4 hours ago, Canary73 said:

With Stefanie Powers as assistant coach? When they played opposition teams it was murder....

wagner.jpg

Moider surely?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

Rose West's Yellow Army 

Even scarier, and worryingly more realistic - Liz Truss’ Yellow Army? Kami-Kwasi Kwarteng as assistant.

• Like 1

Not overly keen on Wagner but if it's him then I'll happily support. Will need to get off to a good start as his appointment will be seen as much as Webber appointing a mate of his rather than him being the best man for the job.

4 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

I doubt this will happen, though I would respect Webber if it did. 

The criticisms he would receive of unimaginative, easy, go-with-what-you-know would be obvious (not least to him), so it would show genuine belief. 

Wagner of course understands our (previous) playing philosophy and knows the demarcation lines of our sporting model.

More than anything it would show that Webber acknowledges that we must jump the hurdle in front of us now (being oppressive and superior), not a tomorrow premier league hurdle (being inferior and defensive). 

Wagner might well be a poor man’s Farke, though that is to my mind still far better than another mercenary journeyman manager. 

We are out on a limb here. We must stand for something. Have an interesting identity. Put on a good footballing show. It is who we are. 

Parma 

I tell you what Parma, I would LOVE it, absolutely LOVE IT if you were involved in the managerial/administrative set up in some way. Or ........?????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I tell you what Parma, I would LOVE it, absolutely LOVE IT if you were involved in the managerial/administrative set up in some way. Or ........?????

Thanks Ron….🤗

Perhaps I’ll get a call when a new Sporting Director is needed….🤣

Parma

• Like 2

I wouldn't read too much into the odds. If Nick Mash*ter has tweeted that he's under consideration, I have no doubt that that's the case, but people 'in the know' will trust NM and decide it's worth a punt, which then leads to a domino effect. Skybet are notorious for manipulating new manager markets by choosing which rumours they jump on and stick on the SSN ticker.

I have no doubt that Wagner is being considered, but don't be surprised to see another rumour doing the rounds in a couple of days, and a corresponding rush on the market.

I'd be surprised if Webber appointed Wagner this week without looking at other options, although it is of course possible given their history of working together and strong mutual understanding around tactics, systems and players. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be averse to Wagner, but given the apparent knee-jerk nature of the Smith appointment, I think we'll probably do our due diligence before taking the plunge.

Ma****er posted that because he knew it would get a negative reaction about webber. I'm willing to be he knows nothing about the actual people under consideration for the job.

I'd be pretty surprised if this manager hunt went on too long though. I think It must have been thought about a lot over the World Cup break considering how quickly the trigger was pulled after the restart.

• Like 2

Can’t believe anyone seriously would think this would be a good appointment! ?? His last really good season was 4/5 years ago. Even with the Swiss leagues best team he finished second miles of the pace in a 2 horse race .. very very underwhelmed if we sign him …. 

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Ma****er posted that because he knew it would get a negative reaction about webber. I'm willing to be he knows nothing about the actual people under consideration for the job.

What's this based on?

Do you have any actual proof to back up any of the above?

43 minutes ago, Wirecanary said:

Can’t believe anyone seriously would think this would be a good appointment! ?? His last really good season was 4/5 years ago. Even with the Swiss leagues best team he finished second miles of the pace in a 2 horse race .. very very underwhelmed if we sign him …. 

I'd suggest the only way is up, and he's better than the majority of the other options.

As the championship is so poor, this squad just needs a half decent manager and a bit of confidence. 

People spouting this kind of negativity won't help anyone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

What's this based on?

Do you have any actual proof to back up any of the above?

I should have said 'Ma****er probably has nothing to go on'. I'm basing in on the fact that 90% of his Norwich tweets seem to be about negativity around Webber.

But yeah, I think he hates Webber more than he likes Norwich.

