cambridgeshire canary

Anyone else having a tough time being excited?

Beacause I get the feeling this is going to be a long season ahead. Of course,I would love to be able to do some classic lakey style happy clapping about how all will be fine and I do hope that it will be yet even he seems to be a bit down right now which says it all. An awful home kit, Shortage of centrebacks, new arrivals turning up injured, selling one of only a few players I was looking forward to seeing play (Mumba) for peanuts, a failure to bother signing a defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder despite our obvious issues with both positions that has become our undoing.. Nevermind Sara missing in action along with a manager who seems happy to play players out of position and that we are coming off of a season which ended with just one win in ten.

I hate being negative. I wish I could feel better. I wish I could hold hands and start signing things can only get better but honestly the truth is I am starting to worry just a little bit.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Beacause I get the feeling this is going to be a long season ahead. Of course,I would love to be able to do some classic lakey style happy clapping about how all will be fine and I do hope that it will be yet even he seems to be a bit down right now which says it all. An awful home kit, Shortage of centrebacks, new arrivals turning up injured, selling one of only a few players I was looking forward to seeing play (Mumba) for peanuts, a failure to bother signing a defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder despite our obvious issues with both positions that has become our undoing.. Nevermind Sara missing in action along with a manager who seems happy to play players out of position and that we are coming off of a season which ended with just one win in ten.

I hate being negative. I wish I could feel better. I wish I could hold hands and start signing things can only get better but honestly the truth is I am starting to worry just a little bit.

Cheer up lad, we might announce another free transfer signing very soon. 

We're more likely to be relegated than promoted. Not saying that will happen, mind; bottom half mediocrity is more likely. But there's a gnat's chance in a supernova that this bunch are going to get promoted. 

The recruitment/player retention strategy seems to be to let the best/proven players leave and replace them with (at best) unknowns. The squad has been destroyed by successive iterations of this. As for the manager, most clubs would have fired him by now. The trajectory is only in one direction. 

It's almost like we got promoted twice and someone just pissed all the proceeds up the wall. What a **** show.

• Like 2

Can't wait for the start of the season and to walk into Carrow Road for the first time this summer. It might be a dreadful season as many are predicting, but many of them predicted it in Farke's first title win season. They predicted in when they ripped up season tickets in front of Bryan Gunn etc etc.

No-one knows, that's the reality. I like that. 

• Like 5

I will admit that I am, and it saddens me. Hopefully the spark will return when Wagner finally kick starts that high tempo football we saw at carrow road when he was Huddersfield’s boss.

That first rendition of on the ball city normally brings it on. I’m banking on it.

Not even "Hope I'm wrong" anymore...

We're DOOMED :classic_sad:

Edited by nutty nigel
🔮😩😢😭
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't wait either, maybe if you don't go to matches there's less excitement, but I'm really looking forward to having a beer, seeing a few of the regulars and getting in the ground, seeing that lovely green pitch and just taking in the atmosphere in.

That buzz of opening day is great.  There's so many players i'm looking forward to seeing as well, Barnes coming over to the Barclay, seeing Kenny back, Sara hopefully progressing, seeing Stacey in person, want to see how big Duffy is, curious who's running wide and if they can step up.  Sarge as our man up front I'm really keen on seeing.

There's just so much to look forward to, and questions that we'll see answers to in the games that unravel.

That now said, it'll probably **** down on the opening day, beer will be off, and we'll lose to a **** last minute goal! :classic_angry: lol   

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 3

We suddenly feel more like a QPR, Birmingham or Reading than a Middlesbrough or Bournemouth- really disappointing and anyone who denies we are regressing at pace is blind. 

• Like 5

Get a bigger TV. You'll get greater insight to the game and that will make it more exciting. If you really want to up the ante you could move to Norway.

• Haha 3

I'll be excited as I'll be wondering if we are beginning to see a fitter, faster, sharper Norwich City in the vein I expected when Wagner had the job of basically going full circle from Smith/Shakespeare's more relaxed reign. I do think it'll be exciting to see if Barnes and Sargent become a potent attacking partnership that help get the rest of the team up the field and be more compact.

