Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Down to the final 2

16 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Davitt this morning suggesting the delay may be over sorting out their coaching team which implies both guys are up for the job.

That's sexist, why does the new coach have to be a man?

32 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Who can do the best on Football Manager 2022 over the course of 5 days I hope.

The recent games are so detailed that should just about get them thru preseason!

Please let it be Roy.....I'm building myself up to be seriously underwhelmed and Mick and Delia are preparing and making up their guest room and putting in a nice new TV, kettle and an extra snug blanket for him...That's just for until next May...allegedly....

6 minutes ago, Grando said:

I'm hearing rumours that we're looking at a surprise third stint from Mike Walker.

...Skip that.....

• Like 1

Whoever is appointed forward thinking or pragmatist has a pretty poor bunch to select from, much promise but little quality.  I feel another long term project coming.  Will need to be patient and a little investment, some of those mentioned will require a decent war chest.  The higher profile appointee will require more from the club to give us chance of surviving PL or rebuild for shot at Championship.

Paul Warne to be too low a profile for Webber 

23 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I've simplified that sentence for you:

We aren't going to get Favre to come to Norwich

He sounds a good choice but would have to be sold on the likelihood that he would be head coaching us in the Championship next season.

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I suspect Lampard and Knutsen but maybe there's a surprise in there... the last couple of managers we've had have come from nowhere.

Who is the current Manager of Hamilton Academicals?

57 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The athletic claims it's "2 experienced, but modern, forward-thinking coaches"

I'm not sure Lampard really passes the 'experienced' tag.

I think he would. Has managed in championship, premier league and champions league. Experience of developing youth. And as a player has gained more experience than most professional footballers achieve in three careers. 

I'm not saying it's him or I want him, I'm just saying I think he'd fit David Ornstein's description.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

20 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

That's sexist, why does the new coach have to be a man?

Yeah the coach could be a Trans...port?.....

• Like 1

Reading about the various candidates, the best/most obvious fit for us is Knutsen. He's definitely a Webber type appointment. But would he leave his current club with just 4 games left and them on the verge of the title.

That would appear to me to be the only obvious hurdle to this happening if he is indeed on our radar. 

Howe still hasn’t been appointed at Newcastle has he? Experienced, forward-thinking. 

Robins and Ian Culverhouse....an eclectic mix of football experience, defending and attacking.....Oh, and I like them anyway....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I shouted him a few weeks ago. I think he is a good shout.

Mark Robbins has zero top-flight managerial experience anywhere. We've just got rid of a manager who has been our most successful manager in the Championship ever. Change not for change's sake, the sentiment an ex-player brings counts for pretty much nothing. A definite no, for now.

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

More likely the other way round, Webber knows who he wants and is persuading/negotiating to bring them on board. The other candidate is contingency in case talks collapse.

I think you're right. When Fark was appointed, Webber later said he had an 'alternative' lined up in case Herr Farke turned it down. 

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

More likely the other way round, Webber knows who he wants and is persuading/negotiating to bring them on board. The other candidate is contingency in case talks collapse.

Very good point regarding the potential new coach wanting to do due diligence themselves, BF 👍

23 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I think he would. Has managed in championship, premier league and champions league. Experience of developing youth. And as a player has gained more experience than most professional footballers achieve in three careers. 

I'm not saying it's him or I want him, I'm just saying I think he'd fit David Ornstein's description.

Agree - 100% 

12 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Robins and Ian Culverhouse....an eclectic mix of football experience, defending and attacking.....Oh, and I like them anyway....

I really like Ian Culverhouse. I know he's been coaching at a much lower level but he's got experience, he's loved by his players... is he forward thinking though? Probably not.

Just now, Michael Starr said:

Gotta be Hodgson, Knutsen or Favre. 2 of those 3 right?

The 'forward-thinking' bit of the original tweet rules out Roy, doesn't it?

The new manager in my opinion should have

A commitment to playing attractive passing football

Be able to develop young players

Have significant experience of the premier league as either a coach or a manager or a player

Lampard fits this quite nicely not many of the other names do.

Edited by Ulfotto
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Robins.

I like Robins, mainly as he’s exNCFC. He’s only recently come good though with Cov.  But he is no Farke.  Whoever is appointed will have to be proven at top fight level.  It’s a step up required, not sideways or unproven.  The priority should be someone who can operate at the top level, not win the Championship as the thinking is……(or should be) we shouldn’t be relegated so this part of the CV is not required.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

The 'forward-thinking' bit of the original tweet rules out Roy, doesn't it?

Roy is very very forward thinking. He was the first English coach to adopt European method management. He's managed all over the world for both club and country. He was the guy who recommended we switch to a Director of Football / Head Coach model.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

The new manager in my opinion should have

A commitment to playing attractive passing football

Be able to develop young players

Have significant experience of the premier league as either a coach or a manager.

Lampard fits this quite nicely not many of the other names do.

He ticks the boxes but I'm not sure Lampard is the answer. Although I'm sure Billy Gilmore would love it.