Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Delia wants an apology

5 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Nope , that is between me and him. Let's say he changed his stance on what the club had told him before when he became their mouthpiece and put it on social media. 

Thank you for that comprehensive explanation, you've made it so much clearer.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

And there can be no basis for him being a mouthpiece so why does he always show up?

Not very self aware, are you?

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

Not very self aware, are you?

I am perfectly aware of the fact that the Club ED should be the correct person to deal with such matters assuming they have the appropriate level of experience and maturity. The latter clearly also being a matter for S&J. To my knowledge Dennis has no official role in the Club and isn't even 1 of the 6,000 plus shareholders so what has he got to do with anything.

12 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Why were they there Nige? Unfortunately our fans did worse on the day , is Delia and Michael going to publicly apologise for our idiots? 

As you move on desperately trying to make further ridiculous points let’s have a reset.

If you want to turn this into the behaviour of Norwich fans why don’t you apologise to ITFC for their actions. Or even start a thread about it.

16 minutes ago, essex canary said:

And there can be no basis for him being a mouthpiece so why does he always show up?

Because he is obviously fed the information to put out there. 

17 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Thank you for that comprehensive explanation, you've made it so much clearer.

Without getting a ban that's enough. Dennis said Ipswich police told them to follow Ipswich coach in , that doesn't make sense. Only 3 people could of told him that. If Ipswich police did say that , then Ipswich police need to apologise, as that's nothing to do with the football club. 

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

As you move on desperately trying to make further ridiculous points let’s have a reset.

If you want to turn this into the behaviour of Norwich fans why don’t you apologise to ITFC for their actions. Or even start a thread about it.

I don't want to apologise to them,  why would I? I did nothing wrong.  Just like Ipswich Town football club did nothing wrong.  Again Nige , what should Ipswich Town football club apologise for? Nothing what happened was to do with them. 

17 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I am perfectly aware of the fact that the Club ED should be the correct person to deal with such matters assuming they have the appropriate level of experience and maturity. The latter clearly also being a matter for S&J. To my knowledge Dennis has no official role in the Club and isn't even 1 of the 6,000 plus shareholders so what has he got to do with anything.

He's their friend, people in the club give him personal information,  I am sure he doesn't put it on social media without permission. 

5 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I don't want to apologise to them,  why would I? I did nothing wrong.  Just like Ipswich Town football club did nothing wrong.  Again Nige , what should Ipswich Town football club apologise for? Nothing what happened was to do with them. 

Probably out of decency and respect.

But that’s not the issue I have with your posts.

Again…

Why are you desperately trying to turn this around to be about the behaviour of Norwich fans?

Posted (edited)

All I can is so far the list of posters basically advocating intimidating behaviour towards an elderly couple isn't a surprising one.

If the same event had happened to my grandparents (some on here think that is the case anyway to be fair, so that's the IQ we're dealing with) I would be demanding a public apology from whoever was representative of the group that caused it. In this case its a football club.

@Sufyellow is determined to some reason distract with some other events our fans have caused which I've never heard about. If what he is saying is true those fans should be banned but in this case we have actual video footage and nothing has seemingly been done.

Edited by hogesar

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Isn’t this being blown up into epic proportions? I don’t condone what happened in anyway whatsoever, but to put out into the public domain, we’ve had no apology smacks of entitlement. 

Yes, it was unsavoury but it happened on the 16th Dec so why only now do they make it public they’ve had no apology?

What do they really expect? It’s not like anybody was hurt is it, so why not just move on and let it go?

Concentrate on sorting the mess out at our own club instead of worrying about 1p5hit!

Exactly baldy. That was my point at the beginning of the thread. I don't understand the need for a public statement and certainly don't understand what the couple are trying to achieve by it. All it seems to be doing is highlighting differences of opinions amongst our own fans. It certainly hasn't generated a swift response from the Binners. 🤷 On that basis, massive fail.

Posted (edited)

I’m sure Ipswich officials would have spoken to Smith in person before the match commenced. This is just deflecting away from club issues now she’s feeling some heat. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

When she drives through crowds of City supporters (hypothetically) after we lose against rover's, what response will she get from the 20%?

