Swansea sacking Martin tonight would confirm that at this present time there has been no interest from Norwich.

Have to say I hope that situation doesn't change.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Swansea sacking Martin tonight would confirm that at this present time there has been no interest from Norwich.

Have to say I hope that situation doesn't change.

Is that likely?

Wagner currently drifting, with shortening odds on Martin. Do hope it's not him, hasn't really achieved a great deal so far in his managerial career and would be the easy option recruiting an ex player. 

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Russ still on the move 2/1 and Wagner well on the drift.

I think this is just speculation that the Swans might sack him soon due to their very poor run of form. Saw a poll on their forum which showed 84% want him out (dont know how many voted mind you). Here is just one of the recent comments.........................

I've given him some time, but the last few games its beginning to look like he hasn't a clue how to sort it out, and yesterday was it for me, and his comments after the game begin to look like someone who is in a pickle, doesn't know what to do, and blame someone else, as he knows the inevitable is on its way!

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

To take R Martin over S Parker for example or C W

Wilder would be very bizarre indeed. D Wagner also a better bet one would say.

Can I ask a dumb question? How does David Wagner pronounce his name? I've never heard it actually spoken. I assume it's the same as the German composer rather than the American actor, but I want to make sure. Thanks.

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

Can I ask a dumb question? How does David Wagner pronounce his name? I've never heard it actually spoken. I assume it's the same as the German composer rather than the American actor, but I want to make sure. Thanks.

Vagner I think

Ok now I think we may have somebody serious, in the last hour there are links popping up everywhere, U.K. Germany and Europe in general. His name is Tim Walter and he is 45. Don’t want to put who he currently coaches as not completely certain. He is German.

I guess the usual suspects will be putting up their usual threads shortly lol.

Straight into the betting at between 12 and 18/1 with everyone else Martin and Wagner included on the drift.

This does seem far more realistic, and loads of links in last hour.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Ok now I think we may have somebody serious, in the last hour there are links popping up everywhere, U.K. Germany and Europe in general. His name is Tim Walter and he is 45. Don’t want to put who he currently coaches as not completely certain. He is German.

Straight into the betting at between 12 and 18/1 with everyone else Martin and Wagner included on the drift.

This has been going on since first thing this morning following a media article. I got 14/1 with Sky Bet about 10.00. 

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

This has been going on since first thing this morning following a media article. I got 14/1 with Sky Bet about 10.00. 

Now plenty of outlets reporting it and not the usual outlets. He must have drifted a bit with Skybet as they are offering 18/1.

Just now, Well b back said:

Now plenty of outlets reporting it and not the usual outlets. He must have drifted a bit with Skybet as they are offering 18/1.

As yellow rider said, this news is about 6/8 hours old.

Latest from Sky Bet

David Wagner
11/8
Russell Martin
11/4
Steve Bruce
6/1
Mark Robins
10/1
Scott Parker
12/1
Sean Dyche
14/1
Tim Walter
18/1
Allan Russell
20/1
Kjetil Knutsen
20/1
Chris Wilder
22/1
Marcelo Gallardo
25/1
Ralph Hassenhuttl
25/1
Steven Gerrard
25/1
Darren Moore
33/1
Kevin Nolan
33/1
Steven Schumacher
33/1
Anthony Barry
40/1
Kieran McKenna
40/1
Paul Warne
40/1
Ryan Lowe
40/1
Steve Weaver
40/1
Gareth Ainsworth
50/1
Marcelo Bielsa
50/1
Matthew Gill
50/1
Xisco Munoz
50/1
Bruno Lage
66/1
Garry Monk
66/1
Hannes Wolf
66/1
Kevin Muscat
66/1
Leam Richardson
66/1
Liam Manning
66/1
Michael O'Neill
66/1
Patrick Glöckner
66/1
Peter Bosz
66/1
Sam Allardyce
66/1
Steve Cotterill
66/1
Tony Pulis
66/1
Gio van Bronckhorst
80/1
Lee Bowyer
80/1
Neil Lennon
80/1
Brian Barry-Murphy
100/1
Chris Hughton
100/1
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
100/1
Joey Barton
100/1
Mark Warburton
100/1
Nigel Adkins
100/1

24 minutes ago, Well b back said:

There's already a thread about him Wbb

Markets being closed now, with lots of reports saying we are now set to appoint Wagner, yes I know heard it before with Lampard.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Beginning to look like Wagner will be here for the Blackburn game.

