Would you be happy if it is? 

now odds have been slashed. 

Personally, I think it's not a bad shout. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

I'd have big concerns if it was Wagner. Came undone at Huddersfield, his Schalke side were diabolical. I don't know much about his stint in Switzerland, only that it didn't last very long.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I saw 2-1 just now. Better than Smith. I’d back him 

Now odds on everywhere, in last 10 minutes SKY bet have gone from 3/1 to 10/11. A couple of places now 1/3.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Now odds on everywhere, in last 10 minutes SKY bet have gone from 3/1 to 10/11. A couple of places now 1/3.

I’d still have him despite posting in another thread his 18 game winless record run for schalke

I'd have him. He knows what it's like working under Webber and was successful when he did.

I'd prefer him to the likes of Parker.

• Like 4

Stuart Webber may as well come out waving a white flag and admitting he is a one trick pony if Wagner is appointed. His Huddersfield championship side were superb but it appears to have gone hugely downhill ever since. Poor man’s Daniel Farke 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’d still have him despite posting in another thread his 18 game winless record run for schalke

Of course it is just money being placed at the moment, but the bookmakers didn’t even have him listed this morning.

I could back Wagner, but it does beg the question as to why sack Farke as we have done a complete circle.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t be against Wagner, but it would leave me questioning Webber.

Hiring Wagner would just look like he had adopted an easy, no effort required recruitment process which would make me question further,  his commitment to us and how much he’s really bothered about succeeding with us. 

• Like 2

Seems a decent option and I’d probably prefer him over the likes of Martin and Robins. May be old boys network with Webber but at least means should hit ground  running.

Been successful before and Huddersfield certainly played decent football.

Although the main truth is probably that there’s a  bit of Farke about him and I still miss him (sad I know!)

Edited by rock bus
  • Like 2

Obviously Webber knows Wagner very well. Is it possible that Wagner could be persuaded to take a contract until the end of the season, with a guaranteed extension if we went up?

EDIT: Makes sense for us; manager in place immediately, no big financial outlay, flexibility according to what happens in terms of promotion. Makes sense for Wagner; a chance to revive his career?????

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

Although the main truth is probably that there’sa but of Farke Scott him and I atom miss him (sad I know!)

Say what? Haha

Hopefully this is just a case of one or two big bets creating a bit of a bandwagon. I wouldn't be enthused; did well at Huddersfield initially before the wheels came off and has struggled to repeat his success anywhere else, a bit like Paul Lambert here (barring the wheels coming off, obviously).

I don't think many of the managers linked are blemish free, take Hassenhuttl for example, he has a few 9-0 hidings to his name. 

Wagner's time at Schalke was under difficult circumstances, and at Young Boys he got a scalp over Manchester Utd in the Champions league and was sacked whilst second in the Swiss division. 

Be fairly happy with that appointment, similar style of football to Farke, and obviously the Dortmund links. 

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

I doubt it would take much money to move a market like this one 

Although I don’t disagree, some betting companies didn’t even have him in their odds this afternoon, so this has started by people asking for a price.

8 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Does anyone have any idea why the odds have suddenly tumbled?

Got mentioned in The Athletic, obvious link to Webber, available. 

I don’t think Wagner has been as bad as people think since leaving Huddersfield. Reading about him, it seems his Achilles heal is that he struggles to halt bad form. He seems good while the going is good however. 

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Of course it is just money being placed at the moment, but the bookmakers didn’t even have him listed this morning.

I could back Wagner, but it does beg the question as to why sack Farke as we have done a complete circle.

He was listed on Sky Bet at 18/1 last night. I looked after I read Michael Bailey's piece in the Athletic.

No I didn't🙄

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Although I don’t disagree, some betting companies didn’t even have him in their odds this afternoon, so this has started by people asking for a price.

I guess it’s the easy and logical connection. People will know Webber appointed him at Huddersfield and there’s a lot of similarities with Farke. I think he could be successful here but I also think it smacks massively of the easy option for Webber and as others have said it leaves more question marks about his ability if he has to return to old manager appointments.