7 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

I'd have big concerns if it was Wagner. Came undone at Huddersfield, his Schalke side were diabolical. I don't know much about his stint in Switzerland, only that it didn't last very long.

Absolutely this. Fell apart at Huddersfield. He was absolutely diabolical at Schalke and managed to relegate them. Why is he a favourite for the Norwich job?

15 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Absolutely this. Fell apart at Huddersfield. He was absolutely diabolical at Schalke and managed to relegate them. Why is he a favourite for the Norwich job?

I can't comment on the Schalke portion but I think the fact it fell apart at Huddersfield was more a result of massive overachievement.

17 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Farke also fell apart in the prem league but we'd have him back in a heartbeat right now, would we not?

I think that if Wagner came to us it would be on a short-term agreement to the end of the season as he and Webber know each other so a level of trust and understanding would pre-exist.  A deal like that could work out to be brilliant for himself and the club, we're in desperate need to get someone in for these 3 matches at home plus max time in Jan transfer window.

It would be a great opportunity for Wagner to show that he can deliver at this level once again, working with a sporting director he knows well.

Personally I think it's one of the few options out there which could hit the ground running, and ticks all the boxes in regards to having a manager who engages with fans and has a style of play that we've come to love, and the players have previously excelled in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

His first action on the transfer market would be to try and tempt Jesus away from Arsenal.

Well, it would certainly fit the remit of signing injured players...

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

I would be completely underwhelmed if Wagner is appointed. Had one really decent season and then completely faded. Shows a lack of ambition if he is appointed

To be fair the 2 managers in recent times that apparently showed the biggest lack of ambition was Alex Neil and Daniel Farke.

• Like 2

I actually don't think it will be him, the early odds on favourite rarely gets the job, remember this is a small betting market and it doesn't take much to have odds change rapidly.  This is likely a reaction to a few bets placed on the back of Ma****ters tweet.

35 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I actually don't think it will be him, the early odds on favourite rarely gets the job, remember this is a small betting market and it doesn't take much to have odds change rapidly.  This is likely a reaction to a few bets placed on the back of Ma****ters tweet.

I agree with this, although I do think he should be considered.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The odds had crashed down to odds on before the tweet and was a result of The Times suggesting him. I agree with the 'early favourite bit though. Only 13 months ago the media darling was odds on with seemingly no other geezer anywhere near. In fact I think some bookies stopped taking cash on said person. We all know what happened

Don’t expect Wagner (if chosen) to have you on the edge of your seat. Promotion with Huddersfield via the Play Offs with a grand total of 56 goals and a negative G/D. Another bore fest in waiting perhaps. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Don’t expect Wagner (if chosen) to have you on the edge of your seat. Promotion with Huddersfield via the Play Offs with a grand total of 56 goals and a negative G/D. Another bore fest in waiting perhaps. 

Had a good start, then a poor run, but then had  a golden patch during that season playng scintllating football that was enough to get them in the playoffs. That is all that is required - for the team to go on a run of wins.

13 hours ago, shefcanary said:

BTW I too am a Sheff Uni graduate from the early 80's, I stayed on in the City. 

Same here - must have been contemporaries 😃 I only knew four others from Norwich in Sheffield - three were female (which I am assuming you are not) and the other is living in the states. None were City fans.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm basing in on the fact that 90% of his Norwich tweets seem to be about negativity around Webber

Well can't be surprised when journo's stick with journo's when it comes to clubs limiting access or wanting to control the output etc.

Not all journalists are charlatans and puppets like Mick Dennis.

4 hours ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Well, it would certainly fit the remit of signing injured players...

He'd be a nailed on certainty to start, even if injured....................................................................too soon?

• Haha 3

God no please! If the club want a coach capable of getting back up and STAYING there this time then Wagner is not that man! 

As someone said earlier, he had one good season in the last 5 years, and it probably also means a load more German second Division signings that will struggle in the top flight.

What is the obsession with Germans at Norwich?