Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The worst thing about this season is..

I've worked at a few places, and it's always the same...

Things seem great for a little while, then the demographic changes, people become disgruntled for whatever reasons and then start spreading their negativity to the susceptible

I'm not sure we should read too much about members of staff being unhappy. 

It's (working) life.

The worst thing this season: how we can have glimpses of how well we can perform in phases against even the better teams, only to revert to the Norwich we've come to expect the next match, or even the next half. I know injuries, Covid haven't helped. 

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I've worked at a few places, and it's always the same...

Things seem great for a little while, then the demographic changes, people become disgruntled for whatever reasons and then start spreading their negativity to the susceptible

I'm not sure we should read too much about members of staff being unhappy. 

It's (working) life.

Often it could be that they are working with a boss that understands them and listens to them. Perhaps (I emphasise the 'perhaps') Ben Kensell?  Then perhaps they are then cast in a situation in which that isn't the case?

A good organisation should seek to retain good people and/or continue good practice in order to retain staff. If staff are unhappy that should be a question which the organisation asks itself at the highest levels and, if appropriate, react and proact accordingly.

The worst thing about this season is that it feels we’re no longer building towards something. A long stay as an established club in the premier league - of the Palace or Southampton kind - is further away than ever.

This season in particular was meant to be the one where we splash the cash and have a right good go. Instead we’ve slid further backwards.

While the club structure remains the way it is I have no excitement about the future. I don’t have fear either I hasten to add, I don’t think we’ll slip down the leagues. But we’ve hit upon the ceiling and can currently go no further, we’ve seen to the end of this universe. And that’s the worst part.

Edited by WD40

Another thing is we never seem to have a game plan. We seemed to approach the Leeds game exactly the same way as the Chelsea first half, total fear of the opposition.

Brentford is another example. We should have approached that the same way as Leeds did against us. Often I don't see how our line-ups and tactics are set up to achieve anything.

Against 10 men Newcastle most of the game, and we played for a draw.

I can accept being totally on the back foot against the better clubs, but we have looked inferior against the worst and never really got at them.

On 13/03/2022 at 16:02, cambridgeshire canary said:

That Talksport were right and now have got the last laugh.

And that really does hurt to say.

I said they were right all along.

It was obvious the club was going to be ill-equipped for this level of football just as it was two years' ago. If you are not going to pay EPL wages to get EPL experience then relegation will always follow. Whoever thought that you can do the EPL as a Championship club?

Had they made a few statement signings such as the boy Bowen or the boy Origi or the boy Abraham then things would have been different.

Dean Smith always blames refs and/or VAR. He's famous for it. Ask the Villa fans... and now it's happening here. A bad workman always blames his tools

Edited by Michael Starr

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

Dean Smith always blames refs and/or VAR. He's famous for it. Ask the Villa fans... and now it's happening here. A bad workman never blames his...

Ironic given Villa only stayed up due to bad tech and all..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Dean Smith always blames refs and/or VAR. He's famous for it. Ask the Villa fans... and now it's happening here. A bad workman always blames his tools

To be fair their first could/should have disallowed, it was a clear red card and we were denied a penalty. Not looking for excuses but that was a harsh sequence of events.

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

Often it could be that they are working with a boss that understands them and listens to them. Perhaps (I emphasise the 'perhaps') Ben Kensell?  Then perhaps they are then cast in a situation in which that isn't the case?

A good organisation should seek to retain good people and/or continue good practice in order to retain staff. If staff are unhappy that should be a question which the organisation asks itself at the highest levels and, if appropriate, react and proact accordingly.

I agree. Quite often they don't, or don't care, at least until it's too late.

On 13/03/2022 at 13:35, Naturalcynic said:

Short memory.  We were getting thrashed every week under DF too.

Therefore....the point being....Farke wasn't the problem and now we're worse because we've lost any idea of identity.

Did you see the way Palace defence worked hard v Man City. Also how Burnley fight so hard. That’s what we never do.

we are light weight in comparison with no fighting spirit whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

Did you see the way Palace defence worked hard v Man City. Also how Burnley fight so hard. That’s what we never do.

we are light weight in comparison with no fighting spirit whatsoever.

I'm not sure you should hold Burnley up on that pedestal. They've had the benefit of consecutive Premier league seasons and therefore the potential spending to go with it and they're not much better off than us. In fact, all that fighting so hard has got them one less win than us!

15 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

The ref/ officials are not the manager's tools. The players are. He has not generally blamed them, although has pointed out individual mistakes.

Leeds lacked quality, but it was clear the importance of the game had been drilled into them and their commitment to the cause was impressive. We showed that for about the last 5 mins.

Our players didn't want as much and I have to say the manager didn't look as if he did either.

A sad state of affairs really.

Probably to see a few very vocal fans somehow think that everything is easy and that sacking people at the club, playing different players, would make all the difference between where we are now and being a nailed on mid table side. Then to watch the same people bash others whilst stating they are the "realists" and accuse anyone that doesn't agree of being "apologists".

Kind of fed up of the silly divisional politics we are seeing too much of these days. Playground rubbish that should be quashed at infant school - not demonstrated and portrayed as admirable by adults.