CANARYKING

What do we do now ?

Celebrate the victory now,

Drink the wine from the rich man's cask,

This revolution won't be the last.

Viva la revolution 

Sack him, of course. But they won’t. He’s got a stay of execution now. Can go on another losing spree soon 

• Like 1

Enjoy the win, be happy Idah made a big impact and celebrate getting 3 points further away from relegation zone! Glad for Wagner I like him, but he’s a dead man walking! 

12 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Sack him, of course. But they won’t. He’s got a stay of execution now. Can go on another losing spree soon 

He’ll be off on Monday, see my prediction thread 

Realistically, we're only 6 points off the playoffs in mid November, so it's far from a complete disaster.
We have Barnes and *maybe* Hanley coming back hopefully after the international break and Idah and Hwang looking like slightly more of a threat the last few weeks.
There are huge issues to fix in the squad but they can only be fixed with recruitment in January - Any new manager coming in now will (a) likely not be much of an upgrade on Wagner and (b) have the exact same squad of arguably not good enough players available for the next ~10 games.
What worries me about Wagner is his stubborn refusal to change things when it's blindingly obvious they aren't working - In particular, the usual hopeless suspects at the back. Now he's been forced into making changes with Gibson out so he has no choice but to play one of Batth or Warner.

Do I think we need a new manager? Yes.
Do I think making that change now is going to help us in any way? Honestly, no.
Stick with Wagner for now, see how he and Knapper get on and if he can turn things round, and if it's not working out, give Wagner his P45 in January and bring in a new boss alongside some new signings and an actual coherent strategy for the next 3-4 seasons spearheaded by Knapper. 

Carry on the course that's been set, one swallow does not a good Saturday night make ( or something along those lines 😉 ) 

Get rid and move on to the next head coach with hopefully a little bit of momentum behind the players. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He still has to go. There was still so much of that performance that was downright dreadful.

Mostly in the first half to be fair. Once Idah came on we did seem much better..

But if I ever see Placheta at the back again I might lose it

7 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Bet he’s not. Hope you’re right 

6 minutes ago, andyc24_uk said:

Realistically, we're only 6 points off the playoffs in mid November, so it's far from a complete disaster.
We have Barnes and *maybe* Hanley coming back hopefully after the international break and Idah and Hwang looking like slightly more of a threat the last few weeks.
There are huge issues to fix in the squad but they can only be fixed with recruitment in January - Any new manager coming in now will (a) likely not be much of an upgrade on Wagner and (b) have the exact same squad of arguably not good enough players available for the next ~10 games.
What worries me about Wagner is his stubborn refusal to change things when it's blindingly obvious they aren't working - In particular, the usual hopeless suspects at the back. Now he's been forced into making changes with Gibson out so he has no choice but to play one of Batth or Warner.

Do I think we need a new manager? Yes.
Do I think making that change now is going to help us in any way? Honestly, no.
Stick with Wagner for now, see how he and Knapper get on and if he can turn things round, and if it's not working out, give Wagner his P45 in January and bring in a new boss alongside some new signings and an actual coherent strategy for the next 3-4 seasons spearheaded by Knapper. 

I don't think you can level that criticism at him today. Probably the first time for a while that his changes have actually worked.

Who knows what will happen to him and if Knapper has the guts to sack him - I suspect not, yet.

13 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

You can only dream- he not going anywhere soon

Given Wagner said he had support from Delia and Michael last week how can he now be sacked after winning away?

I'm guessing Knapper will see how things go over the next few weeks before making any decision especially as Barnes and Hanley will be available from the QPR game onwards.

Play Rowe as a striker, McLean as a centre back, never let Placheta near the team again and give Idah 30 minutes at the end of every game. Hopefully the new sporting director will see these obvious improvements from day 1. 

Knapper needs to get his feet under the desk and assess what is going on. 
To have to sack the manager and appoint a new one in his first week would not be a good way to start. 
He will have his own ideas now he is in charge and will need time to implement them. 

Really makes me laugh how people obsess about managers so much that they become so wedded to the idea of getting them sacked that they can't simply enjoy a thrilling game and a win.

Saddos.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Really makes me laugh how people obsess about managers so much that they become so wedded to the idea of getting them sacked that they can't simply enjoy a thrilling game and a win.

Saddos.

Never mind fixating on what they drink tea out of.