Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v West Ham(PL) *****

Surely this highlights we really need to buy some players this transfer window?

I mean the first XI is atrocious but the bench doesn't provide any options at all. More of a fold up picnic chair than a bench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I guess I lost those pounds I put on over Christmas looking at that line-up. Unless McLean and Lees-Melou are being told in no uncertain terms to sit, sit, and sit again.

I do like the idea of Rashica and Placheta being told "OK, lads - counter, counter, counter!" and can actually see us having a few moments there. Smith's clearly decided he's going to try and push West Ham back a bit.

37 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

My God. I've just seen the team😱

It's another 'Eeek' from me comparable to the 'Gilmour, McLean, Dowell? Eeek!!!' for the midfield against Arsenal...

Wow that team is…ambitious.

I assume DS has a plan but can’t fathom what it is yet.

Well for all this pessimism about us getting a good bashing, and believe me I do think we will lose, but I cant see anyone coming up with a better option with what we have available 

I expect us to win, I always do and expect us to play flowing football with attacking wingers crossing for two strikers but reserve the right to moan if its bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

He's played **** all this season, despite looking sharp in pre-season.  It's going to be an interesting watch, credit to Smith for trying something different, Idah desperately needs game time.

image.png.bc67f386d3fc2b46a1904c678ae79446.png

Maybe making a statement to the genius. Well this is what your wyscout app says. 

Pragmatic -dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.

3 minutes ago, kinggoblin said:

Well for all this pessimism about us getting a good bashing, and believe me I do think we will lose, but I cant see anyone coming up with a better option with what we have available 

I don’t think that’s the point. I think it’s more a case of, wow! This really is the best we have to offer and it is BAD

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Surely this highlights we really need to buy some players this transfer window?

I mean the first XI is atrocious but the bench doesn't provide any options at all. More of a fold up picnic chair than a bench.

Little Norwich. Little Britain. The computer 🖥  says No.

Don’t fancy us at all tonight especially having seen the team which looks slow at the back and non existent in midfield. Fear a heavy defeat.

Which means we will probably win 1-0.

4 minutes ago, kinggoblin said:

There is a reality in that we don't really have anything better than that starting eleven available. Id rather play Cantwell than Idah but it appears that's not an option.

I am anticipating men versus boys and that midfield will be completely overrun. Just not physical enough for this league, despite Webber claims during the summer that our squad would be more physical and competitive this time around... bullish!t.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kinggoblin said:

Kabak in the middle of a 5 stepping forward alongside Sorensen, drop PLM move Maclean more forward, Giannoulis on the left instead of Placheta. There you go.

Is this midfield Smith doing a Worthy when he played the kids up front one game to prove a point to the board? 

Wait, Cresswell's only just come back from a bad injury. Someone had the bright idea of sending our Polish roadrunner down that flank.

Could work.

I get the downward responses here but the positive is that we have pace on both sides and two targets up front. 

We could go route one and cause a nuisance. May not be pretty.!

At least this hopefully lays the lie that we have a near-full squad to choose from.  Looks like there’s still 6-7 out - Andrew O, Zimbo, Gilmour, Normann; Sargent and Tzolis (not on bench suggests they are out?), Cantwell missing again is just getting beyond a joke.

Needs Pukki to play almost like a number 10, and there's a lot of onus on both wingers to get up and down. That said, Williams isn't as attack-minded as Giannoulis so IF both McLean and Lees-Melou sit, and sit well, it might work.

We'll score again,
Don't know where,
Don't know when,
But I know we'll score again, some sunny day!

On the ball City,
Never mind the danger,
Steady on, now's your chance....
Hurrah, we've had a shot!!

We really need Rupp hitting those instead of McLean. Said no-one else I can think of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I swear our shots either go miles over the bar or bobble back to the keeper at a snails pace, a couple of half decent moments but we will look like we could concede at any moment...