I thought it should have been at least s booking, if not a red card, the goalkeeper had no chance of getting the ball and literally jumped on the back of sargent as he went for the ball, forcing him into a heavy landing with the weight of two people on his ankle. If that was in the street it would be assault.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I thought it should have been at least s booking, if not a red card, the goalkeeper had no chance of getting the ball and literally jumped on the back of sargent as he went for the ball, forcing him into a heavy landing with the weight of two people on his ankle. If that was in the street it would be assault.

If it was in the street it would be really weird. 

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

If it was in the street it would be really weird. 

Been a while since your last early hours jaunt down Prince of Wales?!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Been a while since your last early hours jaunt down Prince of Wales?!

I’ve seen much much worse down that strip on a Saturday go un-arrested with onlooking fuzz. Don’t blame them, hopefully the morons maim each other enough to prevent reproduction 😂

3 hours ago, chicken said:

Idah now has 2 in 4 league games doesn't he? Same as Sargent isn't it?

Barnes also has two now. Rowe has 5.

Others are already chipping in too. 

Rowe could be pushed further forward.

Sarge has got 3. 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Also amazing how Sargent has gone from a flop to indispensable. 

Apart from that Leicester miss which clearly dented his confidence, Sarge has never really been a "flop" when played in his actual position. 

Shall we play Gunn at Left Back and see if he's a flop too?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AJ said:

Apart from that Leicester miss which clearly dented his confidence, Sarge has never really been a "flop" when played in his actual position. 

Shall we play Gunn at Left Back and see if he's a flop too?

Well Angus did used to play as an outfield player for Loddon Grasshoppers, might be worth a go at left back [Smiley Face].........

21 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Well Angus did used to play as an outfield player for Loddon Grasshoppers, might be worth a go at left back [Smiley Face].........

London Grasshoppers ? .......aren't they a cricket team ? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

London Grasshoppers ? .......aren't they a cricket team ? 

Loddon not London. 

You don't help yourself do you.....

• Haha 1

Idah has still not shown anything that suggests he could cover for Sgt, and Wagner knows it. Apart from an excellent cross for Rowe to score and an almost free hit, he did not do much, again.  Rowe has shown he can score. We hit three without Sgt. There is only the one league game for the next three weeks and that is against Rotherham. Time enough for Sgt to be fit ?

The way we are playing it just needs someone to get on the end of a cross (as with Rowe) and bang, in she goes. So the thought is we do not necessarily need another striker, we need players who can get into the box at the right time.

As with Fassnacht -

40 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I played for grasshoppers too before the dizzy heights of Loddon Utd for a year. Not sure it’s the best measure of second tier English footballing standards 😂

26 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I played for grasshoppers too before the dizzy heights of Loddon Utd for a year. Not sure it’s the best measure of second tier English footballing standards 😂

You are right, the Grasshoppers are way better [Two smiley faces]............

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Idah's big chance I suppose, and he did well today, but he's not the Sarg by any stretch of the imagination.  

Sarg wasn’t Sarg until he had some playing time under his belt.

54 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Idah has still not shown anything that suggests he could cover for Sgt, and Wagner knows it.

1. Don't call him Sgt. He's not in the army. Show some respect.

2. Idah scored a goal and got an assist today. He's scored twice this season despite not starting yet. There's strikers out there who would kill to have scored two in four - and that includes starters.

Honestly, you are a right nubbins sometimes. 

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If that was in the street it would be assault.

Yes, but a lot of things that are seen as ‘fair’ in football would also be deemed assault on the street.

If I slide tackled a pensioner down Gentleman’s Walk I’m fairly sure I would not under any circumstance be let off by the policeman, even if I insisted I had won the ball first.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wagner always downplays the prospect of incoming transfers. As has been said many times before you don't tell potential sellers that you need to buy.

That said I'd expect a loan if anything happens.

2 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yes, but a lot of things that are seen as ‘fair’ in football would also be deemed assault on the street.

If I slide tackled a pensioner down Gentleman’s Walk I’m fairly sure I would not under any circumstance be let off by the policeman, even if I insisted I had won the ball first.

Let me know when you're going to try. I'd like to watch that. And I'm prepared to say in court that you clearly got the ball. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Let me know when you're going to try. I'd like to watch that. And I'm prepared to say in court that you clearly got the ball. 

Watch the line though.  Easy to stray offside in the Walk

• Haha 1

I find it hard to believe it’s that serious given how he was wandering around the pitch laughing and joking at the final whistle. Wonder if it suits Wagner for people to think it’s more serious than it is for the next week or so given the transfer attention he’s attracted. 

• Like 1

It’s the aerial threat we would miss most, two of Sarg’s three goals were headers, particularly as we are now getting crosses in under Wagner.

Hopefully it’s just Wagner trying to put off any possible transfer and it’s just a couple of weeks.

Don't worry lads and ladies. I've just seen on Twitter the ideal solution to our injury problem.

Your favourite moody Portuguese striker and mine Nelson Oliviera is still a free agent. How this lad is still available is beyond me. 32 games, 7 goals and 1 assist for PAOK last season at the tender young age of 32.

We should be snapping him up immediately. 

22 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Don't worry lads and ladies. I've just seen on Twitter the ideal solution to our injury problem.

Your favourite moody Portuguese striker and mine Nelson Oliviera is still a free agent. How this lad is still available is beyond me. 32 games, 7 goals and 1 assist for PAOK last season at the tender young age of 32.

Hahaha I saw that last week and was going to suggest it for laughs. Why don't we get him AND Alfredo Morelos? :classic_laugh:

54 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Heh, if we're going to go to Thessaloniki to pick up old players shall we get Lukas Rupp back from Aris as well? 😉

We have the EFL Cup game and then Rotherham away before the international break. 

Sargent might well have been rested for the former, whilst the Rotherham fixture should, in theory be one of the easier away games of the season.

This is fortunate.

If Sargent's injury is not as serious as we fear then time will be on his side.

It gives Idah a chance to establish himself in two games, one not of the greatest importance and the other considered easier.

Most importantly, it gives the manager breathing space to assess options, although I am unsure of the rules regarding signings once the window closes ... can we still sign free agents for example.

Perhaps this possibility should have been covered before now. There were enough posters on here expressing the need for another striker. Perhaps one is in the pipeline.

We cannot expect to keep this run going if totally reliant upon Idah and Barnes as twin strikers. I don't know what Wagner is talking about, unless he has a change of tactics in mind and reverts to one, having anticipated the worst.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

18 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well he walked on the pitch at the end in a protective boot. 

You would guess ligament damage. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he isn't out for a few weeks.

The good news is nobody will buy him now and there are still 5 days left of the transfer window to spend the Aarons and Rashica money!

And Maddison money

Any striker with anything about him will not be available on a free, expecially in last week of window.  Loan only option for replacement signing but it is still getting late.  May get a promising youngster or journeyman from lower league, but expect to see Sargent miss a couple of weeks hopefully just a few.  But Wagner thinking we could get by on 3 strikers and CB's could prove to be a farcical decision.  Sargent injury unlikely to be diagnosed until later in this week, so gives even less time to secure possible recruit.

Nothing in Academy to give any comfort.

I suspect we'll just push Barnes up top with Idah off the bench...and then push someone else into the no.10 role.

There are a few options, we could push Sara further forward, and then bring in Nunez or Forshaw into midfield, depending on the opposition. We could play Nunez himself there. 

I also think Fassnacht could look quite good more centrally, opening up a place for the returning Sainz

• Like 1