39 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’ve never been particularly for or against DeliaMWJ, and absolutely nothing has changed.  Are people really so thin-skinned that this matters to them - is she only allowed to say nice things?

Really, when there’s all the crap going down elsewhere in the world, does it matter that Delia thinks some of our supporters are whingey?  And is she actually all that far wrong?  And aren’t we entitled to be? 

Placatory comments might have of course been more sensible, but I imagine she’s as frustrated and peed off as everyone else 

Honestly, BP, this is baffling. 100% it matters.

It's not about being thin skinned. I don't personally care what she thinks of the fans, but showing distain and resentment  in her position is only conducive to one thing. Failure. I want the best for this club, and that isn't Delia, and hasn't been for a decade. 

She's 82 FFS. She's been taken for a fool by the incompetent Webbers, and stupid enough to think they care about her and the club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’ve never been particularly for or against DeliaMWJ, and absolutely nothing has changed.  Are people really so thin-skinned that this matters to them - is she only allowed to say nice things?

Really, when there’s all the crap going down elsewhere in the world, does it matter that Delia thinks some of our supporters are whingey?  And is she actually all that far wrong?  And aren’t we entitled to be? 

Placatory comments might have of course been more sensible, but I imagine she’s as frustrated and peed off as everyone else 

1100 fans will travel to Bristol City this weekend on Sunday, for a 1:30pm kickoff. In the freezing cold. They're obviously devoted fans who put money into the club coffers when buying their tickets, and go to support the team. So they're the "good" 80%.

If we concede several goals, if the team look disinterested, the tactics are non-existent, the fitness looks poor and the subs are rubbish, they'll be singing "Wagner Out" and "Sack the Board", do they then magically transform into the "whinging 20%"?

Of course not. That argument is insane. The fans react to what they see on and off the pitch. If the team play well and tried their best and we lose, we applaud them off. If they play well and win, we cheer. If the game's absolutely turgid and we draw there'll be a few disgruntled boos but mostly people will just sigh and wander home. 

When the club is showing a lack of direction, a head coach remains in charge with one of the worst records in modern history, the plays cant be bothered on the pitch, the style of football has deteriorated into something that's actually painful to watch and the approach of "youth first" has been abandoned so the average player age on Saturday was the highest in 40 years, THAT's when fans start to voice discontent.

We have the highest season ticket prices. We have an ownership that lacks any kind of governance. We have had a Sporting Director who felt no qualms in only offering 90% and who said he could leave whenever he felt like it. 

Delia and MWJ's time is up. They've poured fuel on the fire with their comments/interview last night and they'll be a backlash against Preston. No wonder Attanasio shuffled uncomfortably every time Delia opened her mouth.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

1100 fans will travel to Bristol City this weekend on Sunday, for a 1:30pm kickoff. In the freezing cold. They're obviously devoted fans who put money into the club coffers when buying their tickets, and go to support the team. So they're the "good" 80%.

If we concede several goals, if the team look disinterested, the tactics are non-existent, the fitness looks poor and the subs are rubbish, they'll be singing "Wagner Out" and "Sack the Board", do they then magically transform into the "whinging 20%"?

Of course not. That argument is insane. The fans react to what they see on and off the pitch. If the team play well and tried their best and we lose, we applaud them off. If they play well and win, we cheer. If the game's absolutely turgid and we draw there'll be a few disgruntled boos but mostly people will just sigh and wander home. 

When the club is showing a lack of direction, a head coach remains in charge with one of the worst records in modern history, the plays cant be bothered on the pitch, the style of football has deteriorated into something that's actually painful to watch and the approach of "youth first" has been abandoned so the average player age on Saturday was the highest in 40 years, THAT's when fans start to voice discontent.

We have the highest season ticket prices. We have an ownership that lacks any kind of governance. We have had a Sporting Director who felt no qualms in only offering 90% and who said he could leave whenever he felt like it. 

Delia and MWJ's time is up. They've poured fuel on the fire with their comments/interview last night and they'll be a backlash against Preston. No wonder Attanasio shuffled uncomfortably every time Delia opened her mouth.

