Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

55 years !

45 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I've been supporting Norwich City for 55years  !!

Well done! Which was your first game? 

Mine was Bristol City around the same time as you. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

I like this thread, makes me feel young.

Just the 32 years for me since my dad took me to my first game and I fell in love with it.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Has he found the elixir of life?

I found it when I was moved out to pasture in 'The Blankets'.

40 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

51 for me, first game v Everton 1972 after winning the league,  seen all the ****e seasons & the best, hopefully a few more good ones to come too 💛💚

That was my first game too 

• Like 1

Mine was also Everton, but it was August 1992. Everton went 1-0 up and I moaned that I wanted to go home, but 10 minutes later Ruel Fox equalised and my old man said "do you still want to go home?" to which I answered a firm "No!".

55 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I found it when I was moved out to pasture in 'The Blankets'.

I thought for a moment you were going to say ' The Bowthorpe '.

54 for me, 1969, but none of my family nor me can remember the game! Which I understand was typical of Lol Morgan's period of management! 😀 

Edited by shefcanary
Not LOL!

48 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Anybody beat 70 ?

I believe there are one or two still about. I think Vos is one and also Myra Hawtree.There maybe others.

Its interesting that people remember their first game. In all honesty I can't remember who mine was against or even the exact date. I am sure it was 1953 because my grandfather had just passed away and I was in my grandmothers garden in King Street one Saturday afternoon. I heard the sound of cheering and wandered off down King Street to Carrow Rd. Russell Allison was just opening those big green gates so it must have been mid way through the second half. Along with several other curious souls and a few that couldn't afford the entry, I just wandered in to see what it was all about

And the rest is history.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 seasons....1980/81

Bizarre to think that I've witnessed roughly half of the games ever played at Carrow Rd

...claim to fame remains that I was the matchday mascot vs QPR in Oct ' 84, the Saturday after the Main Stand was burnt down...

First match remembered was Rd One FA Cup 1958 v Ilford but as a regular along with my best mate, Canaryking, 62 years ago, saw every match that first season back in the old 2nd Division.

38 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Good god - 41 years - where has that gone

82 was my first live game so the same.👍

• Like 1

I vaguely remember being thrust forward onto the “chicken run” in front of the main stand in I guess 1960. I do know that Derrick Lythgoe was playing but I have no idea who the opposition was. Clearest memory was away at PNE, the family was on holiday in the Pennines somewhere and Dad thought it would be fun to drive over to Preston for the match. I think we drew 2-2 and remember the quicksilver inside forward Jim Oliver was up front, May be with the bullet headed Conway? This was either 1961 or 62. So 60+ years a fan.

• Like 1