Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Replacement for Webber

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

You all want him out, care to name a replacement 

I hate it when people say things like this. That’s not what we’re paid for. How could the humble fan possibly have any knowledge of potential sporting director candidates. Wanting a change doesn’t mean you have to have the answers you know?

• Like 16

At the moment I almost don't care who replaces Webber. He has poisoned the relationship between the fans and the club, he has poisoned the relationship between the local media and the club, and he has failed to deliver the kind of success which might go some way to mitigating this toxicity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Yeah all is well isn't it. Carry on as we are.

Presumably Neil Adams is groomed and ready to takeover ? If not, sack him as well.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I mean, they'd need to be an upgrade on Webber.

So, Worzel Gummidge? Joey Essex? A Magic 8 Ball?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

This is the sort of b0llocks Simon Lappin always comes out with on the radio, obviously nothing to do with being employed by the club of course...

• Like 2

Me

Webber is still hiding at the ground waiting for everyone to leave

Edited by The Real Buh

4 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Vegetable oil cancer link leads scientists to recommend lard and butter as  healthier alternatives - Mirror Online

OTBC

Ah, you've noticed that he's getting a bit lardy. I've heard he's been nominated for this year's John Hartson Award.

Edited by canarybubbles

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"You say you want someone gone, but don't care to name a replacement? HA! You are dumb and I am smart!"

Where’s the Webber out poll Cambridge? I’m utterly surprised and confused by your restraint. 

Sporting Directors, in this country at least, are generally a bit too 'behind the scenes' for the average fan to have enough knowledge on them in order to form a shortlist of candidates. 

It needs to be someone with a clear philosophy of how the footballing side of things should operate from the youth team through to the first team, with a consistent tactical approach, as well as having a large book of contacts, a good eye for spotting a player and a burning desire to work in the Premier League.

• Like 1

Have said it before. Get Greg Broughton back if we can. He’s the man responsible for most of the “Crown Jewels” we’ve brought through and sold anyway. 

• Like 1

Grr, it is my opinion because I am a money paying Norwich fan that the SD should lose his job!

If you think he should be replaced, who in your opinion could get the job instead?

Grr, it isn't my job to have an opinion on this! I don't get paid to decide these things!

🤨

Buh, surely he won’t start a campaign to get himself out. In addition as he gets everything right we will have the best manager and players that compete with Man City for the EPL.

SW won't go anywhere. He has credit In the bank. Does anybody really think Delia and MWJ have sorted the deal with MA. Of course not. It is the Webbers. Let's give him the chance to finish the deal and progress the club the way we all want to see. Off the field all is good as in training ground etc. Now is the time to sort on field. New ownership and progression. And yes if anyone asks I've had a beer or two

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Grr, it is my opinion because I am a money paying Norwich fan that the SD should lose his job!

If you think he should be replaced, who in your opinion could get the job instead?

Grr, it isn't my job to have an opinion on this! I don't get paid to decide these things!

🤨

No one is saying that we shouldn't have opinions. But they would be meaningless as few, if any of us, have researched and employed people with knowledge in the area.

It's similar to say that only a few people should criticise the government because we couldn't run the country our selves.

Just now, thegali said:

No one is saying that we shouldn't have opinions. But they would be meaningless as few, if any of us, have researched and employed people with knowledge in the area.

It's similar to say that only a few people should criticise the government because we couldn't run the country our selves.

Therein was kind of the point I was making. Why do people feel confident, often vehemently so, that Webber absolutely needs to be mailed to the Himalayas, but then refuse this hypothetical hiring question because 'we don't know enough'?

Surely if we admit we don't know enough to source his replacement, we admit by proxy that we don't know enough to reasonably demand his marching orders?

People are within their rights to question, I've not a problem with it. But I find the duality here a little perplexing.

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Keiron Scott. The man who left us for Borro who now seem to be Miles better than us after he left here and went there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Therein was kind of the point I was making. Why do people feel confident, often vehemently so, that Webber absolutely needs to be mailed to the Himalayas, but then refuse this hypothetical hiring question because 'we don't know enough'?

Surely if we admit we don't know enough to source his replacement, we admit by proxy that we don't know enough to reasonably demand his marching orders?

People are within their rights to question, I've not a problem with it. But I find the duality here a little perplexing.

It's easy to see if something isn't working, but harder to fix it.

I don't agree with your proxy comment, you are implying fans should never critise players because we haven't coached elite level football.