None of that has anything at all to do with what I said.   It’s a good post/rant but is absolutely not a reply to me.

Edited by Branston Pickle

7 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Top post. 

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I suppose it depends if they are part of the 80% or 20%?!

Depends if that is actually true. Just because she said it, doesn't make it correct. I speak to lots of fans... I'd say she is in the minority but that's just my opinion.

It's a crass and stupid comment at a very low point supporting our club.

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Depends if that is actually true. Just because she said it, doesn't make it correct. I speak to lots of fans... I'd say she is in the minority but that's just my opinion.

It's a crass and stupid comment at a very low point supporting our club.

Indeed. Which was a point I made elsewhere.  It does rather seem that everyone here expects people to say 100% gospel truth all the time, and to have never mis-spoken.  We aren’t perfect and neither is the case for anyone.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

It matters in my view because it’s a genuine window into her/their thinking re the fans and whether or not they are actually going to act and it all suggests they aren’t going to. Like the Times interview, Delia has let the veil slip. It also matters because it shows on key issues they are massively out of touch with the fan base. We will not regain the feel good factor whilst these two things remain as they are. Even pretty staunch Delia advocates in the past are questioning what they heard last night.

I agree it doesn’t matter than she threw a few punches back at her critics. What matters is the huge question marks her attitude casts over the decision making at the top of the club. 

• Like 4

She's a good egg and will be remembered fondly in years to come, but it is definitely time to go and criticising the fans is always a sure-fire way of speeding up your departure. Expect her to be totally gone early in the new year I reckon. It's game over. Her love-in with the Webbers has proven to be a big mistake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Indeed. Which was a point I made elsewhere.  It does rather seem that everyone here expects people to say 100% gospel truth all the time, and to have never mis-spoken.  We aren’t perfect and neither is the case for anyone.

I don't mind people mis-speaking on a football forum amongst peers.

I do mind when a majority shareholder, at the Annual General Shareholders meeting, is clearly consuming alcohol and is either unable to weigh her words carefully enough or allows the booze to remove enough inhibition that she says what she clearly considers to be the truth. We can judge her on either scenario, either way what she actually said is worthy of derision. It's not professional, it's certainly not in line with her self-proclaimed role as club "custodian" (meaning to take care of something!).

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

What did Wynnie say?

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

**** all as usual, just a puppet.

He didn’t say much at all. He didn’t look very well but I suppose a 100-a-day habit catches up with everyone in the end. 

Delia looked in better nick but the pair sat between an almost constantly grinning Mark Attanasio and the buzz cut urgent young things all booted and suited to their left. It all felt a bit sad.

It’s been done to death on here previously  and I can’t understand why it takes so long but if it really will be three years before their successor takes over my sad view of the top table will only get worse. 

Can’t wait for the annual bull **** that will come with the ST renewal stuff. Nobody will believe a word of it and the number of renewals will be way way down.

19 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

She's a good egg and will be remembered fondly in years to come, but it is definitely time to go and criticising the fans is always a sure-fire way of speeding up your departure. Expect her to be totally gone early in the new year I reckon. It's game over. Her love-in with the Webbers has proven to be a big mistake.

I don’t think she will be gone in the New Year. I think the big reset will only happen when we hit rock bottom. At present I think we aren’t there yet, but if things continue as they are we will end up in League 1, if not this season, the next. Then and only then will the big changes happen.

The fans need a leader to galvanise the dissent. Unfortunately I am no leader of man but Cometh the hour Cometh the man - @TIL 1010 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

The fans need a leader to galvanise the dissent. Unfortunately I am no leader of man but Cometh the hour Cometh the man - @TIL 1010 

I can't wait.

Posting this having not read the thread (busy). If Delia did refer to some supporters as whingers, that shows an incredible lack of professionalism if not common sense. Many will have attended a funeral where the deceased had numerous obvious flaws - but nothing is said. A known psshead would have the comment 'he was always popular in the bar'. Delias role is NOT to join in with insults. Things are best left unsaid, whatever your thoughts.

