Krul, Hanley, Aarons and in the future Omobamidele and Idah (based on his latest few games playing as the main striker in a two).

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Only Krul and Rashica out of the permanently contracted lot.

I'd add Williams out of the loanees.

That's it.

Hanley and Byram too

From a proven ability perspective, just Krul for me. Sounds terrible to say that but I can't see how I could name anyone else. 

GK - Krul is definitely PL quality

DF - Byram, Aarons, and Hanley. I think Omobamidele could be in the future

MF - Rashica. Sargent isn’t yet but before this season he had no experience, which was why it took him so long to get going, and I do believe he could be in the future as he’s only just turned 22. If Tzolis turns out in the Championship how we were hoping him to turn out this season I might believe he could be, as he only turned 20 in January. Rowe’s still only 19 and after how impressive he’s been recently when considering before this season he was yet to make a first team appearance for us, I do believe he could be in the future

FW - Pukki is at the moment, but I think in a couple of years he will be past it in the PL. I think Idah could be in the future

At this moment in time only Krul and Rashica for me. Aarons can be but is not playing well enough at the moment to be counted as premier League. Pukki also could be be and possibly even is but with the service he's getting it's hard to tell. Captain America I'm sorry is not. He lacks the very basic skills. He tries to make up for it with effort but at 22 years old, I feel if you haven't covered the basics you never will. Idah could be but we have only seen him playing to that level for so few games it's hard to tell. Also he never looks like scoring to me. More a Heskey type player who makes things happen for others. He's a possible. The rest are either on loan or are players I don't see any other premier League team even looking at if/when we go down.

I think there is a few who if playing in a better team wouldn’t look out of place in the Premiership, trouble is there are no good PL level players dragging the overall standard up. A Courtino or an Erickson playing alongside would raise most of our MF players to looking ok at this level

Only Krul, Aarons, Byram, Raschica. Pukki too in a team that has some possession. Problem is, when we are on the back foot, his clever runs but lack of ability to make the ball stick is a problem and we may be better off with a worse player with some strength / aerial presence.

I'm shocked anyone thinks Hanley is Premier League quality. Decent in the air but that's it. Can't pass or control it, turning circle of a lorry, goes to sleep too often. 

Krul and Rashica. 

Pukki as a bit part striker. Byram as a bit part defender.

Williams can play out of our loan players and Normann would play better in a better side.

Edited by 7HAR1980
  • Like 1

Krul and Rashica are the only two I could see playing regularly for another side, Aarons and Omobonadiele are ones I could see being used to develop. Everyone else has no chance of walking into another PL side at current showing, possibly Normann.

Oh, apart from Gilmour who must be able to walk on water given he somehow walks into our first XI each week 🧐

8 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Sargent isn’t yet but before this season he had no experience, which was why it took him so long to get going, and I do believe he could be in the future as he’s only just turned 22.

I thought after his Watford exploits he’d shaken off those early season jitters but he really hasn’t…at one point on Saturday he received the ball around the half-way line on the right wing, turned and passed it beautifully to our bench - I’m sure he’s a lovely person, and I don’t doubt at all that he’s got the right physical stats to make him appealing as a gamble but it’s one that hasn’t worked. Would love to be proved wrong, but he’s never going to be a Premier League regular.

Out of the current lot we actually own I’d suggest Krul, Aarons, Byram and Rashica are good enough to actually be regulars for other sides in the league…Omabamidele looks like he’ll make it, and I’d possibly argue that players like Rupp and Sorensen *may* have found their feet in an average top-flight side if played consistently (bit like Surman did for Bournemouth).

Williams is the only decent Premier League loan that Webber has secured. Would love to make that a permanent move, but know there’s very little chance of that.

Krul, Hanley, Aarons, Byram, Rashica, Omobamideli, Williams, Cantwell, I would say.

PLM is getting closer, unfortunately the rest are getting further and further away from the quality required.

Confidence is a huge factor and several of our players have potential to be better, but we're well short of being a capable Premier League team at this point in time.

It's a shame we have had 2 coaches, 3 if you include Shakey  who just can't get this lot playing.

Todd Cantwell, or at least according to a poster on the Cherries forum:-

"He will easily be able to hold his own if we go up as he is a good Premier League player. Could kick on to become a really great flair player for us."

I was a great Cantwell fan and expected him to be the standout star of the team this season following Buendia's departure. It seems that he has found his mojo again at Bournemouth, with comments in abundance commending his work-rate, his passion and his skill.

One notable poster's assessment was that he "floats around like Grealish, but without the attitude." Hmm.

