Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v West Ham(PL) *****

Just now, WD40 said:

I feel like we could have signed Bowen in our first Farke promotion season but didn’t want to fork out the money.

Jarred Bowen...Dean Windass all over again

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

**** poor from Gibson. Could forgive Antonio beating him like that but Bowen?

Another fabulous Webber signing... I hate this team.

It's another game were the midfield is utterly annonymous.

I'm sure we'll get the usual 'he wasn't the worst player on the pitch' but its criminal Kenny McLean gets so many games at a level he's clearly not good enough for.

• Like 1

Just now, HertsCanary93 said:

Nothing quite like your big CB getting beaten for a header by one of the shortest players on the pitch

I recall Messi beating Rio Ferdinand in a Champions League game.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm sure we'll get the usual 'he wasn't the worst player on the pitch' but its criminal Kenny McLean gets so many games at a level he's clearly not good enough for.

You can guarantee that’s coming. 

3 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

I recall Messi beating Rio Ferdinand in a Champions League game.

I thought messi never scored against an english club?

Edited by mastoola

Close to being an ok half but just such a soft/easy goal to concede. Gibson is not good enough. An experienced defender does not get done like that by such a small striker.

Really gutting after a lot of hard work to stay in the game.

We need to have a real go now. Nothing to lose. I want to see some real fire. 

• Like 1

We're just not good enough. Even before the goal, where we're all in agreement that we were "doing well", what did we even do? A couple of shots from distance and some slightly shaky defending to keep them at bay.

Oh well. Game over now isn't it, not a chance we'll score in this.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Add his midfield partner into that sentence, equally as rubbish and absolutely petrified to try anything in the game 

7 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Nothing quite like your big CB getting beaten for a header by one of the shortest players on the pitch

c1a12ca627aabb9d190614a41dd794a4--november--world-records.jpg

"It's my ball lads, I'll have no problem with this Bowen fella!"

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Haha 1

Okay so we're losing but its probably the most positive performance since Man U at home. Though I admit that is more an insult to our last 3 PL performances than it is a compliment to tonight's. 

At least we've seen a bit of fight and a few moments where we look like we might create something. Let's just hope we can find another gear in the second half when West Ham might ease off the pedal a bit with the lead.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, corbs said:

Looks like 3 of current bottom four are going, Leeds, Everton, Villa have to much about them and bottom 4 are cut off without likelihood of a rally

Leeds looked utter **** against us. We will regret that defeat 

It was a decent middle to the half but we're having no meaningful possession to build any attacks. Plachets and Rashica really not in the game.

Quite sure that this is the worst Norwich City side that I have ever witnessed in 50 years plus of supporting them. Cannot even bother to watch the second half. Just not worth bothering. Good night.

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm sure we'll get the usual 'he wasn't the worst player on the pitch' but its criminal Kenny McLean gets so many games at a level he's clearly not good enough 

Every team needs a fall guy I suppose . Its not exactly an incisive criticism of the first half.

Big gap between what there is of the midfield and the attack. Disjointed, no obvious pattern of play. 

Lees-Melou needs to realise he doesn't have time on the ball in this league. Idah our best player so far. Soft goal, game over. 

We lose the game in the centre of the pitch every single game, just simply don't have anywhere near the quality needed. As a result of this we get constantly overran (the players not being athletic/strong enough) and eventually the opposition will score.

As bad as Gibson was for the goal, he already had to defend 3 or 4 similar scenarios because the midfield in Mclean and Lees-Melou just can't do anything. 

There's nobody to replace those two with, Sorenson is very similar in levels to those two. Game over I'm afraid. 

27 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Kenny fan club, total members 1. 

Youre forgetting

Daniel Farke

Dean Smith

Craig Shakespeare

Id much rather be in their company on football opinions than some strange exiled fan on a forum.

Kenny has been good so far too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Big gap between what there is of the midfield and the attack. Disjointed, no obvious pattern of play. 

Lees-Melou needs to realise he doesn't have time on the ball in this league. Idah our best player so far. Soft goal, game over. 

All Lees-Melou has done is point and gesture and foul players.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Youre forgetting

Daniel Farke

Dean Smith

Craig Shakespeare

Id much rather be in their company on football opinions than some strange exiled fan on a forum.

Kenny has been good so far too.

Here we go...

He's been annonymous. As per usual.