norfolkngood

Kieran Dowell looking to leave Rangers

He's always blown hot or cold. Very much one of those sorts of players who will have one game in which he will look great only to then look invisible for the next ten matches. Injury issues also not helped.

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cantwell won't be far behind.

He might be recovering in hospital after the shocking tackle he faced at the weekend...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Darcey Bussell would have been proud of that.

Actually, there is no way I'd want Dowell back at Carrow Road. "Average Championship player" sums him up fine. All professional footballers should have their moments, that's why they are what they are. Dowelll had too few.

I'd actually have Todd back, although I suspect most on here wouldn't.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Actually, there is no way I'd want Dowell back at Carrow Road. "Average Championship player" sums him up fine. All professional footballers should have their moments, that's why they are what they are. Dowelll had too few.

I'd actually have Todd back, although I suspect most on here wouldn't.

You wouldnt take "an average championship player" back...... I would,  better than the below championship dross currently being played! (I'd also welcome a committed Cantwell back as well)

• Like 4

Actually, the quote said:

"Dowell, an average midtable Championship player at very best. ..." 

Surely we have enough of those in the squad already?

I'd have Dowell back, no problem. Always liked him. 

At 26, he'll bring the average squad age down a bit, too. (only half-joking) 

When fit, he'd often contribute goals and assists and has an eye for a pass (unlike most of the current bunch). His injury in February certainly contributed to our pathetic run at the end of last season, I think. 

• Like 1

I think Cantwell and Dowell are very similar, but I like Dowell and believe that technically he is far superior to Cantwell. The problem with Dowell is physically, he is not good enough - no speed, no strength, susceptible to injuries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

He might be recovering in hospital after the shocking tackle he faced at the weekend...

That’s a shocking tackle on poor Todd. I hope the Aberdeen player has the book thrown at him. 

The guy would a great loan signing for any championship team but then when signed permanently would do nothing.

His problems are all physical technically he is very very good. I guess the question is does he not push himself enough to get fitter or stronger or can his body not sustain the physicality required at the top level.

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

The guy would a great loan signing for any championship team but then when signed permanently would do nothing.

His problems are all physical technically he is very very good. I guess the question is does he not push himself enough to get fitter or stronger or can his body not sustain the physicality required at the top level.

i think you are right 

one of those players who is good at football but not built for it ,

Idah on the other hand is built for it just not very good 

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i think you are right 

one of those players who is good at football but not built for it ,

Idah on the other hand is built for it just not very good 

This is an amusing (and not entirely inaccurate) piece of insight! 🙂

• Like 1

Wagner doesn't like techinically good players though. Providing you're geriatric, or run around a lot, can fail to control the ball or pass to your own players, you'll be fine.

Cantwell and Dowell are way out of our league now.

Dowell is definitely a decent player but did spend a lot of time out injured.  He’s not played a lot for Rangers, I’m pretty sure initially down to being injured.

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's always blown hot or cold. Very much one of those sorts of players who will have one game in which he will look great only to then look invisible for the next ten matches. Injury issues also not helped.

I think the expression you are looking for is ‘tepid or cold’……

It's almost like people want to forget how good we were last time we won the Championship. It wasn't all Buendia and Pukki; Cantwell and Dowell were 2/3 of our first choice attacking midfielders and both are vastly superior to anyone we still have on our books. We're playing Hernandez and Fassnacht FFS. Anyone who would genuinely prefer the current incumbents has a very short memory. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It's almost like people want to forget how good we were last time we won the Championship. It wasn't all Buendia and Pukki; Cantwell and Dowell were 2/3 of our first choice attacking midfielders and both are vastly superior to anyone we still have on our books. We're playing Hernandez and Fassnacht FFS. Anyone who would genuinely prefer the current incumbents has a very short memory. 

Yeah anyone who thinks dowell is a downgrade on Hernandez and springett hasn't been watching

• Thanks 2

I'd take him back at Norwich for the simple reason that he is creative, passes the ball to a team mate and can score goals. He would be an improvement on most of what we currently have. Just shows how far we have fallen as we thought that we would be better without him. 

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s a shocking tackle on poor Todd. I hope the Aberdeen player has the book thrown at him. 

That outrageous tackle was obviously committed by the Aberdeen number 19. You can clearly see him 'blowing' towards Todd when he dribbles past him at the exact moment he dives falls over.

Fric(in disgustin behaviour by the team in red !

Although Dowell is quite injury prone, I would also certainly have him back. He is a proven Championship goal scorer and creator, and on loan at Wigan the season before we signed him, nearly kept them up.

Personally I have no sympathy for Dowell. Cantwell encouraged him to leave and join back up with him at Ibrox, he was excited about the SPL and Europe, and ended up getting relegated to the B team. Omobamidele was delighted when his move to Forest was complete so I’m sure he’s having a great time, still yet to end even make the match day squad for them in any competition.

Too many players choose to move to bigger clubs and end up wrecking their careers. If Rowe or Sara move to a PL club I think that they may do the same unless it’s a newly promoted team. Maddison’s is just about the only one I can think of whose move went well.

Are there any examples of NCFC players who have returned to the club and performed as well or better than when they left? I'm struggling to think of any.

22 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Actually, there is no way I'd want Dowell back at Carrow Road. "Average Championship player" sums him up fine.

Not sure he's even that good, more League One if you ask me.

Still, he might come in handy next season

He's absolutely bang average and oddly overrated on here.

He looked good when he had Pukki, Emi, Todd pulling players all over the shop and giving him space. Without them he looked nowhere near as good and often a bit lazy.

• Like 3