• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

It'll be one of the following;

he is being replaced at some point over the next eleven days

he isn't being replaced because we won Saturday

he isn't being replaced because Ben Knapper wants to work with him

Take yer pick

You forget

'Not being sacked as Delia gave him a hug and a call and told him how much she loves him, supports him and that all our loses are 100 percent down to injuries and have nothing to do with his team selections or tactics'

26 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

He is still here because we are "little ol Norwich"   with a tin pot board! 

Attanasio didn't get a long honeymoon...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You forget

'Not being sacked as Delia gave him a hug and a call and told him how much she loves him, supports him and that all our loses are 100 percent down to injuries and have nothing to do with his team selections or tactics'

What did you expect her to do.  Not much of a boss if she did anything else.

20 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Or.... we don't want to make too many changes at once so Wagner is staying 

Yep, Knapper will have had a transition period but I do not blame him in the slightest for taking his time and getting his own impressions of how the land lies, how the "culture" works within NCFC before starting to make changes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yep, Knapper will have had a transition period but I do not blame him in the slightest for taking his time and getting his own impressions of how the land lies, how the "culture" works within NCFC before starting to make changes.

I suspect people imagine Knapper just turning up at Colney this morning, walking around the facilities while pointing at people going, "You're fired". 

Would imagine he'll take a few days before anything happens. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

What did you expect her to do.  Not much of a boss if she did anything else.

Yes, far better when things are going badly to let someone know that they are utter crap and letting everyone down. Always works wonders.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I suspect people imagine Knapper just turning up at Colney this morning, walking around the facilities while pointing at people going, "You're fired". 

Absolutely, on both counts. It's a weak move to start throwing your weight around without being fully au fait of all the myriad little dynamics going on and how they are interwoven.

Knapper is said to be a data man. I suspect Wagner will have to quickly get on board with that, otherwise he will go reasonably quickly.

If performances on the pitch and our crazy team set up is an indicator, then our entire coaching team will go as well.

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Knapper is said to be a data man. I suspect Wagner will have to quickly get on board with that, otherwise he will go reasonably quickly.

If performances on the pitch and our crazy team set up is an indicator, then our entire coaching team will go as well.

Haven't our data people spent the last year or so in Milwaukee learning baseball data? Results so far could suggest what made Milwaukee famous...

Because Cardiff was enough of an excuse, for those who were unlikely to dismiss him at this point anyhow, to not dismiss him. Penny pinchers - who are setting us up for a dismal season and a loss to the scum next month. 

Sorry but the results this season and the tactics and subs don’t leave space for the notion that only idiots would immediately fire. I say only idiots would not recognise that the manager is out of his depth, if the new guy doesn’t want to be tarnished he needs to sack him, put his own man in place and give the club the fresh start it needs. Anyone can see that surely? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Sorry but the results this season and the tactics and subs don’t leave space for the notion that only idiots would immediately fire. I say only idiots would not recognise that the manager is out of his depth, if the new guy doesn’t want to be tarnished he needs to sack him, put his own man in place and give the club the fresh start it needs. Anyone can see that surely? 

Maybe we can ,but more importantly the board cant sadly.  

We could win the next six games in a row and I would remain unconvinced that he is good enough or suitable enough for a team aspiring to the upper reaches of the Championship and more. Far too many flaws. Strange line-ups, strange substitutions and insufficient tactical awareness can be listed amongst his failings.

His pedigree as a manager (one season at Huddersfield apart) should have set alarm bells ringing when the team went on that awful end of season run last time around. This time it has hardly improved.

I will concede that should the team now go on a winning run then he deserves a reprieve perhaps stretching up to the New Year, but I am unable to see any long-term success story for NCFC with the man in charge. He has, after all, had a fair crack at the whip, including a whole window which enabled him to forge a team to his preference. The outcome has been disturbingly similar to last season.

I believe that the players are better than their performances, and although he has most certainly not lost them he seems quite a bit short of gaining their belief.

The overall picture indicates the time for total change at the club as well. A slight if not insignificant shift in 'ownership,' the arrival of a new Director of Football and even a distinct turn for the worse in the East Anglian footballing hierarchy all suggest that the time might have come for a complete re-boot of NCFC ..... including the coach, coaching staff and quite a few of the players.

Sorry DW. Nothing personal. I am just short of belief in your ability when it comes to managing our club.  

There is no excuse what so ever his win rate as manager is terrible 

the evil stowmarket 2 are completely out of control 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Haven't our data people spent the last year or so in Milwaukee learning baseball data? Results so far could suggest what made Milwaukee famous...

I've seen no real sign of our CB's trying to launch the ball into row Z when the opposition start counter attacking!

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Would be epic though! Lol. 

28 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I've seen no real sign of our CB's trying to launch the ball into row Z when the opposition start counter attacking!

Jens Berthel Askou once hit a home run over the new Southstand!

• Haha 1

He's been trying to leave all day but, due to a combination of the 'improvements' at Colney and Wagner having the same level of skill at navigating inside of a building as he does at picking a team, he's lost; last seen heading for the Soccer Bot room. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Elon Musk style

IMG_1818.jpeg

1 hour ago, RugbyCanary said:

Would be epic though! Lol. 

Ha, maybe he could trample the vegetable patch as well, really show everyone who is in charge.

Why are you still here Dean Coneys boots? We're trying to forgot how rubbish he was and don't want to be reminded everytime you come on here moaning. 

Wagner is maybe still here because Knapper wants to find a replacement first. Or give him a chance with a few players due back from injury imminently. Who knows. 

53 minutes ago, Petriix said:

He's been trying to leave all day but, due to a combination of the 'improvements' at Colney and Wagner having the same level of skill at navigating inside of a building as he does at picking a team, he's lost; last seen heading for the Soccer Bot room. 

You’re on fire today. What have you been drinking - peppermint, lemon ginger, 3 gingers?!