Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Rashica to Galatasary

Be a shame if he goes but just hasn’t worked out for him. Not looked interested at all this season and his performances were well below par for an experienced international.  Article on the website does not say if it’s a permanent move or a loan. Hoping we can recuperate a big chunk of his transfer fee and reinvest in the next window.

Redmond would have been good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

His performances have been generally pretty average all along, sadly; can honestly say that we won’t miss him.

I would have to agree with you. Time for new pastures and some money 💰 for Norwich.  How much 🤑 ?????

This is a genuine question: does anyone else feel there's been a bit of revisionism about him lately? Seems like everyone agrees he's been rubbish for us ever since he signed. But my memory of last season is that he did ok. Obviously not great, but probably the best of the three 'big'-money signings: you'd put him above Sargent and Tzolis based on last year, wouldn't you? He clearly had a poor start to this season, and those suspecting that he didn't really want to play for us in the Champs would seem to have a point (though Smith consistently praised his attitude in training). But what was it, three games before he was left out? 

Have to say, I was hoping that the window closing would focus his mind, that we'd keep him around and see what we can get out of him this season. Sargent's currently looking like a really good Championship forward, and I'm not sure how many would have predicted that on July 30th.

• Thanks 1

So only Sargent remains from last season's duffers.

Leaves us a bit thin on the ground for wide men this season with Placheta, Tzolis and Rashica gone and Rowe out for a while. Shame the transfer didn't happen during the English window.

No revisionism from me, I’m pretty sure I’ve been consistent - just doesn’t have enough  pace or trickery and hasn’t played well often enough.  I did think he would (or should) look better in the Champs but didn’t seem to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

This is a genuine question: does anyone else feel there's been a bit of revisionism about him lately? Seems like everyone agrees he's been rubbish for us ever since he signed. But my memory of last season is that he did ok. Obviously not great, but probably the best of the three 'big'-money signings: you'd put him above Sargent and Tzolis based on last year, wouldn't you? He clearly had a poor start to this season, and those suspecting that he didn't really want to play for us in the Champs would seem to have a point (though Smith consistently praised his attitude in training). But what was it, three games before he was left out? 

Have to say, I was hoping that the window closing would focus his mind, that we'd keep him around and see what we can get out of him this season. Sargent's currently looking like a really good Championship forward, and I'm not sure how many would have predicted that on July 30th.

I wouldn't quite call it revisionism, he never seemed outright bad for us but he also didn't do anything particularly good. He was just a body taking up a slot for £9m.

Take Sargent, who had (many many) poor appearances but then the occasional game where his work rate/ goals made the difference- ultimately contributed to more points than anything Milot managed.

This season is slightly different, where early on he looked a bit shell-shocked by the physicality, then eventually reappearing against Bournemouth he was outright awful. 

Best case is he goes out on loan for a year, does well and we recoup some money IMO.

• Like 2

He's been a massive disappointment to the point where he's currently been dropped out of the squad completely. Best for both parties he moves on, if we can get our money back I'll be pleased. 

15 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

100%. He was just stringing a few performances together before his injury and then once he was back up to fitness there was no confidence in the squad and nobody was performing.

Despite all that he was one of few that came out of last season with any credibility.

We've got Onel though so you know, I'll fly him to Turkey myself or something original like that.

• Like 1

Galatasaray are a bigger club than us so I guess they see something in him. But if there is no loan fee then getting his wages off our payroll is a start. But we surely need some money for him.

His heart hasn't been in it for a long time.

Never seemed a good fit for Farke's preference for wide players acting as bonus numbers 10s. Not much better under Smith.

One heavily deflected goal and three assists is a poor return for any regular starter.

Just hope we get something close to what we paid for him.

Never really had a chance last season in that team, spent most of it defending but was still our best attacking option until he got demoralised like the rest of them and us!    

Not a bad player, just wrong time to join us.    Not his fault either and its understandable he became demoralised.... he couldn't get on the ball we were that bad and when he did, had few options!   Confidence shot and probably doesn't want to play at this level which doesn't help in rebuilding confidence, hence he's been struggling.... the others are familiar with this level so find it easier to handle perhaps.

Good luck to him. 

