Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v West Ham(PL) *****

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So how many are West Ham scoring in the 2nd then? 2? 3?

Yeah I'd say 2, so 3-0 in total. And we just don't look like scoring, again.

The Sargent effect seems to be spreading through the team. Wrong decision every time we get in a decent shooting position.

In the PL you get 2 chances at a shot. Slim & none. Trying to conjure a certainty does not work.

JUST HIT THE F***KING THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

I have criticised Kenny in the past when I felt he was getting picked ahead of better players (or to be more accurate I criticised his constant selection) but last season he improved a lot snd I can’t ever fault his effort. He also wins a lot in the air which is important in games like this.

it’s not his fault Webber has assembled this horrifically weak set of midfielders by premier league standards. If Webber does his job Kenny is probably our “back up” midfielder capable of covering any of the midfield positions. 

Exactly.

I'm not saying 'McLean is the cause of all our issues dur de dur de didly durr.'

I'm saying the fact a player as deeply limited and out of his depth as him is closing in on 50 Premier League starts for us highlights how badly we've got it wrong these past few years. Upgrading a player like him shouldn't be that hard.

13 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Quite sure that this is the worst Norwich City side that I have ever witnessed in 50 years plus of supporting them. Cannot even bother to watch the second half. Just not worth bothering. Good night.

Bye.

Let's pretend, let's pretend, let's pretend we've scored a goal!

Wait, what do we do if that happens?

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They’ll get 3/4 more. 

They weren't threatening that much in reality though were they? Our heads might drop though I guess

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Have you actually looked at the physique of Bowen? He's  a chunk.

Yeah he's a class target man to be fair. No way any of our CBs should be expected to compete with his towering 5'9 frame.

• Haha 2

I've said it before, but I always felt Farke struggled to sort our CM out. It was the one position he was most troubled with. I think that's reflected by the number of central midfielders we went through.

Brought Ben Godfrey through, decided he was a CB. Leitner in, fell out, shipped out. Trybull not quite up to prem standard perhaps, ditched altogether in the Championship. Tettey was half way out of the door when Farke first arrived before a U-turn and decision to keep him. Vrancic brought in as an AM but played as a holding/DM. McLean played in a more attacking CM position in Scotland, at times even left midfield I believe, played holding/DM. Lees-Melou, appears to have played more games as a CM/AM in France, helping to build attacks, played holding/DM. Amadou, DM brought in, played CB.

That's probably not everyone either. And I say Farke - I can only assume they were scouted for the positions they were playing before, brought in and then Farke decided they'd be better elsewhere on the pitch.

Normann and Tettey seem to be the only two that have been used in their preferred role. 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Who are you putting place of McLean tonight? Sorensen was much worse than him against Charlton, for crying out loud.

There is no one. That's on Webber.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Exactly.

I'm not saying 'McLean is the cause of all our issues dur de dur de didly durr.'

I'm saying the fact a player as deeply limited and out of his depth as him is closing in on 50 Premier League starts for us highlights how badly we've got it wrong these past few years. Upgrading a player like him shouldn't be that hard.

He's not the cause of all our problems but he's the best example of where we are miles away from where we need to be. He is the best demonstration of how we are not good enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Worst premier league side maybe 

Hard to argue against. Shame, I was encouraged until the goal.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

Vlasic spends more time on his back then the p-orn star of your choice.

Edited by TheGunnShow

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Exactly. I've never said he's a good Premier League player but he's the best we have available. He's become a fall guy for a lot of people on here. Want to criticise? Criticise Gibsons pathetically weak attempt up against Bowen for the goal.

i think that all started with pukki and Idah sitting off the CB so he had all the time in the world so he could make a long pass cutting out half our team and putting us on the back foot 

ok then there was gibson but if the team moved up to press quicker that pass would not have been made 

West Ham strollers, so hard to take, over the years we have always given this lot a game. Some Kidderminster spirit please...........

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yeah he's a class target man to be fair. No way any of our CBs should be expected to compete with his towering 5'9 frame.

5'9" of solid muscle,  no need no gwet angsty cos were losing. We do it a lot. He's not a target man , are you  aware of what you observe. 👍😉😇

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Hard to argue against. Shame, I was encouraged until the goal.

How about most disappointing NCFC side?

Can't remember so many pre season hopes being crushed quite in this way before.

Comparable to Hughton's second season but you'd have to say we competed much much better that season than we have done this year, and probably played better football overall too....

West Ham and Palace are the perfect examples of the “type” of players you need to target for the premier league aren’t they. Just strong snd fast. Nothing to write home about in terms of creativity 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

5'9" of solid muscle,  no need no gwet angsty cos were losing. We do it a lot. He's not a target man , are you  aware of what you observe. 👍😉😇

Ps . He's fast,  strong and skillful.  Jaysus.  

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Apologies - Norwich are playing, I'm sure you understand