A Load of Squit

Chelsea talking to Webber

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oliviera is honestly a decent strong, psychical striker.. Just sadly let down by a bad attitude and poor tempter. That combined with Farkes ability to kick players out of the group quickly for petty reasons meant he was doomed from the start

Farke kept him in the squad even after the actions of Oliveira in his first game in charge.

32 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I do hope we bring someone else though rather than handing straight over to Adams. Perhaps a bit harsh as none of us really know how capable he is, I just know promoting from within hasn't always worked so well at NCFC...

How gutted will you feel if Webber does go?

Ken Brown, Dave Stringer, Mike Walker, all promoted from within.

Sometimes the answer is on your doorstep.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Why not look back at the last 12 years with an open mind. Rather than looking back to cherry pick the bits that suit.

Because its the only way to be right all the time😉

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bert said:

Sexy Bennett has spoken he got interviewed but wasn’t offered it

he is not committed so should now resign in my view 

Are you saying we're not even going to get the 90% any more??? 😭

I'm sure he can find another mountain to f**k off to when the going gets a bit tough. 

I'll happily say that the club is in a better position now with his assistance, but I don't believe it's going to get any better with it either. 

49 minutes ago, Bert said:

Sexy Bennett has spoken he got interviewed but wasn’t offered it

he is not committed so should now resign in my view 

So going on SBs track record we can conclude he wasn't interviewed and has been offered it.... 😏

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Chichcan said:

Hopefully we'll be looking a bit further than  just appointing Adams if Webber leaves

There are so many young sporting directors around these days that would bring in fresh ideas

I  would hope we'd at least interview people properly and see what ideas people have to take the club forward 

Damned if they do damned if they don’t. Yes the club has succession plan in place. No it hasn’t been inspected and approved by the keyboard warriors on the pink’un site, many of whom have been calling for Webber to go.

I'd be happy to see the back of him. You can't deny the club is in a much better place than before he arrived and he is largely responsible for that, but he's a changed man now. Whether something happened or he just started to believe in his own hype, he's so far up his own **** now that it's seriously impeding his judgment. 

If he's to be believed, he turned down big jobs to stay here; if he's now courting them maybe he should go anyway. Doubt he'll be missed and there's every chance a new man will improve our prospects. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So, if the Maddison injury at Hillsborough had been long term all would still have been ok? 

Depends what you mean by OK. I believe we would have been able to muddle through rather than having to go into administration.

Surprised the recent appearance of John Terry in our dressing room at Reading and Dean Smith saying he is going to visit Colney has not got anybody suggesting there could be an opening in the back room set up somewhere. if Webber departs.

Edited by TIL 1010

CHELSEA INTERVIEW PAUL MITCHELL

Well, the 41-year-old helped bring the likes of Dele Alli and Heung-min Son to Tottenham while working alongside Mauricio Pochettino, before a fallout with Daniel Levy saw him leave Spurs in 2016.

Mitchell is currently working as Sporting Director at Monaco after a period as Head of Recruitment and Development at RB Leipzig, although Chelsea are interested in bringing him back to London.

My friend who works at Chelsea has been moaning to me about this speculation. It seems Chelsea have contacted multiple people about the role and each one has turned it down. It could be said that they’re getting a little desperate, saying more about the situation they find themselves in, rather than heaping praise on Mr Webber. 

Should he go, I for one won’t miss his rather arrogant persona, nor his obscure, ‘finger in the air’ player recruitment. I think he’d have more chance at sifting for gold in the Yare, than finding another Buendia or Pukki. Still, on the finance side, at least the books are looking ok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

I think Neil would do a better job than Webber ..

(There, I’ve said it…)

Doncaster ?

19 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Depends what you mean by OK. I believe we would have been able to muddle through rather than having to go into administration.

Who knows, I remember Dave Freezer (is he still around?) filling his Y-fronts when Maddison went down (not sexually) 

Things are better now.

We've got a slightly tidier badge. A £750,000 wall to kick a ball against. And new floodlights so bright you need to wear sunglasses.