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m sure Ipswich officials would have spoke to Smith in person before the match commenced. This is just deflecting away from club issues now she’s feeling some heat. 

What heat? The zero chants about her in the ground every home game? The fans in the barclay just having friendly chats with her in the Lion & Castle?

What heat?

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Probably out of decency and respect.

But that’s not the issue I have with your posts.

Again…

Why are you desperately trying to turn this around to be about the behaviour of Norwich fans?

Because I don't understand what the difference is and why they don't apologise for what our individual fans do. Again nige what have Ipswich Town football club got to apologise for? Why can't you answer its what the topic is about. 

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

What heat? The zero chants about her in the ground every home game? The fans in the barclay just having friendly chats with her in the Lion & Castle?

What heat?

You didn’t see the post AGM interview when she totally lost it. Even you know deep down a significant proportion of fans want her and hubby gone ASAP. 

30 minutes ago, hogesar said:

All I can is so far the list of posters basically advocating intimidating behaviour towards an elderly couple isn't a surprising one.

If the same event had happened to my grandparents (some on here think that is the case anyway to be fair, so that's the IQ we're dealing with) I would be demanding a public apology from whoever was representative of the group that caused it. In this case its a football club.

@Sufyellow is determined to some reason distract with some other events our fans have caused which I've never heard about. If what he is saying is true those fans should be banned but in this case we have actual video footage and nothing has seemingly been done.

So what have Ipswich Town football club got to apologise for? So why didn't our club apologise publicly to Coventry and Ipswich for hurting innocent children? 

6 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

So what have Ipswich Town football club got to apologise for? So why didn't our club apologise publicly to Coventry and Ipswich for hurting innocent children? 

It’s interesting that Delia’s fan club have no comments to make on that. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s interesting that Delia’s fan club have no comments to make on that. 

Yep. 

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

This is factually incorrect. 

4 minutes ago, GMF said:

This is factually incorrect. 

Oh GMF, you have set yourself on a road there that doesn't have an ending...🤩

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Oh GMF, you have set yourself on a road there that doesn't have an ending...🤩

I’m sure it was signposted to Burnley! 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Maybe they're not aware of these incidents, were they reported at the time?

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Coventry one was well publicised , remember when fans started fighting each other. The young Ipswich fan was all over social media,  I am sure the club know. Maybe Coventry and Ipswich should demand for the club to apologise,  or maybe they know it was individuals . 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Coventry one was well publicised , remember when fans started fighting each other. The young Ipswich fan was all over social media,  I am sure the club know. Maybe Coventry and Ipswich should demand for the club to apologise,  or maybe they know it was individuals . 

That's a lot words, you could've just said 'no'.

Edited by A Load of Squit

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

That's a lot words, you could've just said 'no'.

You mean yes !

It's not that difficult to apologise.

Liverpool had the good grace to apologise.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/17/liverpool-condemn-damage-caused-manchester-united-team-bus

A statement from the hosts read: “Liverpool Football Club utterly condemns the actions that led to damage being caused to the Manchester United team bus during its arrival at Anfield this afternoon.

“We are aware of footage of the incident circulating online and are working with Merseyside Police, to fully investigate and identify those responsible.

“Any individuals found guilty of this reprehensible behaviour will also face the full force of the club’s sanction process.”

14 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Coventry one , was EDP ,EEN, BBC NEWS , Coventry local paper. So I guess the club knew. 4 arrested. 

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's not that difficult to apologise.

Liverpool had the good grace to apologise.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/17/liverpool-condemn-damage-caused-manchester-united-team-bus

A statement from the hosts read: “Liverpool Football Club utterly condemns the actions that led to damage being caused to the Manchester United team bus during its arrival at Anfield this afternoon.

“We are aware of footage of the incident circulating online and are working with Merseyside Police, to fully investigate and identify those responsible.

“Any individuals found guilty of this reprehensible behaviour will also face the full force of the club’s sanction process.”

Ipswich could word theirs so much differently though. Hopefully someone will say how they ended up driving through a large group of Ipswich fans in the wrong place. 

3 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Coventry one , was EDP ,EEN, BBC NEWS , Coventry local paper. So I guess the club knew. 4 arrested. 

These were incidents that happened at away grounds.