Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Delia wants an apology

Is this news? Typical social media hype. Does anyone know if she chose that route? The incident itself was nothing. If all the big talk was about was about a beer can hitting a car, don't go to a derby in Turkey, Argentina etc. 

13 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Oh the irony!

Sarcasm is lost on you I see 

Armoured personnel carrier - Wikipedia

Next time playing away at Suffark....

"Michael...see if you can take out that one with the exploding acne and a snaggle tooth who's about to throw the beer can!".....

31 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Weren't they told to follow the 1p5wich team coach by the local police? 

According to Mick Dennis so i wonder what his source for that was ?

29 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Indeed they (reportedly) were - but let’s not let that get in the way of a good stick to beat them with.

Glad you said reportedly because do you seriously believe that they would be told to follow the Scum team bus as opposed to the City team coach that somehow managed to get to the ground without incident ?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

There are conflicting reports. Mick D says that was the case. Other reports at the time said they had been told to follow our coach in on the other side of the ground but opted not to. Who knows?

That version won't fit the narrative some on here are trying to convey.

The incident should not have happened and could have been avoided but why it has been dragged it up again is pure guesswork.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

I’m sorry but I’m with Delia on this, just because Ed Sheeran put something out on his socials doesn’t make it ok. Ipswich should have already done something and let’s be honest it doesn’t have to be much just a canned statement about a few idiots would have sufficed

And she apologies for our fans hitting children in their seats with objects. I mean they were just in their seats , they weren't stupid enough to drive into a few thousand Ipswich fans.  

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think the police need to make a statement on how she ended up there . I really can't get my head round why they followed it in .

Delia should get no apology whatsoever. In fact, she should apologise for stalking the Ipswich team bus, which was a highly provocative act given that she is a football double agent who lives near Ipswich and supported them in 78 yet turns up at Portman Road wearing yellow and green. She got off lightly. I'm surprised she didn't have barrels of beer thrown on the roof of the car. Delia now trying to portray herself as the victim after the poisonous atmosphere she and Webber have created around the club is extremely far-fetched, to say the least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Are you suggesting that if as a Norwich supporter I drive my car through Ipswich, I would deserve to be attacked ?

Yep , that Really is nothing like what happened is it? If as a Norwich fan you had followed that coach in , what would you have expected? 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Norwich team coach made it to the ground without incident because it took a pre planned different route so why didn't they follow that instead of the Scum team bus ?

Needed a distraction for the fans she upset.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

According to Mick Dennis so i wonder what his source for that was ?

Glad you said reportedly because do you seriously believe that they would be told to follow the Scum team bus as opposed to the City team coach that somehow managed to get to the ground without incident ?

I want the police to make a statement,  Dennis and club insiders have said the police told them to follow the Ipswich bus in , which is incredible and personally I would still not have done it. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That version won't fit the narrative some on here are trying to convey.

The incident should not have happened and could have been avoided but why it has been dragged it up again is pure guesswork.

Distraction,  webber was great at it , she has learnt from the best . 

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

No but who exactly would you want the apology from and why? The perpetrator clearly and perhaps other parties who have been clearly negligent, inconsiderate or inadvertently linked. I wonder whether the young lady injured in the visitors section at Coventry got an apology from NCFC? Using the logic implied here she ought to have done and it ought to have been public.

The same happened at Ipswich,  so obviously Delia and Michael will issue an apology as well to Ipswich.  

Posted (edited)

Why would Ipswich FC apologise for something that happened on the public highway?

Edited by MrFruit
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I did hear Delia said to Driver you have " No idea .No Idea not a clue what it takes to get to Portman road "

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 1

The reaction to this is a sad reflection of the whole narrative around this fixture. First we had the constant pantwetting about how we were going to get hammered and the binners would have their day. And now somehow a supporter of over 70 years standing is at fault for the binners disgraceful behaviour.

I wouldn't have wanted to go behind enemy lines with any of you back in the day...

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The reaction to this is a sad reflection of the whole narrative around this fixture. First we had the constant pantwetting about how we were going to get hammered and the binners would have their day. And now somehow a supporter of over 70 years standing is at fault for the binners disgraceful behaviour.

