Crabbycanary3

So, what position do you think we'll finish?

I have no idea.

I've only seen one pre-season game - today. And that only lasted 55 minutes, before both teams subbed most of their starting XI.

We looked more compact and solid, defensively. Compared to last season, anyway.

But we lacked creativity going forward. Goals may come at a premium this season.

19 minutes ago, city4eva said:

12th , 6 places below Ipswich

Wasn't a poll on where the binners would finish but that you felt the need to declare it speaks volumes.. 

Should another question be Where do you think we should finish to call this season a success?

Surely play offs? Or top 10?

No idea, Lakey got it  spot on, no one can predict the unpredictable. For me position at end season is just so far away right now and much less important than a few other factors. First up its us fans that need to be patient as heck, starting with even the 1st game, Hull are as likely to beat us as we are them, so one defeat and the forums go into auto DW out..dont need that.

Also to some awkward fixtures...2 against  the southern mob who seem as if they think its their time...2 against a team led by  the former  beloved Daniel..but as fans..whatever the results of those games..we have to get thru them and stick with Wagner, even if he is on a rolling contract...we got thru Alex Neil returning leading out another side.

Another month of the transfer window to...seems the onus is on the outs before we need anymore ins. More than anything just want to see  some wins at home...last season was just so painful at the Carra..then see where that takes us.

No idea, we have made some decent additions but we don’t look anywhere near the finished article to me.

Also lots of players hanging around clearly unwanted for next year. Not enough new blood IMO. Still a long way to go in this window and how that goes will likely define the season I think.

On 27/07/2023 at 13:14, Branston Pickle said:

Hang on, you said 16th the other day?  I think that’s called hedging your bets - I dare say you’ll come up with 8th somewhere else so you have more bases covered.

Edit, I never gave my reply - somewhere in the range 5th-8th. Either just inside or outside the playoffs.

Yes I agree with you Branston. Of course if Deano continues that progression after 16 11 and 6 comes 1. Its going to be a whole different ball game this year. Wagner has more or less got the players he wants.

On 27/07/2023 at 06:04, cambridgeshire canary said:

Somehwere between 1st and 24th

I don't think there's a hedge bid enough for that bet! 😉

initially I was thinking 16th to 20th but now we have Stacey, Barnes and Duffy we have strengthen the spine of the team and will be at least harder to beat. I'm surprised we picked up players the calibre of those three but why stop there ? Webber for once was on a "roll" - we still lack a solid DM and CM - don't want to see the goals dry up like the end of last season. Without bringing in decent loanees we lack the depth in the squad to challenge top 6 - but windows not closed yet !

I see a lot are basing their opinions on the tail end of our season where we had key players injured and players who didn’t want to be here 

that said it’s difficult to say if wagners tougher preseason and more robust signings are going to have a positive or negative impact I guess