KiwiScot

*****Offical Lappinitup Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Williams making the pitch smaller every single time on that left side cutting inside is killing me. PLEASE PLAY A LEFT FOOTED PLAYER ON THE LEFT SIDE WHEN WE NEED TO STRETCH THEIR DEFENCE

Holy **** finally. Should’ve happened as soon as it went 1-0

This is a second half masterclass from Dean Smith in how NOT to play against 10 men.

Absolutely scandalous,negative half time substitution in taking off a winger and putting in a FOURTH central mid, when we had an extra man

Exactly what we deserve.

Big black mark on Smith here. A real chance to show his tactical nous in how to manage the game to our advantage with an extra man for 80 mins....and so far has failed miserably

Giannoulis on for Williams. That was the sub I wanted at half-time. Let's see what happens.

EDIT: That said, I wanted it for potential combination play with Tzolis, but he's off now.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Just now, Keith Scott said:

This is a proper Dean Smith performance. 

All the best. Big K Scott.

You've not had too much to enjoy these last few weeks Keith.

So enjoy these moments. It will be good for your health.

Shambolic so far. All this time against 10 and we've offered zilch. Scratching my head to be honest. 

We are flattering a pretty terrible Newcastle team. How did it turn so quick. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Really?

Yes really. That is a blatant penalty. 

We have three utterly clueless midfielders on that pitch on how to play against ten men and those who thought Smith was far better than Farke need to rethink! He’s a typical British manager, look to experience to get out of trouble…….this has to be the worst I’ve seen any team play against ten men! 

Too many of our teams are just not premiership standard - this includes ALL our strikers as age is now catching up with Pukki who is a shadow of the player who burst onto the scene last time we were here 

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

How are we  going to get enough points to stay in this League playing like this ?

To put it simply, we won’t.

For anyone we thinks we still have a chance of staying in this league, tonight is a sobering reminder of how far off the standard required we are. We’ll be playing Championship football next season, end of.

Big difference between hands at head height and hands out when running, not to mention that the Newcastle defender there had the ball deflected onto him from point-blank. Would have been a very harsh one to give, and definitely one that would have had me unimpressed if against us.