In the stands, one would assume 🙃

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

In the stands, one would assume 🙃

Wouldn’t be so sure, Our caretakers were appointed for 2 games and their quotes today refer to their swan song against Watford.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2022 at 15:14, PurpleCanary said:

I was talking about Wagner rather than Bruce, but re Bruce is it multiple sources saying we are talking to Bruce or one report from Football Insider which is simply being repeated multiple times?

I haven't seen one report from a reputable journalist saying we are in talks. For example if Charlie Wyett, who seemed to be first with the news of Smith's sacking, was reporting it that would be significant. But all I can see at the moment is what usually happens. Namely that a non-reputable source makes an unevidenced claim and in the absence of any genuinely-sourced news it gets picked up and repeated ad infinitum to fill the vacuum.

On another thread you are saying you have it from a reputable journalist saying we are in talks ?

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

On another thread you are saying you have it from a reputable journalist saying we are in talks ?

Which thread? In any event the point I am making is not whether we have been in talks with Wagner. That would not at all surprise me. What I am saying is that I have not seen any reputable journalist saying Wagner has been chosen. There may be reputable reports that we are in talks and even that he is the front runner, but as of now none that the decision has been made.

To add, I had been out and am only now catching up. But to make my point that no-one seems to be reporting that the choice has been made, Bailey is saying there is a shortlist of four.

Edited by PurpleCanary

On 28/12/2022 at 17:45, Virtual reality said:

Stuart Webber may as well come out waving a white flag and admitting he is a one trick pony if Wagner is appointed. His Huddersfield championship side were superb but it appears to have gone hugely downhill ever since. Poor man’s Daniel Farke 

Bit harsh

Both got to the prem from the champs.

Wagner managed to keep his team in there there which Farke never achieved as much as I love the guy.  

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/taking-a-closer-look-at-previous-german-managers-in-the-premier-league-1662553829000

Farke - 49 matches, won 6, drew 8, lost 35; win percentage 12.2

Wagner - 60 matches, won 11, drew 15, lost 34; win percentage 18

Both got sacked

Wagner then got the Schalke job which is a massive one which did not work out.

I would hazard a guess that non city fans would have the view they are very similar careers with quite similar career paths despite having a different style Wagner being more pressing (if I remember correctly and back in the day that HT team looked really good).  Farke would obviously be considered king of the Championship but then many clubs would have sacked their manager during the first prem campaign.

Yes he got sacked by young boys as they demanded to be champions (they came second) he also won a game against Manchester United which was in the champions league group stage... a level which Farke has yet to manage in?

So if the guy is motivated and sees us as the ideal place to prove to everyone he is the real deal I consider this a good appointment.

https://terrierspirit.com/david-wagners-tactics/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After getting hammered on Wagner bets, Bet Victor have now also removed the ‘ Next Permanent Norwich Manager ‘ betting.

6 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Something doesn't seem...... right to me. The Wagner stuff is all so public, it's not the Norwich way. Smokescreen. 

Hope so but you also have to consider that this appointment will be being made by Webber. He's running the ship differently to how the board/people in similar positions were previously.

14 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Something doesn't seem...... right to me. The Wagner stuff is all so public, it's not the Norwich way. Smokescreen. 

You know, I was thinking this myself.

I'm wondering whether Wagner's name has been made public by the club to gauge some sort of reaction? Or maybe as a screen for something else?

I don't know. Strange times.

23 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You know, I was thinking this myself.

I'm wondering whether Wagner's name has been made public by the club to gauge some sort of reaction? Or maybe as a screen for something else?

I don't know. Strange times.

Tis 

As I mentioned earlier if there are 4 in the running, even if it is Wagner, why have all betting markets been withdrawn when they can still make some money, it’s as though the appointment is done and not being released. Even if they know it is Wagner make him 1/200 as people will still bet on others if you offer a good price.