cambridgeshire canary

**Official lappinitup match thread Cardiff v Norwich**

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Cantwell actually making some sort of positive effort makes me believe I’m in some alternate universe

Don't lie, you were first in line for his shampoo and conditioner gift set at Roy's.

Specifically formulated by Todd himself to reduce tangles 

Smells like Smith wants us winning free kicks on the wings. Not sure why we'd do that when we've rarely had anyone who could consistently deliver a tasty set-piece. Or anyone consistently dangerous in the air in the opposite penalty box.

Got a suspicion Hugill could come off the bench and score one when a cross gets floated.

Only 20 minutes gone, so it could all change, but so far Cantwell is the only one looking like doing anything. McLean anonymous, Rashica looks rubbish.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Only 20 minutes gone, so it could all change, but so far Cantwell is the only one looking like doing anything. McLean anonymous, Rashica looks rubbish.

Harsh to say Kenny's been anonymous when, at least according to the teamsheet, there's a big ginger American bloke out there somewhere

Morison becomes the Cardiff manager and turns them into... his old club, Millwall. 

Just now, kirku said:

Harsh to say Kenny's been anonymous when, at least according to the teamsheet, there's a big ginger American bloke out there somewhere

True, but when you play out wide that can happen. If you're centre mid on the other hand...

Early days but I think we’re far more focussed on our off-the-ball positioning. There’s a discipline to our shape. That feels like the key for me. It’s like learning a new style. It feels unnatural because of Farkeball but there is a Smith identity. 
Chances will come. 
Cardiff haven’t bothered us yet. 

• Like 1

Clearest professional foul / shirt pull by O'Dowda I've seen for ages.  Still no yellow.  Wind up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

True, but when you play out wide that can happen. If you're centre mid on the other hand...

Hard to see him and Sorensen in the middle as anything but incredibly pedestrian

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

Be fair to Josh - he hasn't fallen over once yet. That's progress.

OTBC

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Be fair to Josh - he hasn't fallen over once yet. That's progress.

OTBC

But once you take his main attribute out of the equation, what's left?

Notice how high our full backs push on when our CBs have the ball. Sorensen drops right between the CBs, and we spread out and make the pitch wide. 
Seems a little too gappy for me, but I think that’s because we’re looking to transition the ball front to back a lot quicker. Rather than a steady slow build up. 

Just now, Nuff Said said:

WTAF? Aarons shoved over and nothing given?

30cm away from the lino 

That interception from Romeo looked iffy too, studs right up, but might have just been the angle.

1 minute ago, Mr. Raumdeuter III said:

Seems a little too gappy for me, but I think that’s because we’re looking to transition the ball front to back a lot quicker. Rather than a steady slow build up. 

This happened the last promotion season a lot, in that we'd play the steady slow build up, to find ten men behind the ball. To get past that we need to be a bit quicker and not give them the time to get huge numbers back.

If you notice, that's also when they foul us. To stop us getting at them with pace with any opportunity to get numbers over on them. 

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Errr....you lost me at 'main attribute'?

His winning smile?

His glossy hair?

OTBC

His ability to fall over

• Haha 1