Hwang imo was a strange signing, "if" he was our main target, once Sarg was injured.

Why go for a player who hasn't played a game in england, and who will take take to adjust and get up to speed, when there were many other targets who could fit in much quicker.

To be fair to Hwang I suspect we were looking to integrate him more gradually, but Barnes injury has fast-tracked him into 1st 11. One hopes he'll improve with more time and gets used to the way we play.

Did we get him on a season loan, or just until Jan? 

7 hours ago, AJ said:

I've yet to see anything from Hwang to suggest he was worth signing. He's shown nothing more than the odd glimpse that makes him no better than Placheta or Tzolis

At least he can prepare a decent meal for them even if he’s no good at football 

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Hwang imo was a strange signing, "if" he was our main target, once Sarg was injured.

Why go for a player who hasn't played a game in england, and who will take take to adjust and get up to speed, when there were many other targets who could fit in much quicker.

To be fair to Hwang I suspect we were looking to integrate him more gradually, but Barnes injury has fast-tracked him into 1st 11. One hopes he'll improve with more time and gets used to the way we play.

Did we get him on a season loan, or just until Jan? 

Season 

Why? Why would you loan a guy who hasn't played a single non-friendly game of football in the UK, who was a total failure on loan at Olympiacos, and who Forest seem to have looked at and given a big thumbs down?

Plus someone who is under the shadow of an investigation for gaslighting women. Remember we are a family club and we have rainbow laces and anti-sexist slogans and Zoe tells us what words we may and may not use when we are in Carrow Road. Is hypocrisy too strong a word?

Is there any DoF or manager in the Championship with a million quid or so to spend who would have spaffed it on this guy?

Just get out of our club, Webber. Not tomorrow, not next month, not March, but now. Just p*ss off and let us pick up the pieces of the mess that you have left us on the pitch.

Like Rick and Ilsa in Casablanca, we'll always have Soccerbot.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i would like to see a Under 23 striker on the bench ,

we had 2 players who could play LB but no striker option ,

you just never know with young players some play with no fear 

not that it would have helped yesterday but better than playing a player who is not ours and not played football of note for ages 

I bet if we played the under 23’s at Plymouth we wouldn’t of lost 6-2 

• Like 2

I’m surprised we’ve not had one person come out and say he’s our new Scapegoat then again an escaped goat would offer more up front than Hwang!

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Just get out of our club, Webber. Not tomorrow, not next month, not March, but now. Just p*ss off and let us pick up the pieces of the mess that you have left us on the pitch.

Well said that man and as i said yesterday he is hanging around like a bad smell.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well said that man and as i said yesterday he is hanging around like a bad smell.

Didn’t he climb another pointless mountain recently?

the whole CEO “climb big mountains” thing is so basic, honestly. 

Let’s face it, the guy is a right idiot.

when you see Whitaker who cost Plymouth 1 million and is only 22 have such a good game 

makes you wonder why we loan such players like Hwang 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Because it was cheap.  

12 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Just think - we effectively exchanged Bali Mumba for Hwang.

I know Mumba has his limitations defensively but at least he has big positives, too.

He defended well Saturday…. When he had too… But he would be a right handful as a winger and probably better defensively than Rowe and Fassnacht!   

As for Hwang, rather give him back and bring Kamara back from Portsmouth!    

Edited by ged in the onion bag

He's probably the best we could have got very last minute. He's a very good technical player. His recent goal against Brazil proves that, but he needs a strong hold up player alongside him. He also needs time to settle and unfortunately we don't have time now. Ultimately, his recruitment is either going to be an utter masterclass or a complete and utter fail. There won't be an inbetween

Like Michael Starr has stated, he needs time to adjust rather than being written off by our fanbase straight away. I appreciate we cant afford that luxury, so hopefully he can get up to speed quickly.

On 23/09/2023 at 21:56, Google Bot said:

He's got some talent there, and better than not getting anyone.  However, to get the best from him we need to play him more as a Pukki type I think.

I met a Korean man recently that barely spoke any English, when I mentioned I’m a Norwich fan he got excited saying that we have the second best Korean player behind Son.

I think he will come good, but as you say the Pukki role is probably where he will show his best. It’s quite early to be writing him off.

On 24/09/2023 at 19:53, The Real Buh said:

Didn’t he climb another pointless mountain recently?

the whole CEO “climb big mountains” thing is so basic, honestly. 

Let’s face it, the guy is a right idiot.

Is a pointless mountain just a very big hill?

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

He's probably the best we could have got very last minute. He's a very good technical player. His recent goal against Brazil proves that, but he needs a strong hold up player alongside him. He also needs time to settle and unfortunately we don't have time now. Ultimately, his recruitment is either going to be an utter masterclass or a complete and utter fail. There won't be an inbetween

Good post. It was only very last minute, of course, because we wanted Hwang specifically. We could have gone for a safer option  and done the deal earlier. Kiefer Moore, for example, was available. But apparently the almost philosophical argument was that Hwang was the closest to Sargent in terms of style and pressing etc.

But i wonder if that rather missed the point of the moment. That out of Sargent, Idah and Barnes, Sargent is easily the most prolific goalscorer. So we should have forgotten about stylistic similarity and gone for someone who would put the ball in the back of the net.

On Hwang I think the choice was a replacement who we knew wasn’t good enough was Lowe from Swansea mentioned or taking a punt on someone who might be able to cut it. We choose the later. 

FFS he's hardly played.

He definitely has a touch of class about him. He may well not 'fit' with us, but I'm going to give him some time first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, For the future said:

When is Stuart Webber leaving as bringing in the players that can not play in the championship.

Only 5 month’s maximum to suffer his presence here. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Only 5 month’s maximum to suffer his presence here. 

If he doesn't withdraw his resignation 'because I wouldn't let Delia and Michael down'. (Nothing to do with the fact that no one else wants him, of course.)

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

If he doesn't withdraw his resignation 'because I wouldn't let Delia and Michael down'. (Nothing to do with the fact that no one else wants him, of course.)

Maybe Chelsea will headhunt him (again)