Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The worst thing about this season is..

The best thing though is Cambridge has secured the spot of Captain Threadstarter General and really made it his own 

Edited by NFN FC
  • Haha 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

And?

Proud of you mate, that's all 

31 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

.... the results

No, it's the performances. I could take losing if we were still playing proper football. It's the total abandonment of everything Farke worked into the club.

• Like 7

...the fact that it's yet another season of surrender. 

I can handle relegation but ffs at least make a fight of it. It's going to be another sub 30 points score (if we even get to 20).

The word for that is pathetic.

OTBC

• Like 1

I disagree Cambridge. The worst part of this season is the realisation of just how much of a closed shop the EPL is and always will be.

Never had the old "it's the hope that kills you quote" felt more apt.

For me, the worst thing is that we have thrown away the style of football we developed over several seasons under Farke for no benefit whatsoever - in fact, probably to our long-term loss.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Petriix said:

No, it's the performances. I could take losing if we were still playing proper football. It's the total abandonment of everything Farke worked into the club.

Pretty short memory, I didn’t see much proper football this year under Farke either.

• Like 3

The worst thing about this season is that we have completely lost our identity and are drifting towards the rocks rudderless with no chairman or CEO at the helm.We have a clown of a Sporting Director who we have no chance of shifting once his Mrs is appointed to be board this week.

The expression the future is bright the future is yellow is a distant memory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I could forgive them if they looked as though they were giving 100% in every game.

But for the most part they look as if they really don’t care, and that is unforgivable!

Edited by deltic31

The worst thing is ... apparently big lessons were learned after the last relegation BUT we failed to buy in the big, physical, fast athletes THEY confessed we needed.

Hence .................... we are as flimsy, breakable, plodding and predictable as before AND IT WAS ALL SO OBVIOUSLY GOING TO REPEAT ITSELF!

The other worst thing is we sold Buendia and WASTED the money ... utterly wasted it 

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

Short memory.  We were getting thrashed every week under DF too.

Norwich gained promotion for three reasons , empty stadiums , Buendia and Skipp, takeaway those factors and City would've struggled to get in the play offs. The moment Buendia was sold and Skipp wasn't returning we were effectively going to sink without trace .Norwich can only afford to buy decent Championship standard players ....unless we find a billionaire the celling for Norwich City is the Championship. 

The worst thing about this season is that there is still a chunk of supporters who continue to want to spout about how lucky we are to have our current owners, who would rather the rest of us just accept that we no longer belong in the top tier of English football and that without Delia providing some sort of moral compass and protection from unscrupulous owners our club would descend into some evil cult. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

The worst thing about this season is that there is still a chunk of supporters who continue to want to spout about how lucky we are to have our current owners, who would rather the rest of us just accept that we no longer belong in the top tier of English football and that without Delia providing some sort of moral compass and protection from unscrupulous owners our club would descend into some evil cult. 

Trouble is where do you look for a wealthy owner now? Russians are banned, Chinese have withdrawn their support, there is really only the USA left and they are only interested in making a profit.

13 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

The transparency has been replaced by a blanket of quiet…. There’s no longer a sense of us all together in this.    Hope the club can retrieve that next season.   

Good point actually. That's one of the things Farke brought, great engagement with the fans, even in his own quirky style. We bought into his philosophy and believed it, and tolerated Webber's brusqueness. Smith doesn't seem to have a plan and Webber seems to have disappeared, or keeping his head down. 

• Like 2

WTF was our identity under DF? Running away with the Championship but no clue in the Premier League.

Let it go.

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Good point actually. That's one of the things Farke brought, great engagement with the fans, even in his own quirky style. We bought into his philosophy and believed it, and tolerated Webber's brusqueness. Smith doesn't seem to have a plan and Webber seems to have disappeared, or keeping his head down. 

This is so true. Honestly think Farke will be my favourite manager of all time  nb favourite not best. I’m 49 so have lived through some better and much more successful managers. But he just had a charm about him that willed you to hope that he was successful. Something that players and fans shared and led to a couple of wonderful seasons where we played probably the best football I’ve ever seen Norwich play (admittedly I have wiped my memory of disastrous premier campaigns…but at least the last one had the Man City win…this one has offered nothing).

Talksport, Mark Lawrenson, all newspaper sports writers, Jane who works in the chip shop and all my friends at work called it right. We would go down (again) this season, immediately after promotion. 

If you are allowed to disregard the 10 games in Project Restart, we were actually a bit better two years ago, certainly before Christmas. And we were shíte two years ago. 

We held on against Brentford in DF's last game & somehow beat Southampton back in November and went 4 games unbeaten. Then another 4 games unbeaten in January, early Feb. Other than that, we have been garbage. 

The players look spent & out of ideas. It seems that Smith & Shakey have recognised our lack of competitiveness in midfield and have sought ways to get around that. Idah getting crocked certainly didn't help in that regard. These recent Brentford & Leeds results/performances have shown us to be bereft of belief and/or ideas. It's pretty grim at the moment.

I hope that for next season, we can at the very least outdo our pathetic points total from two years ago and get a few positive results & performances. There was a bit of a context with that strange Project Restart period, but that's not the case now. This could get ugly.

Edited by paddycanary
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The worst thing about this season is that we have completely lost our identity and are drifting towards the rocks rudderless with no chairman or CEO at the helm.We have a clown of a Sporting Director who we have no chance of shifting once his Mrs is appointed to be board this week.

The expression the future is bright the future is yellow is a distant memory.

I'm not sure the lack of a chairman is particularly damaging but the boardroom needs some invigorating fresh blood from outside, as opposed to an internal promotion. That said, Ward can still be comfortably outvoted if Webber really does end up deserving to be called a clown. As it stands his achievements still outweigh the mistakes of what has been a thoroughly dispiriting season, and he should be given a chance to make amends this summer.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I'm not sure the lack of a chairman is particularly damaging but the boardroom needs some invigorating fresh blood from outside, as opposed to an internal promotion. That said, Ward can still be comfortably outvoted if Webber really does end up deserving to be called a clown. As it stands his achievements still outweigh the mistakes of what has been a thoroughly dispiriting season, and he should be given a chance to make amends this summer.

Webber had his chance to make amends after our last shambolic season in the Premier. No Chairman and no CEO has led to a not very happy ship within Carrow Road with staff leaving lefrt right and centre in all departments. Customer / supporter relations have lost staff, the media office has lost two members of staff in recent weeks for starters.