1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Binners 1-0 down to Bolton 

Oh no,say it ain't so😢.............

Just now, kirku said:

Good move, but poor cross from Gian

Yep, decent break but final ball was poor

1 minute ago, kirku said:

Omo been more progressive with the ball than Kenny and Lungi combined

Kenny played a long pass straight to Teemu’s feet when he was on the edge of the box, but don’t let that that stop you slagging him.

They are niggling us and we are letting them get under our skin. We need to stamp authority on this - but ref also needs to sort it out. Far too many soft fouls the second we get into a dangerous position 

Need to move the ball a bit quicker. The way to beat a team fouling for position is to move it at pace.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Not much evidence that Rashica is going to tear up this league so far. We'd have been better starting Onel.

Not sure Sargent doing much either.

I think we look very comfortable and have complete control of this game (for an away side) but our attacking play is not working at all and is lacking fluency so I’m not sure we will make good our superiority. Because if this we are susceptible to a sucker punch from a set piece or counter attack. 

• Like 2

Gonna say it (and risk a good laugh in it being hilariously wrong). I reckon Hugill might come of the bench to score off one of these set-pieces when we finally get one to stick.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not sure Sargent doing much either.

Yeah, but I'm not sure we were expecting him to, were we?!

This ref is an utter joke. Clearly never played football in his life. They had a former player reffing the Germany v France semi final in the women's Euros and she was excellent. When are we going to start promoting people who actually know the game to referee, rather than the picked-last-in-PE losers we give whistles to currently?

No one who has played above Salhouse Rovers level would have played advantage there.

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Kenny played a long pass straight to Teemu’s feet when he was on the edge of the box, but don’t let that that stop you slagging him.

It's a match thread, my posts will be 90% reactive nonsense and 10% jokes

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think we look very comfortable and have complete control of this game (for an away side) but our attacking play is not working at all and is lacking fluency so I’m not sure we will make good our superiority. Because if this we are susceptible to a sucker punch from a set piece or counter attack. 

I'm going to disagree slightly.

I don't think it's our attacking play "not working", it's Cardiff deploying some Millwall-esque tactics aided by the laxity of the ref, and preventing us from being able to form flowing or quick attacks. That leaves us with often having to attack them when they have reset and have ten players behind the ball. 

Nothing fancy about Cardiff at all, but we have to hold our nerve and be patient and find that break through.

We'll get this a fair bit this season.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

Just now, kirku said:

It's a match thread, my posts will be 90% reactive nonsense and 10% jokes

TBF, that will be 10% more entertaining than most. 👍

Just now, Nuff Said said:

TBF, that will be 10% more entertaining than most. 👍

Harsh, but fair

Obviously there's a long way to go but initial observations:

• Rashica and Sargent look just as good in the Championship as they did in the Premier League. 
  • Sorensen looks decent at CDM. 
  • The officiating at this level is awful.
  • We're desperate for some quality from set pieces. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chicken said:

I'm going to disagree slightly.

I don't think it's our attacking play "not working", it's Carfiff deploying some Millwall-esque tactics aided by the laxity of the ref, and preventing us from being able to form flowing or quick attacks. That leaves us with often having to attack them when they have reset and have ten players behind the ball. 

Nothing fancy about Cardiff at all, but we have to hold our nerve and be patient and find that break through.

We'll get this a fair bit this season.

Which is why set-pieces are so important. There's your instant leveller for that sort of thing. Problem is, we've not many who are consistently dangerous in attack from them. You'd think Hanley would get more goals than he does.

• Like 1