Yellow Green Army

Farke to replace Webber

Perfect appointment. Out of work, knows the club inside out, loves Norwich.

Webber doesn’t want to be here, thanks for everything you have done for the club but move on, let someone who is 100% committed to the cause and good luck with Everest.

Farke always said he saw himself as a Sporting Director, would he want to come?

Would he want the position? Would he want to work with Smith, Shakespeare, Adams and Co or has he unsettled business as a coach.

• Like 2

I love the idea of Farke coming back and I know at one point it was mooted that Farke could move up stairs when Webber left and then bring in a manager.

Certainly an intriguing idea but I have no idea if Farke actually has the skills to take on this kind of role?

Ironically, given the current situation with Webber, my main concern would that Farke is just too nice and not ruthless enough for the role.

Would he want to come back under the present board? Can't see it after they sacked him. 

Would it not just pile way more pressure on the current manager/head coach knowing he's watching in the stands?

Sounds nice, but I don't feel for one minute that it would go down very well at all with Dean Smith (and Shakey.)

It would be an absolute millstone around the neck of any future manager though. The second results started to turn fans would immediately be calling for Farke to step back in.

53 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Ironically, given the current situation with Webber, my main concern would that Farke is just too nice and not ruthless enough for the role.

Hmm, think Cantwell and Buendia might have something to say about that!  Don't cross him ....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

It would be an absolute millstone around the neck of any future manager though. The second results started to turn fans would immediately be calling for Farke to step back in.

Yeah, I can't see Dean Smith being particularly happy were that to happen.

On 29/03/2021 at 09:14,  king canary said: 

I think the Farke as Sporting Director comment is a bit taken out of context- he suggested he never thought he'd want to be a coach as it was too short term so preferred the SD idea but having become a coach he enjoys and is good at it. He might want to become an SD further down the line but I'd be surprised if he decided to call time on his coaching career at the end of next season. 

Re Kieran Scott- it would maybe depend who Webber joined but it was interesting to see him quoted in a Michael Bailey piece today as being upfront that his ambition is to become an SD- he might seem the most natural internal candidate although Bailey also mentioned Steve Weaver and Neil Adams.

The problem with Head Coaches (and traditional Managers) @king canary is that they become lightning rods for all club ailments.

Sporting Directors can ‘live forever’ Head Coaches cannot. 

Thus Farke as Sporting Director (or grander) would be a pre-emptive way to preserve his influence into the future and develop the Club.

Any business should try to be creative to hold on to its key assets. I doubt there is enough of anything to keep Webber when he chooses to go. Farke might be a different story, though some advance vision may be required ( @TIL 1010)

Parma 

@king canary @TIL 1010

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy

I can see Neil Adams keeping an assistant Dof role with Webber leaving/sacked with a new Dof coming in. Can't see that being Farke unless they want to regain the vision we had before.

I don't see Smith as a long term solution somehow. He stepped into the role as it was incredibly convenient and won't go the distance.

The reality is the current BOD don't know whether they want a sh1t or a haircut, so don't be surprised if nothing happens!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Webber doesn’t want to be here, thanks for everything you have done for the club but move on, let someone who is 100% committed to the cause and good luck with Everest.

Would he want the position? Would he want to work with Smith, Shakespeare, Adams and Co or has he unsettled business as a coach.

IF DF had anything to do with the poor recruitment this season, why on earth would you want him as Sporting Director?

If Webber walks, Neil Adams will be promoted. Andy Hughes as his assistant, new face as loans manager. That's the structure now, and Dean Smith is happy with it. If we don't start well next season, get ready for Russell Martin as the new coach.

The most interesting thing is whether Zoe Ward stays as a Director or follows her partner out of the door. Maybe Webber stays as a "consultant"?

2 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Like others have stated does he have the wherewithal to take up such a position. Probably would be better suited on the board.

Edited by CrankyCanary

16 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Would he want to come back under the present board? Can't see it after they sacked him. 

Would it not just pile way more pressure on the current manager/head coach knowing he's watching in the stands?

The board was simply responding to pressure from a vocal section of fans to remove Farke. Let's not forget the huge emphasis on the 'worst ever premier league record', conveniently ignoring the phenomenal championship success, in advocating his dismissal that persisted in these pages.

Ultimately the club did what fans wanted. All replacing the board would achieve would be to introduce a new set of scapegoats for the next moment that the club failed to meet a small set of toxic fans' unrealistic expectations. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

21 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Given we need results, this kind of pressure (I see it as encouragement) sounds ideal!...

20 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Rule One....'Never go Back'.....

Rule Two....'Weren't you paying attention?'.....

Football seems to be about trends (you should do this or that) but it shouldn't matter if Farke has been here before...if he's the best man for the job then bring him back! I would argue that he has unfinished business here anyway. He fits our model and he's a brilliant coach!

Edited by tea total
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tea total said:

Football seems to be about trends (you should do this or that) so it shouldn't matter if Farke has been here before...if he's the best man for the job then bring him back! I would argue that he has unfinished business here anyway. He fits our model and he's a brilliant coach!

If Webbo's still here do you think Daniel would be keen to return?.....

Farke didn’t leave on good terms. He was sacked for basically blaming everyone else for the teams poor start so he was relieved of his duties. 

The club aren’t going to pay someone £4m compo and bring them back. Get over it, he’s gone. 

On the plus side....If Daniel did return the won't have to paint over his mural on the side of 'The Fat Cat an' The Canary'.....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The board was simply responding to pressure from a vocal section of fans to remove Farke. Let's not forget the huge emphasis on the 'worst ever premier league record', conveniently ignoring the phenomenal championship success, in advocating his dismissal that persisted in these pages.

Ultimately the club did what fans wanted. All replacing the board would achieve would be to introduce a new set of scapegoats for the next moment that the club failed to meet a small set of toxic fans' unrealistic expectations. 

Did it do what the fans wanted? I am a fan and I am not represented by an annoying little group of kiddies with a drum and a couple of gob****es with a podcast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

If Webbo's still here do you think Daniel would be keen to return?.....

I couldn't tell you! Mr Farke doesn't seem to have a ego so that could help. And when at elite football level personal feelings have to be put aside when decisions have to be made so I'm sure Farke would've understood that. You'd like to think that some people on here have realised that Farke wasn't the problem...its about the money. And if the club did take a little gamble an start to invest more then Farke has shown that he can be trusted to play good football with success. With that little bit extra 💰 he would be able to take his footballing philosophy to the next level. The partnership wasn't broken...it just needed some patience and a little fixing. Some fans want instant success and it's not going to happen here. Farke understands that and so does Webber.

Ask Daniel cos I reckon we'd stand a good chance of a return.

3 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Farke didn’t leave on good terms. He was sacked for basically blaming everyone else for the teams poor start so he was relieved of his duties. 

The club aren’t going to pay someone £4m compo and bring them back. Get over it, he’s gone. 

Thought it was £1m his pay off?

8 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Farke was right to lay some blame with others imo. Farke won't get asked to come back but yeah...I wish he would! Bit difficult to get over a short sighted sacking of a coach who was the best we've had. But moving forward it's D Smith x 2 and Co by the looks of things

On 25/04/2022 at 11:46, Yellow Green Army said:

Good shout.