Where would we be now if we had had a fully focussed Todd Cantwell in the team for the entirety of Dean Smith's time here? The sort of flair that has been missing as we are forced to persist with our midfield of predictability. 

How much set in concrete is that transfer deal? I, for one, would want him back in the entirely unlikely event that the player himself would ever consider a return. We will never quite know why, though.

B-gger the £10m. Cantwell in the side next season would improve our promotion chances 100%, imo.

Edited by BroadstairsR

13 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"He will easily be able to hold his own if we go up as he is a good Premier League player. Could kick on to become a really great flair player for us."

I was a great Cantwell fan and expected him to be the standout star of the team this season following Buendia's departure. It seems that he has found his mojo again at Bournemouth, with comments in abundance commending his work-rate, his passion and his skill.

One notable poster's assessment was that he "floats around like Grealish, but without the attitude." Hmm.

Where would we be now if we had had a fully focussed Todd Cantwell in the team for the entirety of Dean Smith's time here? The sort of flair that has been missing as we are forced to persist with our midfield of predictability. 

How much set in concrete is that transfer deal? I, for one, would want him back in the entirely unlikely event that the player himself would ever consider a return. We will never quite know why, though.

B-gger the £10m. Cantwell in the side next season would improve our promotion chances 100%, imo.

The world has changed a bit since the loan was agreed, and a lot will change further over the coming weeks. I believe Bournemouth are under Russian ownership, for now, so I wouldn't be surprised if any deal to buy falls through.

27 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Think there's more chance of us signing Ronaldo than Cantwell wanting to come back to us.. Even more so given he's a regular starter for Bournmouth and they are going up to the Prem and all

12 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

who do you think is genuine premiership quality? 

my answer; krul, Pukki, Hanley, Rashica, Aarons (when on form) Norman 

That is it 

I think that the OP has raised (probably unintentionally?) an interesting question.

How many players of "genuine premiership quality" would you expect  championship team, even a op one, to hold? I would suggest not many - why would players stay in the Championship when they are of premiership quality?

Therefore it kind of suggests that newly promoted clubs are likely to be short of "proven premiership quality." Upon promotion they have to buy it. Problem here is that a newly promoted club is bottom of the list that any player of "genuine premiership quality" wants to join.

Want to know why the vast majority of promoted clubs are relegated in year one or year two (regardless of ownership model) - as OP states "this is it."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

who do you think is genuine premiership quality?

To tell the truth I think that genuine premiership qualitity isn't a useful metric. There are levels of this, I would suggest along the lines of 1) Big 6/7 Starter 2) Big Six squad member 3) Starter at the next 6/7 clubs 4) Squad player at next 6/7 5) Starter at bottom 6.

On that scale I would think at best Aarons is a 4, and we probably have half a dozen (take you own pick) at 5.

20 minutes ago, BigFish said:

To tell the truth I think that genuine premiership qualitity isn't a useful metric. There are levels of this, I would suggest along the lines of 1) Big 6/7 Starter 2) Big Six squad member 3) Starter at the next 6/7 clubs 4) Squad player at next 6/7 5) Starter at bottom 6.

On that scale I would think at best Aarons is a 4, and we probably have half a dozen (take you own pick) at 5.

Yes, I've always thought like that and the idea of a Premier League quality player is based upon a false premise due to the various tiers within that league.

More recently, and probably due to the fact that in recent years more money has been poured in than ever before I now see it as top eight (give or take) and the rest.

Look at Brighton a couple of games ago. That game was reviewed by many as Premier League against Chumps, and rightly so. I  hardly see Brighton as anything other than Premier League fodder who will likely be strugglers sooner rather than later, yet they looked a league above us in class.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Soccerbot's Premiership quality.....Soccerbot will deffo put us in good stead if the unfortunate occurs and we're back in the Championship come this August....

Crank Soccerbot up to number Eleven and let's hit the ground running in the Championship....

Turn it up to IE 11 with Goverlan – Goverlan Remote Support Blog Spinal Tap' turns 35: 11 times the world cranked the rock love to 11

It depends how you define and measure Premiership quality. Southampton bought Adam Armstrong for £15m and he's only managed 2 goals. Is he Prem quality, as that would would bring Pukki, Rashica and even Sargent into the frame.

IMO Krul, Aarons,  Byram, Rashica, Omobamidele, Williams, Pukki, maybe Normann (although on current form Aarons and Normann are struggling)

I wouldn't include Cantwell as a) he was given a fresh start under Smith and looked woeful, and b) currently in Championship, so you can't evidence he's prem quality based on 2-3 years ago performances

Kabak an' young Tzolis looked Premiership Quality watching the game on Saturday whilst sat in the Directionless Box.....Not long before they make the bench.....maybe?.....