Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

What cheap and available managers are there right now?

Given almost everyone is screaming for Wagner to get booted out..

Who exactly is available to take over? And from a realistic view who would even want to?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Crucially have they recently massively failed in football management and need a new home where they can be warm and safe?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Go for Potter. 

I can’t state enough how unrealistic this is. The guy turned down Leicester at the start of the season. 

His name comes up all the time and it’s just ridiculous.

• Like 4

Our next manager should be someone most of us have ever heard of - a young coach from somewhere in Europe or South America with a record of playing good football; someone we can get behind because he's trying to do the right things the right way, using players who can improve.

• Like 2

I find it hard to imagine any ambitious manager whose career’s on an upward trajectory would want to come and work within our current structure…. where there’s no money (having been p1ssed up against the wall), where our main assets will be sold in the summer,  where there’s such incompetence at Board level and where the elderly owner is so out of touch and deluded that she’s calling her customers ‘whingers’ for having the temerity to question what hell’s going on.

There’s certainly no way someone as ambitious and well regarded as Potter would come here to work in such a set-up.

• Like 2

For 6 months you'd probably be looking at a Nigel Pearson type to see us through, although I don't think there is much need for someone like that.

As much as people might panic we're in no danger of going down. We're 13 points clear of the bottom three and we've shown we've got enough to string a few results together.

If Knapper has someone in mind but doesn't think he can get him until the summer then we can either stick with Wagner or, if we think that could be damaging, look at an internal caretaker like Pellach or even Andy Hughes.

Don't know about cheap, but I still wonder if there's any possibility we could convince Lucien Favre to come here, had his work cut out at a badly run Nice who much like us bought a lot of the wrong players in the summer, but would be ideal for a longer term commitment and willingness to let his ideas and style of play shine, he's always been excellent at developing youth, and tactically is unbelievably proficient.

Said he doesn't want to go back to managing in the Bundesliga, but I do wonder if our star has fallen too far for him to even consider taking over a club at this level, but stranger things have happened, and is so far above most of the names we're likely to be linked with, I'd rather we asked the question and got politely rejected than assume it's a non-starter.

At no point sign any manager recently sacked! All our managers with recent success have been pooched from their positions those taken on sacked have been woeful! Go after a young coach with no baggage and some ambition, Carlos Cousra

25 minutes ago, Top corner said:

I would give it to Narcis Pelach until the end of the season, if he does well, give him the job full-time. 

Part of the current underachievers - no thanks.

Ian Evatt - doing a great job at Bolton.

Liam Rosenior - doing similar at Hull.

OK - both still in jobs but if the club is serious about future aspirations then these are the type of managers we should be going for.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given almost everyone is screaming for Wagner to get booted out..

Who exactly is available to take over? And from a realistic view who would even want to?

Define cheap?