king canary

Mick Dennis playing the hits...

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

That article is just sad more than anything. 

I agree entirely it highlights everything wrong with the club

The cosy relationships the nepotism on the board, the massive underachievement over a sustained period. The culture at the club is truly rotten 

we will only get a Renaissance in the clubs fortune once they have gone and taken their acolytes with them 

30 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Doesn't render it pointless at all, and nor does it mean he should not bother - As proven by the fact that you're someone who doesn't agree with it, yet we are discussing it.  In fact, you're the one that posted here so he's done a number on you.

There's a huge majority who sit in the middle who are neither happy nor raging mad who will know what this article will be and will digest it.  You're acting as though every reader comes to the article with a pre-conceived 'side', things aren't that binary.

I feel your missing my point.

I agree it isn't pointless writing it. My point is if you're (not you in this case but Hoegsar) that people who don't agree should just not bother reading it then it becomes a bit pointless as you're just preaching to the choir. Mick can and should write what he wants but equally people who don't agree with can and should read and articulate what they don't agree with him on rather than just seeing his name and not bothering to read.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, king canary said:

If we all know what we're getting then why even bother writing it? I read it to see if he had any substantive arguments but he didn't. He picks a few of the nutier claims to address, like the social life one, which is mainly made by a few idiots, while failing to engage with the main substantive and reasonable points made by plenty of level headed fans post agm.

He's of course entitled to write these articles but all it does is further tarnish what little credibility he has left on all issues Norwich City.

I don’t think the social life thing is completely nutty to be honest. Ok maybe they don’t need football to have a social life (which is what MD is saying) but equally there is no doubt the social life associated with owning the club has been a huge part of their life for many, many years and I do think that would be something that is hard to let go. Wining and dining your friends every weekend, travel in comfort to every game. I suspect they have hugely enjoyed most of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I agree entirely it highlights everything wrong with the club

The cosy relationships the nepotism on the board, the massive underachievement over a sustained period. The culture at the club is truly rotten 

we will only get a Renaissance in the clubs fortune once they have gone and taken their acolytes with them 

I don't think we've particularly underachieved with S&J. We've been about where I'd expect us to, with the exception of one year in League One.

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Mick Dennis is too biased to be a decent journalist.

He's retired.

I'm sure he's allowed to be a supporter with an opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That may not be the full truth but she's always made it clear she has a soft spot for them and that she thinks the East Anglian derby should not exist and that we should all be friends..

2 hours in and we still await the evidence. You are normally very quick in trawling the web for articles or are you now Big Vince/Keith Scott in disguise?

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

My point is if you're (not you in this case but Hoegsar) that people who don't agree should just not bother reading it then it becomes a bit pointless as you're just preaching to the choir.

I don't believe i'm the one missing the point here if you think this is how the conversation went.

Hoggy clearly said if people hate Delia then they should avoid reading it, he didn't say people who disagreed with it should avoid - you've fabricated that in yourself to include a larger subset of supporters, and then accelerated it up to make a point that Dennis shouldn't bother on that basis.

As posted previously, we're now discussing this issue, you made this topic, and it's also clear you're not part of the choir - So he's done as intended with this article.  So yes, it is worth bothering with, even if people who hate Delia don't read.

3 hours ago, king canary said:

This, incidentally, is a great example of why Dennis is so frustrating.

On social media this is called 'nutpicking.' Taking a relatively fringe argument that is easily disproved to try and paint all critics of the owners as being deluded. 

Yes, some idiots believe the 'Delia was an Ipswich fan' nonsense. But it is pretty irrelevant to the wider post agm dissatisfaction, which he completely fails to engage with.

TBF, I hadn’t heard that version of events, so for me it was worth including.

23 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I don't believe i'm the one missing the point here if you think this is how the conversation went.

Hoggy clearly said if people hate Delia then they should avoid reading it, he didn't say people who disagreed with it should avoid - you've fabricated that in yourself to include a larger subset of supporters, and then accelerated it up to make a point that Dennis shouldn't bother on that basis.

As posted previously, we're now discussing this issue, you made this topic, and it's also clear you're not part of the choir - So he's done as intended with this article.  So yes, it is worth bothering with, even if people who hate Delia don't read.

