cambridgeshire canary

**Official lappinitup match thread Cardiff v Norwich**

I'm struggling to see where the goals are supposed to come from. None of the midfield really score or create goals. We're missing Dowell at number 10 and I'm yet to be convinced by Rashica or Sargent. I'd be genuinely happier if we were starting with Hernandez and Sinani. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Are we allowed nine on the bench this season? In other words, we can't fill it at the moment?

Nope, 7 subs named of which 5 can be used 

Edit: sorry, now seen it's already been answered 

Edited by Ken Hairy

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

7 (yes SEVEN) new faces/first competitive match in the team debuts for Cardiff today.. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for us

FY6oD2aXgAUijwd?format=jpg&name=small

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

7 (yes SEVEN) new faces/first competitive match in the team debuts for Cardiff today.. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for us

FY6oD2aXgAUijwd?format=jpg&name=small

It was always a good bet that they'd be playing Ojo 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

How good is it not to see wee Billy on the team sheet 🤣

Not enough likes for this comment 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Strong team but lacks flair 

if its a tight Game hopefully Cantwell can roll back a season or two and produce something for Pukki

Grinding out results is not a bad think early on 

It's a good time to play Cardiff whilst they are looking to gel new players, but it's a safe line-up and we should be able to grind out a point.

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Window doesn't shut till the end of the month...😉

In a strange one, I can see Normann turning up again........

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I'm struggling to see where the goals are supposed to come from. None of the midfield really score or create goals. We're missing Dowell at number 10 and I'm yet to be convinced by Rashica or Sargent. I'd be genuinely happier if we were starting with Hernandez and Sinani. 

That's the spirit

• Like 2

I think we are going to have to re-learn how to score “goals” again, remember those?

so unfortunately some patience may be required. But this fanbase understandably has no patience left after one of the most demoralising seasons on record

I'm not so concerned about where goals are going to come from. There is plenty of quality in that side. We will find out after a few games.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's a good time to play Cardiff whilst they are looking to gel new players, but it's a safe line-up and we should be able to grind out a point.

yes i agree 

Result is more important than performance 

i just like to see a playmaker / flair 

but with injuries we have the midifeld will change once others are back or Sara is ready 

Today I would like to see Rashica get his head up and play the ball either to Pukki's feet or into his path as a through-ball.

Plus, not shoot straight at the keeper (Rashica, that is).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

In a strange one, I can see Normann turning up again........

Not now, assuming we get Nunez. And potentially in  a month's time the midfield three will be Hayden, Sara and Nunez. A draw will be a good result today.

17 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Such a relief! Such a huge relief 

imagine being one of those who defended him. Worst player I’ve seen play in a Norwich shirt

The joy of being young is you never got to see Jim Blair or Davie Robb. But I take your point 

Decent lineup but pretty much the only obvious choices though. Looking forward to having Hayden, Sara and Dowell help beef up the selection choices

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not now, assuming we get Nunez. And potentially in  a month's time the midfield three will be Hayden, Sara and Nunez. A draw will be a good result today.

This XI should do more than draw on paper, but we'll see!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The joy of being young is you never got to see Jim Blair or Davie Robb. But I take your point 

Oh, I’m old enough to have seen some carthorses I can assure you. Harry Kane, RVW, Theoklitis (or whatever his name was) Gorman Maric 

If Cantwell, Pukki, Rashica and Sargent can't score at this level then something is wrong with the coaching.

Games are tough in the championship and it might take a few games to get going, but the inherent quality should be there.

32 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Cantwell scored a lot for us in 2020-21 didn't he?

35 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Cantwell is in there to do that.

34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Cantwell at number 10 according to Pink'Un. Interesting to see how he links with Pukki.

296025668_10159135752269811_255788007172

The official ncfc app has a different set up, completely different.