Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

Dowell is a passenger.

I am really sorry, because I never criticise players, but Kieron Dowell is, as ever, miles off the pace. 

Edited by Pugin
  • Confused 2

Garbage. What match are you watching? He's done more in 45 minutes than Gilmore has all season. Open your eyes. And you never criticise players.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sgncfc said:

Garbage. What match are you watching? He's done more in 45 minutes than Gilmore has all season. Open your eyes. And you never criticise players.

Agree. I thought he was good early on. Has technique and time on the ball because of it and looks to play progressive, forward passes. Give me that over Gilmour playing it around the back 4 all day.

He's probably the most progressive player we have now Cantwell, Vrancic, Buendia have gone. However, I do think he's Cantwell-esque in being a bit fragile defensively and not the best off the ball. Been tidy and effective in possession so far this time out though.

• Like 1

I'm no massive Dowell fan, but he's head and shoulders above anything Gilmour has ever offered us. (Not much granted). 

• Like 2

What a strange thread, he’s looked decent considering his lack of game time.

He has looked tidy on the ball and a lovely ball over the top for Pukki in first half which the keeper just got there before Teemu.

he is a good championship player where we are afforded more of the ball and impetus to go forwards. Sadly for the vast majority of teams we play we are forced to have much lower possession and so having players like Dowell, Cantwell then look massively ineffective players because of their lack of pace, aggression and strength in challenges. 

so todays home game with Burnley is a rare opportunity for Dowell to have more of the ball and play to his strengths 

Agree with the majority. Thought he looked ok, which in a season of utter dross, I'll take in a heart beat. Think he'll be an important part of next season's team. 

Thought Dowell was good today..I'd not play Gilmour again to be honest. Stick with those that will be with us next season

Honestly, I wonder why people who clearly have such a limited understanding of the game bother commenting. Dowell linked the play incredibly well today. His work off the ball was excellent and he created loads of space for our other attacking players to exploit.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pugin said:

I am really sorry, because I never criticise players, but Kieron Dowell is, as ever, miles off the pace. 

You know nothing about football.

Dowell isn't really physically good enough for the Premier League but he was still one of our better players today. Having his quality on the ball led to us playing a lot more Pukki-friendly type of passes.

• Like 2

I was really impressed the way Dowell played today. Best performance I've ever seen from him. Had also upped his work rate to totally different level than usual.

I thought he did look a bit off the pace for the first 10-15 minutes (hardly surprising since he's played very little lately), but came into the game well as the match went on. 

Played really well, certainly not my choice for the wing, but I’d be looking to start that three behind Pukki next year and Dowell as the number ten might work well. Decent enough today, though the Burnley side are dreadful!

Dowell is like a lot of our players, including Krul, Hanley and Pukki, in that he gets rusty if not playing competitive football. We saw him play a few games in a row last season and he got better and better, but as I remember it then got injured and didn’t get a similar run again. Posters are far too quick to write players off. 

He's a tidy player who can pass a bit. This season he hasn't made much of an impact when he's been given the chance to impress.

But as he showed last season, he can be effective in the Championship.

Hes a bit too weak and doesn't work hard enough off the ball. But he's a very tidy player when he's on the ball. 

Did not set the world on fire but did alrght. Never bee fond of him on the wing (Rowe should have started!) and feel he should be played more as an attacking midfielder but yeah, did alright today

I think Dowells too lightweight for the top flight but he done well today albeit against a team who will be with us in the Championship next season.

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Dowell isn't really physically good enough for the Premier League but he was still one of our better players today. Having his quality on the ball led to us playing a lot more Pukki-friendly type of passes.

Yet again, succinctly put. You should masterclass in clear and concise posts! 😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Yet again, succinctly put. You should masterclass in clear and concise posts! 😉

Thanks mate but I think my fan club only has one member and that's you 😅

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Seriously, the amount of absolute ****e we have to wade through when a few posters like yourself are like “bam bam bam” no nonsense-getting-to-the-crux is a breath of fresh air. You’re not overtly positive and not soul crushingly negative, so it makes for a refreshing read. 

I’ll happily remain a fan fella ✌

So long as you’re not like “Dean Smith out because he’s not galvanised a squad that was never his”… then and only then might I question you 😉

Edited by Danke bitte
Blah blah blah
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

He's probably the most progressive player we have now Cantwell, Vrancic, Buendia have gone. However, I do think he's Cantwell-esque in being a bit fragile defensively and not the best off the ball. Been tidy and effective in possession so far this time out though.

And also the best we have at free kicks.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Nope.

• Thanks 1