Reminds me of Placheta in that he's only quick when he hasn't got the ball at his feet, needs space to run into which isn't as useful to us this year when we'll dominate possession more. Onel is quicker and stronger on the ball and is more committed and settled so it's understandable why he's getting game time over Rashica. If we go up again I'd give Rashica another look but it's a shame he cost so much for us, he looks like a 3-5m sort of quality player

I think this is a waste and another failure on our part of it happens. There is a decent player there who should be a real threat at this level. It’s poor that we can’t get him influencing games, especially as he has a directness that we lack at times away from home. 

i expect he feels the Championship is below him (!), so hasn't really bought into what the club is about. Unlike Argos, Sargeant and even Cantwell. Hopefully the fee quoted was conditional and in that light I doubt he has reached any 'add ons'. Whatever money we get now and ahead is better with us ready for Jan, rather than paying him. Even if it is a loan there will be a saving. The bottom line though is some you win, some you don't. For very Rashica there's a cost effective Gibbs and Sinani, he will soon be forgotten..........unless you have his name on your shirt 🤑

27 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

That's probably true, at times last season he was our most attacking player, and drove us forward with some good runs, but his best moments tended to last 10-20 minutes and he was invisible or knackered the rest of the time.

I think he's just one not suited to the English game, like RVW will probably do ok in other countries top leagues like the Dutch,Portuguese or french, not too sure how we wld do in Turkey which can be quite intense 

• Like 1

Too selfish for our current team, the number of times last season where he carried the ball up the field but never actually fed anyone was really frustrating.

He's much better than what he's shown this season though, we know that from what we've seen - so if he can't get himself up for the challenge, something needs to be done as he then stops being a player and falls into being an asset who's worth we need to manage.

Sad really.

Edited by Google Bot

Webbers premier league recruitment has been consistently shambolic. Hope one day someone be able to hold him to account. Why would he get it right next time if we do get promoted?

Premier League Recruitment 19/20

- Ralf Fahrmann - big loan fee, barely played, loan cut short

- Sam Byram - moderate success when playing but always injured

- Ibrahim Amadou - signed as a DM but played there once, cut loan short

- Patrick Roberts - completely ineffective, loan cut short 

- Lukas Rupp (Winter) - ineffective in premier league, ok in championship

- Josip Drmic (Winter) - clown

Premier League Recruitment 21/22

- Christos Tzolis - bombed out to Holland

- Milot Rashica - bombed out to Turkey

- Josh Sargent - ineffective in prem, championship GOAT in the making

- Pierre Lees Melou - gonner

- Oran Kabak - rubbish

- Matthias Normann - sick note and rubbish

- Brandon Williams - hard worker, always a mistake, parent club now trying to move him on

- Billy Gilmour - ill equipped for our team and tactics, parent club moved him on

- Angus Gunn - done ok when able to get in the team

- Ben Gibson (loan to permanent) - not good enough for prem

- Dimi Giannoulis (loan to permanent) - not good enough for prem

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think this is a waste and another failure on our part of it happens. There is a decent player there who should be a real threat at this level. It’s poor that we can’t get him influencing games, especially as he has a directness that we lack at times away from home. 

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Another recruitment masterclass from Webber.

I'm not sure these two posts are terrifically fair. As a signing he was everything we would want on paper, a goalscoring wide player with trickery and pace at a good age, who Villa were interested in not long before for £30 odd million.

That he's not performed at this level is a bit premature but he did look poor. I'm not sure what more we could have done as in a promotion chasing season if others are playing better they should rightly be ahead of him. Is he going to be happy not starting every game instead second tier with European clubs interested?

• Like 3

I don’t to think it’s revisionism at time he looked good last season.I’m thinking Palace at Home in particular. Enough anyway to suggest he would be more than good enough in the championship.

56 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

This is a genuine question: does anyone else feel there's been a bit of revisionism about him lately? Seems like everyone agrees he's been rubbish for us ever since he signed. But my memory of last season is that he did ok.

A bit. But just a tiny bit. He was, arguably, our marquee summer signing and so was really looked on to contribute. Then we were absolutely terrible but he seemed to have a bit about him—almost alone out of most of our squad aside from Pukki. I think fans desperately wanted him to be great each game and there were some moments. But when you look down at the scoreline and the stat sheet ... it's just not there.

• Like 1