Edited by Pyro Pete

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surprised the recent appearance of John Terry in our dressing room at Reading and Dean Smith saying he is going to visit Colney has not got anybody suggesting there could be an opening in the back room set up somewhere. if Webber departs.

I assume because that wouldn't make much sense.

If Terry was joining us you'd assume it would be as part of the coaching staff being as they worked together at Villa.

The idea Terry was here because he'd be considered for Webber's role would require something of a leap.

6 minutes ago, Robornio said:

My friend who works at Chelsea has been moaning to me about this speculation. It seems Chelsea have contacted multiple people about the role and each one has turned it down. It could be said that they’re getting a little desperate, saying more about the situation they find themselves in, rather than heaping praise on Mr Webber. 

Should he go, I for one won’t miss his rather arrogant persona, nor his obscure, ‘finger in the air’ player recruitment. I think he’d have more chance at sifting for gold in the Yare, than finding another Buendia or Pukki. Still, on the finance side, at least the books are looking ok.

Looking at one of their forums they have vacancies for Technical Director and Sporting Director. Rivelli has taken the TD role and it looks as though Webber is one of a number linked or previously linked to the SD role. Safe to say he's not first choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I assume because that wouldn't make much sense.

If Terry was joining us you'd assume it would be as part of the coaching staff being as they worked together at Villa.

The idea Terry was here because he'd be considered for Webber's role would require something of a leap.

Not necessarily Mark Noble is joining West Ham as SD from January, He only finished playing last season!

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I think Webber has generally been solid in the transfer market but I hate this argument. 

Webber is paid a bery good salary, in part, to build the best squad he can and judge the ability of the players he wants to sign. The fact a bunch of fans didn't predict his signings would be failures is entirely irrelevant to judging his performance. 

Indeed! His success rate probably compares very well with other DF's. The point of making this argument is to highlight the absurdity of expecting every single transfer to work out. Those who make use of hindsight in criticising Webber when this is impossible for him to use hindsight in making transfer decisions invite ridicule for doing so in the case of those deals that don't work out. It is entirely relevant to ask whether at the time of making those transfers anyone had good reason to believe he was making a mistake. If not, they would be best served in keeping quiet and recognising that Webber's transfer record is commendable, and has left us in a healthy position in terms of staff and finances.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oliviera is honestly a decent strong, psychical striker.. Just sadly let down by a bad attitude and poor tempter. That combined with Farkes ability to kick players out of the group quickly for petty reasons meant he was doomed from the start

He was good, but he certainly wouldn't oust Pukki from the squad.

22 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Well, the 41-year-old helped bring the likes of Dele Alli and Heung-min Son to Tottenham while working alongside Mauricio Pochettino, before a fallout with Daniel Levy saw him leave Spurs in 2016.

Mitchell is currently working as Sporting Director at Monaco after a period as Head of Recruitment and Development at RB Leipzig, although Chelsea are interested in bringing him back to London.

Interesting as they've just appointed Vivelli as TD and he was also at RB Leipzig. Maybe he put in word.

Webber not looking so nailed on now?

Edited by Capt. Pants

Firstly, spoken to is nowhere near being offered the job. 
secondly, If he does go then good luck to him. He has done well for this club on the whole but everyone must agree at Premier League level he has been an absolute failure who has wasted millions 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 4

If John Terry joins this club in any capacity I won't be going to any more matches. You have to have some standards in this world. Personally, I wouldn't even let him into Norfolk.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, horsefly said:

He was good, but he certainly wouldn't oust Pukki from the squad.

Of course not, just saying that he's (almost..) always been a decent striker at the clubs he's been too and its just that he was let down by his own poor attitude and a rash temper

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

36 minutes ago, Mengo said:

No no no

Take Webber take Webber for the love of God 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Of course not, just saying that he's (almost..) always been a decent striker at the clubs he's been too and its just that he was let down by his own poor attitude and a rash temper

Agreed! It's a shame that he could never quite control his arrogant sense of entitlement.