Well said Nutty.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wouldn't have wanted to go behind enemy lines with any of you back in the day...

You wouldn’t be in the trenches, that’s for sure. You’d be chief boot licker in the executive vehicle. 

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That is what i am saying Enemy lines you do not go through them you go around them ,

if you watch the video i do not know who said what but ,

the Ipswich coach drives through crowd  police were there no problem

the crowd and fans then follow the coach and start walking along the road the police had gone so i imagine they had no idea Delias car was then going to come along through the fans on the road ,

That was the error putting Delia in that position in the first place ,

yes the Ipswich fans were terrible and did not act very well at all 

but the problem was Delia should not have been put in that situation by who every did it ,

i personally do not think it was the police as they moved away as if they did not know another car was coming behind coach 

Edited by norfolkngood

8 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You wouldn’t be in the trenches, that’s for sure. You’d be chief boot licker in the executive vehicle. 

You'd be in your armchair as usual. But is it blue :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

That is what i am saying Enemy lines you do not go through them you go around them ,

if you watch the video i do not know who said what but ,

the Ipswich coach drives through crowd behind barriers police were there no problem

the crowd and fans then follow the coach in a start walking along the road the police had gone so i imagine they had no idea Delias car was then going to come along through the fans on the road ,

That was the error putting Delia in that position in the first place ,

yes the Ipswich fans were terrible and did not act very well at all 

but the problem was Delia should not have been put in that situation by who every did it ,

i personally do not think it was the police as they moved away as if they did not know another car was coming behind coach 

What a load of old pony. Do you analyse evrything that happen so forensically?

It's such a simple thing. Isn't it?

I knew some of our fans were pathetic. I knew some of them were weak and spent the past 6 months idolising Ipswich and predicting a thrashing. 

I didnt know they were that low, despicable specimens of human beings that rather than agree that the behaviour of rival football fans towards an elderly couple was wrong, they'd rather try and blame the elderly couple for "going against police instruction" with absolute zero evidence.

Very little surprises me with some of the characters on this forum but this is a new low from some. I've seen much stronger condemnation of what happened from Ipswich fans themselves than some of the made up rhetoric on here from people claiming they're Norwich fans.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I knew some of our fans were pathetic. I knew some of them were weak and spent the past 6 months idolising Ipswich and predicting a thrashing. 

I didnt know they were that low, despicable specimens of human beings that rather than agree that the behaviour of rival football fans towards an elderly couple was wrong, they'd rather try and blame the elderly couple for "going against police instruction" with absolute zero evidence.

Very little surprises me with some of the characters on this forum but this is a new low from some. I've seen much stronger condemnation of what happened from Ipswich fans themselves than some of the made up rhetoric on here from people claiming they're Norwich fans.

The only logical expanation I can think of is that the result disappointed...

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

A tin o' ale on the bonnet.....after all, it is a beermer.....

2/10 Mello, must try harder. :- (

Posted (edited)

What has any of this got to do with ITFC as a corporate body albeit some of their fans behaved badly outside the ground ?  Clearly when fans get injured in grounds it is the responsibility of the Clubs involved  primarily but not necessarily exclusively the home club.

Edited by essex canary
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hog 

i do not know if you meant anything i said / posted 

i think it was disgusting what the Ipswich fans did to a old couple ,

i was just pointing out it should and could of been totally avoidable ,

someone messed up who ? i have no idea 

i do not think it was police though as they would radio along the line telling others to keep road clear 

• Like 1

The only thing most Norwich fans want to see of the pair elderly couple is the back of them, and it cannot come soon enough.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

What has any of this got to do with ITFC as a corporate body albeit some of their fans behaved badly outside the ground ?  Clearly when fans get injured in grounds it is the responsibility of the Clubs involved  primarily but not necessarily exclusively the home club.

FFS. If Norwich City got Putin to withdraw from Ukraine, brokered a peace agreement between Israel and Hamas and found a solution to climate change, you’d be posting that they ought to stick to football, or still complaining about the wage bill. It’s boring, no one cares and it’s transparently all about you. Since you won’t do the rest of us a favour and stop posting, it must be time to block you.