KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Cardiff V Norwich****

17 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I’m not insulting you, just giving you some friendly advice 

Italian style?

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

He has previously said himself that he is not a defensive midfielder, and it is obvious to all.

This boy doesn't seem to have come on much at all under the present management. He's been in and out of the starting eleven with appalling consistency, like a few others, and he has been frequently misused.

There was much hype surrounding his arrival, particularly as that source was from Binland, where he was held in very high regard. He was considered a prize capture for us. A feather in our cap.

I had initially expected him to be a constant on the team -sheet by now. That his progress seems to have stalled may well be due to false promise, but I suspect more that it has something to do with the inconsistencies of the present management.

He may not see himself as a defensive midfielder but in his previous stint as the deep-lying metronomic player in midfield he did better than Sara or McLean does. At the chaotic point we find ourselves at, I'd give it a go to at least try and stop shipping goals (though I feel the tactics need to change a bit also)

I think Gibbs has suffered mainly from A, changing coaches and B, a lack of a clear plan for him. Under Smith he was part of a midfield 3, he then was played as a deeper defensive player, hes been in as an 8 but seems we've been pushing him as a 10/ second striker this year. I think the latter is down to being wedded to the two currently in centre mid and trying to fit practical minutes in elsewhere for him.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

A sliding doors game for Wagner...maybe?

If he gets a point, this board will then use the next 2 weeks to hope the noise dies down, after which we have a home game vs QPR ,where he will maybe have Gunn Hanley and Barnes back

..lose today and with a new sporting director starting on Monday , 'surely' he will be relieved of his post and a new manager will be appointed within the next fortnight

It is ridiculous that this is still being said (not having a go at you that is no doubt how the board thinks). He’s a nice guy but he’s a fundamentally flawed manager who has been exposed and should have been gone two weeks ago. We will not succeed with him as coach unless he completely changes his set up and way of playing . No sliding doors. It’s done regardless of what happens today.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will you ever let someone else make a match thread?

Anyone else see a crying, pleading child in their imagination? 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Anyone else see a crying, pleading child in their imagination? 😂

It’s all about MEEEEEEEEEEEE! 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It is ridiculous that this is still being said (not having a go at you that is no doubt how the board thinks). He’s a nice guy but he’s a fundamentally flawed manager who has been exposed and should have been gone two weeks ago. We will not succeed with him as coach unless he completely changes his set up and way of playing . No sliding doors. It’s done regardless of what happens today.

...you'd think so

At any other club , after that performance last weekend, he'd have been sacked by Monday morning and wouldnt be anywhere near this game today

...however I get the feeling that this board just dont want to sack him and will take the slightest encouraging sign to not have to

...its a convenient 2 weeks coming up where instead of acting, they will see it as an opportunity to hide and try to ride out the storm

Didn't realise Cardiff were in such good form.

Hoping for 3 points but based on not very much substance.

I will wait until I see the team sheet before I make any predictions. I’m assuming it has to be Warner and Batth as CB so hopefully that will be an improvement on what we’ve seen the past 8 or 9 games. 

38 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I will wait until I see the team sheet before I make any predictions. I’m assuming it has to be Warner and Batth as CB so hopefully that will be an improvement on what we’ve seen the past 8 or 9 games. 

Presumably Hanley has travelled since he wasn’t with the U21s last night 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Worth remembering Coventry and Middlesbrough got to the play-offs after iffy starts. Sunderland finished 6th on 69 pts.

Not saying we'll be near the play-offs but never say never. Most important thing is 3 pts today.

Absolutely, there are so many points to play for that if whoever is manager can get things to click then 6th is achievable. Getting injured players back a d keeping them fit will obviously help plus one or twonew faces in January if it can be done.

I can't see any other scenario than this being DW's last game, Knapper wouldn't be starting early otherwise IMO.

Plenty still to play for that's why i think Wagner should of been Sacked and Hopefully a New Face and voice could of got 3pts before Break ,

With Wagner i expect the same performance 

I've not been back on here too long so I may have missed it, why does it matter who starts the match thread? Is there a cash prize?

Anyway, as for the match, I have a horrible feeling it's going to be Plymouth-esque today.

7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Anyone know what countries this match is available in on video on canaries.co.uk.

They're really taking the michael now. Absolute waste of money.

Not available in Australia as its being shown on Bein Sports I believe. 

• Like 1

I am not feeling too confident but I am hoping for a decent performance and some improvement in the defence.

Could today be the start of our long road to recovery? Unlikely, but football is a funny old game (as Jimmy Greaves used to say back in the day 😉).

OTBC 

28 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Anyone know what countries this match is available in on video on canaries.co.uk.

They're really taking the michael now. Absolute waste of money.

My cousin in Thailand always gets it to work

How do people know which pub to go to for a prematch tipple. I have used football grounds guide website and not for the 1st time am I sat without a fellow norwich fan in sight.

Maybe some in the know can post on the match threads where decent pubs are for each game.

I think we will see today if the players are playing for him or not. 2nd half against Sunderland and most of the game last week suggested his time is up, but we might get a reaction today. Confidence and belief is fragile though, and we badly need a leader on the pitch.

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think we will see today if the players are playing for him or not. 2nd half against Sunderland and most of the game last week suggested his time is up, but we might get a reaction today. Confidence and belief is fragile though, and we badly need a leader on the pitch.

Will we see him admitting what he has been doing since Sarge was injured does not work.

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...you'd think so

At any other club , after that performance last weekend, he'd have been sacked by Monday morning and wouldnt be anywhere near this game today

...however I get the feeling that this board just dont want to sack him and will take the slightest encouraging sign to not have to

...its a convenient 2 weeks coming up where instead of acting, they will see it as an opportunity to hide and try to ride out the storm

Why would any sane supporter want this team anywhere near the EPL? The outcome would be a disaster of epic proportions.

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

F-qGuBcXoAAdgOk.thumb.jpg.75cfb258034369fcff99101faaf2408f.jpg

Placheta LB , surely not , or  am i reading this wrong ?

And Sainz benched again !!!!

Edited by Wibble

1 minute ago, Wibble said:

Placheta LB , surely not , or  am i reading this wrong ?

You are reading it right. 

Mental. The midfield is clearly the problem and has been for as long as we can remember. So, let's roll with pretty much the same midfield and, er, change the fullbacks!? 

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

You are reading it right. 

FFS, he had one last chance to get it right. No doubt Sara will be almost on our own goalline