Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Delia wants an apology

Bit bizarre to put this out. Smacks of a clumsy PR attempt to try and gain some sympathy from the fans.

Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to drive through that mob to be honest. Surprised they didn’t get a lot more thrown at the car. 

• Like 1

It’s a shame they are not low key ambassadors of the club now with a stand named after them. Should have been long gone by now. 

• Like 1

Weird to issue an "official" statement - sure respond to a journalists enquiry, but this seems to be premeditated on their part. What are they trying to achieve with this? What can they gain? All it does is bring the spotlight back on them. 

Nope, deeply troubled by this. #head scratching emoji#

• Like 1

I’m sorry but I’m with Delia on this, just because Ed Sheeran put something out on his socials doesn’t make it ok. Ipswich should have already done something and let’s be honest it doesn’t have to be much just a canned statement about a few idiots would have sufficed

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I’m sorry but I’m with Delia on this, just because Ed Sheeran put something out on his socials doesn’t make it ok. Ipswich should have already done something and let’s be honest it doesn’t have to be much just a canned statement about a few idiots would have sufficed

A canned statement? Maybe they could have used the one that landed on the car 🤣🤣

I dunno think it's fair enough, binners need to take responsibility for the yokels and should have apologised from the get go 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

20% of the fan base wants an apology.

Are you suggesting that if as a Norwich supporter I drive my car through Ipswich, I would deserve to be attacked ?

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Are you suggesting that if as a Norwich supporter I drive my car through Ipswich, I would deserve to be attacked ?

No but who exactly would you want the apology from and why? The perpetrator clearly and perhaps other parties who have been clearly negligent, inconsiderate or inadvertently linked. I wonder whether the young lady injured in the visitors section at Coventry got an apology from NCFC? Using the logic implied here she ought to have done and it ought to have been public.

Twitter nonsense seems to be the order of the day.

Wagner is happy to take a draw tomorrow.

Delia wants an apology.

And Ashley Barnes is leaving the club by mutual consent.

• Like 1

Agree with Delia. Any self respecting club would have apologised even if privately 

But watching  the CEO feller  kissing the person in the wheelchair on the head like a lunatic priest anointing the infirm , class is not top of their agenda. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I bet the Ipswich ultras must have felt well hard attacking a car with a couple of 80 year olds in it.

you don’t get much lower than that,  says everything about the ethos and morales of that club 

funny they looked sh1t scared every time they looked at me 

Edited by norwich canary
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

she’s a whinger. 

Edited by S_81

Ipswich should've distanced themselves from the fans at the time  Even Liverpool do that when their fans repeatedly behave like twats. Now she's just bought it all up again.  

Hopefully it will have been forgotten about by the return fixture and we don't see our fans out for revenge.

I'm saddened I saw the clubs major shareholder wasted at the AGM describing people with a difference of opinion to her as whiney and then weeks later half cut again drapped off Ed sheeran but I don't expect an apology. 

• Like 3

She’s lost it. Is there a legal route for her to be removed from the club due to diminished responsibility?

The Norwich team coach made it to the ground without incident because it took a pre planned different route so why didn't they follow that instead of the Scum team bus ?

Yes Ipswich should apologise, however Delia's wording is slightly odd as why insist on a public apology? Has she received a private apology?

49 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

I bet the Ipswich ultras must have felt well hard attacking a car with a couple of 80 year olds in it.

you don’t get much lower than that,  says everything about the ethos and morales of that club 

funny they looked sh1t scared every time they looked at me 

They don't care. If anything the Twitter reactions from the binner fans I saw on social media at the time was most of them seemed to find the whole thing hilarious

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Norwich team coach made it to the ground without incident because it took a pre planned different route so why didn't they follow that instead of the Scum team bus ?

Weren't they told to follow the 1p5wich team coach by the local police? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Weren't they told to follow the 1p5wich team coach by the local police? 

Indeed they (reportedly) were - but let’s not let that get in the way of a good stick to beat them with.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

Anyone with half a brain would not have driven through that lot ! 
why that was allowed to happen Delia should be asking her driver ,

she could of been in the directors lounge well before any fans got there , 

does not make it right what happened but so easy to avoid 

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They don't care. If anything the Twitter reactions from the binner fans I saw on social media at the time was most of them seemed to find the whole thing hilarious

As would many of our fans if the situation was reversed. Social media is full of scum the world over, football fans particularly. The issue here is whether ITFC should apologise. Yes they should.

Delia's statement though is a bit clumsy as had they made a public apology we would have heard it 😉! Truth is we'd all forgotten about it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Anyone with half a brain would not have driven through that lot ! 
why that was allowed to happen Delia should be asking her driver ,

she could of been in the directors lounge well before any fans got there , 

does not make it right what happened but so easy to avoid 

I will stand corrected, but as I understood it, they were told by the police to follow the s*** coach into the ground ?

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

I will stand corrected, but as I understood it, they were told by the police to follow the s*** coach into the ground ?

There are conflicting reports. Mick D says that was the case. Other reports at the time said they had been told to follow our coach in on the other side of the ground but opted not to. Who knows?