16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fair enough, fatter than me then. 

The typing, not bowing.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

All this clamour and belief that a new Webber and new Owners would suddenly take us from 2 title winning championships to consistent Premier League success must look so hilariously misguided to the outside world. And to a decent proportion of people on here.

Really? Most non-Norwich football fans I speak to can't believe Webber is still in his post after the second Premier League debacle and his patent failure in appointing Smith and, as things stand, failure in appointing Wagner.

Look at Leeds, it's bizarre that he's being linked with them given the fact that his equivalent there was essentially forced out (yes, I know it was "mutual consent", but please) and he actually achieved survival in the EPL. Twice.

And I don't think anyone is expecting a new SD and new owners to suddenly establish us in the Premier League. I do think they're expecting that it will make us better than 13th in the Championship and ensure we don't have to sit through another 450 minutes plus of football at Carrow Road without seeing us score a single ****ing goal.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Really? Most non-Norwich football fans I speak to can't believe Webber is still in his post after the second Premier League debacle and his patent failure in appointing Smith and, as things stand, failure in appointing Wagner.

Look at Leeds, it's bizarre that he's being linked with them given the fact that his equivalent there was essentially forced out (yes, I know it was "mutual consent", but please) and he actually achieved survival in the EPL. Twice.

And I don't think anyone is expecting a new SD and new owners to suddenly establish us in the Premier League. I do think they're expecting that it will make us better than 13th in the Championship and ensure we don't have to sit through another 450 minutes plus of football at Carrow Road without seeing us score a single ****ing goal.

Good luck with that post knocking off a build up of Webber’s left overs off Hoggy’s nose. 

18 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Hoggy’s been caught out in his vociferous defence of Webber post interview when in fact he already knew he wanted to leave. Watch how the argument twists and dont fall for the straw man.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

We have zero evidence they have actually agreed to do that 

A while back there was some news that they were going to create some more shares that would reduce their stake to about 40% so although they would still have the largest stake, they would no longer be majority shareholders

Edited by HazzaJet

11 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

A while back there was some news that they were going to create some more shares that would reduce their stake to about 40% so although they would still have the largest stake, they would no longer be majority shareholders

An inferred stepping stone but not a likely end position for any significant time period surely.

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Who is doing this “linking”? Media outlets. I don’t see why it’s any different to a rumour that one of our players is being looked at by another club. We don’t drop them if that happens. But it’s Webber so it must be bad, boo etc.

Players arent responsible for making signings which affect the whole club

I think you'll be able to understand the difference

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Players arent respinsible for making signings which affect the whole club

I think you'll be able to understand difference

So you’re suggesting that if there’s media speculation about a sporting director moving to another club, they ought to be sacked?

9 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

If new owners and SD only expectation is to be better than our last season as opposed to better than the entirety of Webber / Delias tenure then that seems a little unfair.

Although much easier for the new guys. 

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If new owners and SD only expectation is to be better than our last season as opposed to better than the entirety of Webber / Delias tenure then that seems a little unfair.

Although much easier for the new guys. 

I start every season hoping it'll be better than the last one. In reality, Webber only matched those hopes twice in six attempts. Admittedly, both times he did we won a trophy.

Edited by canarydan23

17 hours ago, king canary said:

If you say so...

Personally I'd like owners you actually knew a lot about running a professional football club in 2023 rather than being naive.. but hey ho... 

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Anybody know when Mick Dennis is publishing his eulogy ?

He’s typing away on Webber’s backside this minute. 

Leeds have just appointed a temporary 'adviser' to oversee the summer transfer window and find a permanent SD.

2 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Leeds have just appointed a temporary 'adviser' to oversee the summer transfer window and find a permanent SD.

Something tells me that they'll find one within a few weeks of us finding one.

14 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Anybody know when Mick Dennis is publishing his eulogy ?

Think he’s on holiday 

16 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Yeah. This couldn't be more convenient if it's Webber they're looking to appoint. Gives Webber the chance to finish up here and then hand over before moving on to Leeds without any sort of suggestion he's leaving us in the lurch.

3 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Yeah. This couldn't be more convenient if it's Webber they're looking to appoint. Gives Webber the chance to finish up here and then hand over before moving on to Leeds without any sort of suggestion he's leaving us in the lurch.

I'm not sure this 100% means it is Webber.

They've just got new owners- a short term appointment may allow them more time to get their feet under the table before appointing their own man long term. Don't want to rush such a key decision.

Talksport just said that Leeds will be bringing someone in permanently in October. 

Suggests to me that if they know the date, they already know the person, and that person is unavailable currently.

Looks very much like he's going to Leeds and the club have agreed a six month notice period to me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Talksport just said that Leeds will be bringing someone in permanently in October. 

Suggests to me that if they know the date, they already know the person, and that person is unavailable currently.