Oh my lord.

Yes I know it's worth bothering with. I said that in response to you. Jesus.

Well I did read it and he has made some good points. Equally it's as biased as some of the comments against Smith are contemptible. I also read the comments particularly the one concerning the remarks to Connor Southwell, a pretty poor response.

It's thought provoking and I'm certainly not a Delia hater, but it hasn't changed my opinion that she 'really read the room wrong' and that we need to speed-up the transition to Mark Attanasio full control.

• Like 1

Knew the resident seat sniffer would pop up at some point. Although maybe he's been residing here all along....

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well I did read it and he has made some good points. Equally it's as biased as some of the comments against Smith are contemptible. I also read the comments particularly the one concerning the remarks to Connor Southwell, a pretty poor response.

It's thought provoking and I'm certainly not a Delia hater, but it hasn't changed my opinion that she 'really read the room wrong' and that we need to speed-up the transition to Mark Attanasio full control.

What has Attanasio done to enjoy so much favour?

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not being Delia or MWJ is a good start. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

You could strongly argue his willingness to invest in the club to the tune of £40m+ has prevented us from going bankrupt in the last year or so. Or at least having to firesale every single one of our playing assets worth a damn. His financial clout and willing to engage with fan channels (e.g. TNC)? His ambitions for the club (to be an established EPL team)?

Or that he already has a successful track record with another sports team that punches far above its weight and enjoys relative success for its size will remaining sustainable?

Edited by Canary Wundaboy
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Mick Dennis is too biased to be a decent journalist.

Agreed. 

Dennis has never been objective with regards to NCFC because of his association with the joint majority shareholders. 

It was a messy and very selective piece from somebody who cannot divorce his personal feelings towards them and business. I've heard many people tell me how nice Delia is, but that is not relevant here. 

Even the most dyed in the wool Delia fan must accept that the AGM didn't go well, either for her or as a whole. Quite what MA thought, I wonder. Maybe one day we will find out. 

Being 'nice' is not what business is about. It is about making the right decisions and structures in place, keeping as many people onside. Being 'a fan' is not relevant either, in fact, it could be argued that it is counter productive as when cold, even ruthless decisions have to be made, they feel reluctant to do them, if at all. 

If Dennis is upset, then maybe he should look beyond his rose tinted spectacles and wonder why? 

• Like 2

This thread is better than I expected it to be. When I saw the title I thought it was going to be about him playing Christmas songs non stop. A far bigger crime on the 5th of December.

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

You could strongly argue his willingness to invest in the club to the tune of £40m+ has prevented us from going bankrupt in the last year or so. Or at least having to firesale every single one of our playing assets worth a damn. His financial clout and willing to engage with fan channels (e.g. TNC)? His ambitions for the club (to be an established EPL team)?

Or that he already has a successful track record with another sports team that punches far above its weight and enjoys relative success for its size will remaining sustainable?

Something outsiders most certainly attribute to Delia and Michael about us.

Brewers fans however, have similar complaints about MA as many do towards DS and MWJ

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Hi Mick

She needs to be baited into making a fool of herself on a national scale so she’s forced to sell up sooner 

kind regards

Buh

She did that against Manchester City 20 years ago!

45 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Brewers fans however, have similar complaints about MA as many do towards DS and MWJ

Do you know if the ownership of the Brewers include the same people in his Norfolk holdings group? 

48 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Correct, i won’t be the only one who’s read the “Sick of him now, where’s the money, the club’s languishing, he’s a jerk” type commentary and caught a whiff of familiarity 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Do you know if the ownership of the Brewers include the same people in his Norfolk holdings group? 

Sorry, no idea. I think @shefcanary might know, sure it was him I remember writing something about it on here.

9 hours ago, king canary said:

This, incidentally, is a great example of why Dennis is so frustrating.

On social media this is called 'nutpicking.' Taking a relatively fringe argument that is easily disproved to try and paint all critics of the owners as being deluded. 

Yes, some idiots believe the 'Delia was an Ipswich fan' nonsense. But it is pretty irrelevant to the wider post agm dissatisfaction, which he completely fails to engage with.

I have never heard a Norwich fan say that , believing it. Plenty of town fans though.