I also think we seem to have a bit more physicality with Barnes and Sargent up there, and with Stacey instead of Aarons. A fully acclimatised Sara should be a powerful, capable player at this level and more pertinently, more consistent too. At times, I felt we were a bit too nice to play against in the absence of having such a refined technical game to push teams back.

Basically, I want to see more sustained evidence that we can push hard, and fight harder when we have to. We won't know that until a bit into the season and a lot can change until then.

• Like 1

The only hope I muster is that we are lining up some promising signings and that someone gets more out of this squad than I anticipate. Farke / Smith / Wagner have failed to do so with many of them - and I very much doubt Wagner will change that now. So the next anticipation will likely come if we give Wagner the boot. But by then the season will be the inevitable write- off anyhow 

Yeah I get you CC 

initially we were making some decent signings on paper but it’s dried up in recent weeks and left me feeling a bit meh 

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

The only hope I muster is that we are lining up some promising signings and that someone gets more out of this squad than I anticipate. Farke / Smith / Wagner have failed to do so with many of them - and I very much doubt Wagner will change that now. So the next anticipation will likely come if we give Wagner the boot. But by then the season will be the inevitable write- off anyhow 

I was a bit indifferent about the season but today's news that we've got £1M plus add-ons for a squad player has me super pumped.

• Haha 3

I'm excited actually, more so than last year with Smith. The evidence from pre-season is that we will be difficult to beat, Barnes and Sargent will be a handful. Wagner is set on a set up without a CDM, which is fine given how the team currently seem better prepared to keep the opposition out now. With Sara and Sainz to come back to provide a bit more creativity, we are just one other option short for a creative spark.

Plus the weather is ****, its more like football weather than music festival or cricket weather, so I can't wait for the season to start. 

48 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Get a bigger TV. You'll get greater insight to the game and that will make it more exciting. If you really want to up the ante you could move to Norway.

This is the kind of niche content I come on here for.

• Like 1

Why do you get excited about first days of the season.  Norwich have an appaling first day record.   I shall be going with little anticipation of being entertained or seeing too many positive results.  I may become interested once we decide to get rid of Wagner and Webber has left the building which is taking an eternity.  The rebuild is underwhelming and fails to inspire any good feelings for  this season.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Some very good points made but you forgot going in to season with only 3 strikers and one of them is Adam Idah , this concerns me greatly!

Just now, Canary dwarf said:

Some very good points made but you forgot going in to season with only 3 strikers and one of them is Adam Idah , this concerns me greatly!

Why be concerned? We have Idah for five years. I'm sure he will score.. uh.. Probably like three or four goals in that time!

Last season was depressing, this season could be even worse 

Manager doesn’t inspire me 

B.O. D living in the past

Bit like Norwich City Council waste of space

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The great thing about football and sport in general is you never know. The season I was most negative about before a ball kicked was 18/19 then look what happened.

Worst loan signing I have seen was Harry Kane.

Blimey, it rains for a week and the doomsayers all come out. Nothing has happened to justify all this negativity. If we repeat last season then I will be as vociferous as anyone but before a ball is kicked in anger there is talk of relegation. Do some of you only smile at tragedy?

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Can't wait for the start of the season and to walk into Carrow Road for the first time this summer. It might be a dreadful season as many are predicting, but many of them predicted it in Farke's first title win season. They predicted in when they ripped up season tickets in front of Bryan Gunn etc etc.

No-one knows, that's the reality. I like that. 

Yes you are right Hog we can pick the bones out of the squad unto the cows come home ,

we will never know until it happens , a lot of questions will be answered this season ,

i will be very interested in Wagner to see if he really is the man after writing him off for so long 

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We desperately need someone who can put the ball in the net - Pre-season has given us one goal from Sargent - None from Idah (no surprise) and looks like we having to rely on Ashley Barnes which I would not hold my breath on for a full season - so yes I am concerned