scum v Maidstone but look what happened there.

The Wagner plan is working, whatever it is.  Trying to tire out front three by giving them plenty of chances.

Just now, Making Plans said:

So was Scum v Maidstone but look what happened there.

Yeah but the binners couldnt complete their underdog story and beat the better side. Is what it is. 

10 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Get a grip - NCFC weekly wage £413300 

Livarpool just off £3.5 million

and it’s 2-1 

yes we need to learn not to play out from the back - that’s Wagners job…

And let's not forget that Nunez cost Liverpool £64m-£85m (depending on add ons), which is at least £10m more than the value of our ENTIRE squad on Transfermarkt...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just got to pop upstairs to w*nk over a photo of Jurgen. Back in 10 minutes

This is taking longer than expected. Back ASAP 

10 mins?....Cor, you stayer!....

• Thanks 1

Just looked so overawed in the first fifteen minutes. Good defensive discipline but just don't look like beating that Liverpool press.  But going long just gives the ball away, so not sure what the answer is

This is taking longer than expected. Back ASAP 

Brewers droop?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes they are, it is precisely the sort of game to play your reserve keeper.  And so far Long hasn’t done anything wrong. 

If you want to lose then yes it is. To have any chance in a game like this you have to have 11 players on fire and ultimately rely on some keeping brilliance and someone to stick the chance away when and if it comes. Maidstone had it yesterday when their keeper played a blinder and they took their only chances. Long isn’t ever going to play a blinder needed to get something out of this 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

10 minutes..........show off!! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’d rather we had a coach who was either capable to organise a side to play out from the back correctly a la Farke. Or we come up with a plan that doesn’t involve sitting in our own box playing suicidal passes for fun. 

Yes they are a better side than us. Doesn’t mean we need to make it easy for them by gifting them possession in our final third time and time again. That is obviously the way they’ve been instructed to play by Wagner. 

You watched us in the PL under Farke right? 

So basically you're saying you want us to play better! Me too.

BUT we're playing probably one of the top five teams in the world at their place. It's always going to be tough.

6 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Still close enough to make the second half interesting. 

Only if we play it out from the back with conviction. Tippy tappy/zonal marking football isn't going to cut the mustard.

9 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

These rail seats have been squashed in, not enough room to move up and down the row, makes getting a pint a slow process.

20240128_141144.jpg

So many half and half scarves 😞

Result wise, 2-1 at half time is not too bad and we are in the game (just). We look quite threatening at times on the break and if we can get at them a bit more I feel another chance will come.

But I’m sorry I just don’t see how you can park the bus as we do snd yet still not mark or close down players when we have ten in our own final third. It’s truly bizarre tactics and frankly some of the defending I would be embarrassed by if produced by my U11s side. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Have ITV not even got a studio for this? Some bint underneath the sprinkler system.

This is Pink Un - less of the derogatory’s 

No Licence Fee people tax - cardboard studio….

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

If you want to lose then yes it is. To have any chance in a game like this you have to have 11 players on fire and ultimately rely on some keeping brilliance and someone to stick the chance away when and if it comes. Maidstone had it yesterday when their keeper played a blinder and they took their only chances. Long isn’t ever going to play a blinder needed to get something out of this 

Oh, right - that’s why many sides use their reserve keepers in the cup. Gunn being there, or otherwise, would have made no difference for either goal conceded so far.

Don't exactly expect to be winning this, but 99% of Liverpools attacks have been set up by our gifting the ball in our defensive third. I suppose we don't have a tonne of options.

Sara not particularly influential in the #10 as most have clamoured for