Looks very much like he's going to Leeds and the club have agreed a six month notice period to me. 

Exactly how I see it. If they have a date in mind, it's either a plan that's not fully settled, although it's four months away in this case and I doubt such a recruitment decision would take that long - or they've already agreed.

Latter seems far more likely.

If it is Webber, someone at the club has negotiated the notice period to end after the Transfer Window closes. 

Very astute. 

42 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

The Pink website reports that Hammond has been appointed for the Leeds job as a temporary arrangement and mentions three months.

This suggests to me that an agreement has been reached by all parties for Webber to oversee the close season at City before leaving the club.

In fact, it seems pretty obvious.

As much as I want Webber out this is the best arrangement as it is certainly not in our own interests to lose the man whilst all the planning for and implementation of the 're-build' is underway.

I would hope (but the club and support have every right to expect) that Stuart Webber stretches towards that infamous extra ten percent in finalising the work in the total interests of NCFC and thus being able to retrieve some of what is left of his tattered reputation in Norfolk (and Kent and Cambridge, and ....)

The problem has to be asked though, "if he has another South American gem up his sleeve will he save the player for Leeds?"

Quite frankly this whole business has been an obvious c_ck-up resulting from the fact that he handed in his notice in March and the Leeds connection was on the cards.

Edited by BroadstairsR

33 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

The problem has to be asked though, "if he has another South American gem up his sleeve will he save the player for Leeds?"

To be fair, it's the network we have South America which are working on projects and relations in that region.  Despite how people like to paint the club, this isn't solely a Webber thing.

Furthermore, If he was to stitch us up it reflects bad on him and undermines his wife's job, too.  I can't see any reason why he would want to break relationships with the club, as he's said before how they love the region and he would like to come back and be welcome here.

It would be blatantly obvious if he started going after prime targets that we had, not to mention from a legal perspective there will be NDA's and such in place - Particularly if the agreement is for him to walk after 6 months instead of the 12 there will be some kind of 'hands off' clause.

He's walking into a new project with Leeds, and their aims and budgets are quite different to ours - this won't be a Top 26 project, but more a Top 10 aim. It appears he's leaving in a very amicable way, I just don't expect there to be any kind of underhandedness to occur, personally.

1 hour ago, Leedscanary said:

If it is Webber, someone at the club has negotiated the notice period to end after the Transfer Window closes. 

Very astute. 

Don't suppose there's any possibility he might pick the phone up and talk to Hammond. It's quite astute of Leeds to appoint someone for Webber to communicate with.

Webber of course might not be going to Leeds at all.

I'm actually more concerned with who we might be signing here during this window. If Webber really is Leeds bound I cannot see how he can be trusted to make a decision here that would give us a competitive advantage over Leeds.

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Webber really is Leeds bound I cannot see how he can be trusted to make a decision here that would give us a competitive advantage over Leeds.

The more you think about it the more bizarre it gets.

Yet, it's a truism to state that it is in City's best interests for him to complete the Summer's work here now rather than have a new person needing to pick up the reigns cold.

The more I think about it the greater nonsense it gets that the parting of the ways did not take place in March.

The season was becoming a write-off anyway and any new incumbent would have had time to find his feet and start planning for the Summer's business from the outset.

I think Hammond's role at Leeds will simply be to oversee the exodus of several senior players, organise the loans for next season and ensure a new SD is in place by the end of September. There won't be many 'incoming' so I doubt they'd be any conflict of interest with Webber should he end up at Elland Road.   

6 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

I think Hammond's role at Leeds will simply be to oversee the exodus of several senior players, organise the loans for next season and ensure a new SD is in place by the end of September. There won't be many 'incoming' so I doubt they'd be any conflict of interest with Webber should he end up at Elland Road.   

There is a conflict of interest already though if indeed Webber is going to Leeds. We are direct rivals for next season. He is spending the summer assembling our squad for that campaign. There is a clear conflict of interest.

That said and in fairness, our transfer business so far this summer does not appear to have been effected. It remains to be seen whether any further deals in the pipeline but not concluded are. For example what if this Motherwell kid suddenly ends up at Leeds with them having offered a better package to gazump us which obviously they could do financially.  Is our SD really focusing on transfers to Norwich if he is negotiating a move for himself to Leeds? 

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

There is a conflict of interest already though if indeed Webber is going to Leeds. We are direct rivals for next season. He is spending the summer assembling our squad for that campaign. There is a clear conflict of interest.

That said and in fairness, our transfer business so far this summer does not appear to have been effected. It remains to be seen whether any further deals in the pipeline but not concluded are. For example what if this Motherwell kid suddenly ends up at Leeds with them having offered a better package to gazump us which obviously they could do financially.  Is our SD really focusing on transfers to Norwich if he is negotiating a move for himself to Leeds? 

Yes, regardless of how many times you try and make the same point in different guises.