Crabbycanary3

So, what position do you think we'll finish?

Come on guy & gal's every knows the Binners are gonna walk this league it's everywhere on social media 😂

So it won't be us 1st .... but "Real 1p5wich" 

On a serious note 6th / 7th? 

• Haha 1

13th

Head says 8th

Heart says 13th

I'm just not feeling it with this squad. Not enough firepower and a period of transition required before it starts to click. I'll be happy if we're in the top half. 

Went for 6th-8th last year, and was pretty happy with that prediction until we collapsed in the last part of the season.

Going to go for 8th this year. Or, to put it another way, will be delighted if we do better than that.

Edited by Robert N. LiM

I'm much happier with this squad than last year. Much more workman like and no overhyped players. All have something to prove amd hopefully the team this season and its character will when settled be greater than the sum of its parts.

Challenging the autos so top 6.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm much happier with this squad than last year. Much more workman like and no overhyped players. All have something to prove amd hopefully the team this season and its character will when settled be greater than the sum of its parts.

Challenging the autos so top 6.

The trouble is we need professional footballers not workmen. They're not digging up the road (I hope). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably the least predictable league we've ever seen. Could be anybody, anywhere and that means some big names could be going down and unlikely ones going up.

Us? Could finish literally anywhere, from top to bottom. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Probably the least predictable league we've ever seen. Could be anybody, anywhere and that means some big names could be going down and unlikely ones going up.

Us? Could finish literally anywhere, from top to bottom. 

That's the sort of insight this thread needed, cheers Lakey 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yeah, right, but really how can anyone predict the unpredictable? 🤔

It's not really predictions, just gut feelings. 😉 

The signings and the pre-season have been satisfactory enough to dispel doubts of mid-table mediocrity in my mind.

I'm thinking top six may not actually be over optimistic, but automatics would. There won't be much in it with a cluster of teams battling for those play-off places. We have pretty good strength in depth already, imo, and perhaps there might be more incoming, despite the manager's utterance. This will be valuable in a close run league with a long season and extra subs on the menu. 

3 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

It's not really predictions, just gut feelings. 😉 

I guess so, but my gut feelings are that it's wide open this season. Maybe I should just stay off prediction threads 😁

Can’t see us winning automatic promotion with Leeds, Southampton, and Leicester in the league but I think the new signings have certainly looked an improvement on last season’s squad. As a result of that I believe we will be contenders for the playoffs this season and if we miss out, it won’t be by much

Impossible to say after last season. We were top of the league at one point but equally looked every bit as good to be in the bottom 3 at others.

We don't look relegation material but at this moment in time, based on what little I've seen of pre-season, we don't look as though we will be scoring for fun either. It isn't going to be Farkeball, I hope fans realise and accept that.

A fair wind with injuries and we could trouble the play-offs, but it feels a bit mid-table at the moment.

If we've managed to shake off the mental fragility that has plagued us over the last couple of seasons we'll finish in the top 6. Knowing the Championship it won't be long before that is put to the test.

Beginning to think with a fair wind and not too many injuries to key players, we could be in the play-off mixer. Southampton away is going to be an early litmus test. A strong performance there could get the confidence going.