She will travel to Bristol with any costs not impacting her spending ability whatsoever. Whereas there will be supporters attending who are on the minimum wage. What they are spending is often a huge chunk of their disposal income. Theirs won't be an hours flight, then taxi and up to the director's box either. Theirs will be at best a five-hour journey. It is not whinging to express their concerns.

To talk of whingers in this context is not worthy of our club or the club supporters. She would do well to refund the ticket price out of her own pocket (I said this BEFORE the AGM comments). And a sincere apology should now be forthcoming

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I don't mind people mis-speaking on a football forum amongst peers.

I do mind when a majority shareholder, at the Annual General Shareholders meeting, is clearly consuming alcohol and is either unable to weigh her words carefully enough or allows the booze to remove enough inhibition that she says what she clearly considers to be the truth. We can judge her on either scenario, either way what she actually said is worthy of derision. It's not professional, it's certainly not in line with her self-proclaimed role as club "custodian" (meaning to take care of something!).

A classic case of 'In Vino Veritas'.....Oh yesh it ish!.....

• Like 2

Well  now I know the city fans are just a bunch of moaners , a  few are happy clappers . but we all got to put up with the dross because by some miracle we an still be promoted- wow what  sad sad state the club is descending in too

Just seen the interview she did with Rob butler.  Surely it's not a good look to be wasted at an AGM if you're a majority shareholder. Forgetting questions and swaying about like that either she's drunk or she's ill. 

"It was you sardonic selfish whingers that forced my luvverly crag-hoppin' 90% committed Stu outta this feckin' family club! Shame on you roughly around 20% small-brained idiotic and incongruous belligerent bunch o' pot-bellied divorcees an' insignificant stoopid supporters!"...."Do yez want sum eh! Do yez want sum!"....'hic'....

General Mills in Berwick: David Cameron and Delia Smith asked to back jobs  fight - Chronicle Live

• Haha 4

Imagine having the arrogance to slag off 20% of your customers { realistically it’s far closer to 50% or higher ) At any other club or business they would be forced out 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Just seen the interview she did with Rob butler.  Surely it's not a good look to be wasted at an AGM if you're a majority shareholder. Forgetting questions and swaying about like that either she's drunk or she's ill. 

Thought she has lost a bit of weight !!!

20% of the home crowd at Carrow Road is c. 4,500/5,000 people, which is not a small amount of customers to be slagging off...

• Like 1

Surprised no one has made a comment on Delia clearly taking PR advice from Stuart before he left..

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ridgeman said:

She makes you laugh saying Webber put his head out of the door and said he has never heard such bad language hasn’t he heard bad language at any of his other clubs. Then MWJ says they were probably drunk when they signed the deal is that a fit and proper person  for the EFL. Let’s hope the crowd show their anger at the next home game.

They could always show the full cctv the police had , it may clear up a few lies. Yes a couple used the C word when he came out, they  got banned. He certainly wasn't a victim, and was up for debate. I was told 4 people got warned by the police about future conduct, 3 were fans. I am surprised she didn't repeat the lie that he was going to his car. 

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Surprised no one has made a comment on Delia clearly taking PR advice from Stuart before he left..

Personally I think the 20% of fans are negative is something he has said to her and she was just repeating it because she is still smarting from his departure from the club. The sooner Delia and MWJ step aside the better for me. Interestingly watching the local news and upon hearing what Delia had to say, Mrs Boadicea (who is not in the 100% let alone the 20% or 80%) was "wholly riled" by her, her response was something along the lines of "effing cheek, talking about the fans like that, she ought to think herself lucky she still has fans buying tickets, she ought to **** off"...............

• Like 1

I must admit there’s a lot more negativity against her after this AGM! I would like to think she’s still worth a lot of praise as is Webber unfortunately like most owners and SD they will be remembered for the negative couple years, but in time we will look back to this tenure with some fondness.

But it’s certainly time for that change from top to bottom! We have knapper so I hope we can get some changes soon, hopefully full change at the top by summer with a new young coach (Carlos Cuesta)

• Like 1

Delia Smith stoked the social media fire when she said '10-20 per cent' of Norwich City fans were 'whingers'.

...I'd say it's nearer 50% Mrs Smith. I reckon we're up there in the ranking of moanyest fans.