cambridgeshire canary

Why did Sargent come on rather than Sinani then?

He's popular in the dressing room. Mainly because he makes the rest look like professional footballers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Surely ' why did Sargent come on'. Is all you need to ask.

Why did Rashica start is another.

Hernandez and Hugill are mid to lower championship team level yet still 100x more effective than them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

The useless ginger **** is Dean smiths love child.

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Because the manager is a cretin? 🤷

Farke was just as much if not more in love with Sargent. He started primarily under Farke.

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farke was just as much if not more in love with Sargent. He started primarily under Farke.

What choices did Farke have ? wasn’t Idah injured and Hugill on loan

45 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm still trying to work it out.

Let me know when you have.

Because he's well liked in the dressing room!

Seriously I would always play form players. Gibbs and Sinani had great games midweek, and both should have started imo.

One really questions a) can we afford to start Rashica, or should we sell and try buying in someone else, & perhaps the same for Sargent, how many times do you play him "hoping" he'll come good

For me Sinani looks like he'd link up better with Pukki than Sargent.

Thought it strange Sara wasn't even on the bench. Unless he picked up a knock would have thought your record buy would have been on the bench & likley to get more minutes towards match fitness  

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

Because he's well liked in the dressing room!

Seriously I would always play form players. Gibbs and Sinani had great games midweek, and both should have started imo.

One really questions a) can we afford to start Rashica, or should we sell and try buying in someone else, & perhaps the same for Sargent, how many times do you play him "hoping" he'll come good

For me Sinani looks like he'd link up better with Pukki than Sargent.

Thought it strange Sara wasn't even on the bench. Unless he picked up a knock would have thought your record buy would have been on the bench & likley to get more minutes towards match fitness  

Agreed, I would sell Rashica and put Sargent out on loan, Gibbs and Sinani and Ramsey all ahead of those 2

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, city4eva said:

What choices did Farke have ? wasn’t Idah injured and Hugill on loan

Farke sent Hugill out on loan having judged Sargent to be better.

Lets not forget, Farke had a say in signing these players too, lets not go back to the silly merry-go-round of Webber signs all of the players without any input from the head coach.

• Like 2

Smith was asked on Radio Norfolk why he didn't bring Sinani on and his response was he'd already made 4 subs. Well yes we know that, why wasn't he one of them you useless clown!!

• Haha 2

Can’t believe people are even discussing Hugill, he’s as bad if not worse than Sargent! To be honest Pukki looks flipping devoid of any scoring nouse! It’s all down to having the stuffing knocked out of them last year keeping pretty much the same players as a very poor coach who let’s not forget was sacked by Villa the same time as Farke was…….need a fresh injection of new positivity, new manager with a clear vision on how to set up, on a budget and develop younger players….and it needs to be now!

1 hour ago, glory.win or die. said:

Surely ' why did Sargent come on'. Is all you need to ask.

Why did Rashica start is another.

Hernandez and Hugill are mid to lower championship team level yet still 100x more effective than them.

Not the game to be arguing Hernandez’s effectiveness, he was overall really poor today.

Dean Smith's love child along with Kenny.  Smith has delusion Sargent will score goals in Champs.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Giving a new £9M signing a few games at the start of the season is perfectly reasonable. Persevering with the same player a year later when they've proven to be as effective as a wet piece of toilet paper is something altogether different. Same with Rashica. 

2 hours ago, city4eva said:

He is good in the dressing room, that’s what counts

So we're paying two players,Hugill and Sargent £15,000 a week because they're good to have about the dressing room. Could'ny make it up.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Can’t believe people are even discussing Hugill, he’s as bad if not worse than Sargent! To be honest Pukki looks flipping devoid of any scoring nouse! It’s all down to having the stuffing knocked out of them last year keeping pretty much the same players as a very poor coach who let’s not forget was sacked by Villa the same time as Farke was…….need a fresh injection of new positivity, new manager with a clear vision on how to set up, on a budget and develop younger players….and it needs to be now!

As I stated earlier on a different thread, it really shows how poor our squad is when you’ve got Sargent and Hugill as back up strikers to Pukki who clearly seems unhappy too 

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Not the game to be arguing Hernandez’s effectiveness, he was overall really poor today.

Possibly but even that is 100x better than Rashica who is utter ****e which is my argument 

2 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

So we're paying two players,Hugill and Sargent £15,000 a week because they're good to have about the dressing room. Could'ny make it up.

Got to be 25,000 a week. It’s all about team spirit 

3 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Seriously I would always play form players. Gibbs and Sinani had great games midweek, and both should have started imo

Add Hugill to that.... best striker in pre-season, nowhere to be seen.

Hugill might be a limited player, but so is Sargent. For me, Hugill deserved minutes over Sargent for the start of the season, took his goals well against Marseille.