Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Down to the final 2

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Hard to see how he will be anything different from Daniel, would seem an odd replacement imo

Yeah I understand that. But it would have to be someone who will fit the overall sporting director model. KK fits that.

But the timing?.....just makes me think of someone doing a holding role until.

Might be just b0ll0cks. I've wondered about KK as an interesting candidate for a while so was pleased when his name came up on those odds lists.

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nevermind how Paddy has said the two managers we have been talking to are 'experienced' which it's fair to say Knuts is not

He has been coaching since 1995.

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Do you have to have a surname that sounds rude to manage us?

Screenshot_20211108-110252_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

I do think we need somebody who can get us out of trouble first and foremost by all and any possible means. Getting promoted again from the Championship is not a given for any manager so let's not go there!

Truth is we need fresh thoughts, a fresh pair of eyes, fresh tactics to change things. Almost any new competent experienced manager of whatever type should be able to achieve that

Id be really concerned if it was Knutsen.

We need someone who has a proven Premier League record. I dont see how we expect a manager for whom the Premier League is a learning curve to do better than Farke. Seems very odd.

Hodgson, Smith, Lampard, hell even Bruce would have a better chance of keeping the club up

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

We need someone who has a proven Premier League record. I dont see how we expect a manager for whom the Premier League is a learning curve to do better than Farke. Seems very odd.

Hodgson, Smith, Lampard, hell even Bruce would have a better chance of keeping the club up

I had similar thoughts. No matter who it is, I just hope we benefit from 'new manager syndrome'

6 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

My view is the polar opposite! 🤓 And if they don't keep us up we are left with a manager we won't then want. This has to be more than a short-term attempted fix. And if Farke's failing was that at PL level he wasn't a good enough coach, then a tactically smart head coach is what we need.

I know sod all about Knutsen but he sounds like he is a savvy coach. Whereas Lampard has never given much sign of that being the case, as that Guardian writer indicated.  Which makes me wonder, if Knutsen is one of this secret two, as seems likely, whether Lampard really is the other, since they don't appear to tick the same boxes at all.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Alex Neil did the same with Tony Andreu

Fair point!

Not sure they would necessarily..... anyone with PL experience out of work has failed in their last job or is retired. We have good players here, if the new manager has fresh ideas and can get the players in a good place and the best out of them we have a good chance.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

30 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Give me the thrill of the unknown as opposed to the drudgery of Bruce or the nepotism of Lampard..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I know sod all about Knutsen but he sounds like he is a savvy coach. Whereas Lampard has never given much sign of that being the case, as that Guardian writer indicated.  Which makes me wonder, if Knutsen is one of this secret two, as seems likely, whether Lampard really is the other, since they don't appear to tick the same boxes at all.

I believe that in Webber's two managerial appointments so far, he's always presented two options to the owners, a foreign option and a domestic one. David Wagner or Dean Smith at Huddersfield, and Daniel Farke or Gary Monk at Norwich. So I can well believe that Lampard is one of the two, but not the preferred option.

Lampard being backed heavy again and now odds on with most. Knutsen now drifting again, plenty of cash to be made for those in the know.

20 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

My view is the polar opposite! 🤓 And if they don't keep us up we are left with a manager we won't then want. This has to be more than a short-term attempted fix. And if Farke's failing was that at PL level he wasn't a good enough coach, then a tactically smart head coach is what we need.

Out of likes, but this sounds a very fair assessment to me Purple old bean 👍

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Lampard being backed heavy again and now odds on with most. Knutsen now drifting again, plenty of cash to be made for those in the know.

Wonder if that’s to do with some (possibly dubious) articles being put out today that Lampard is in talks with the club, just as his odds had gone out to 3/1 or so. Got a feeling there might be a few Chelsea fans lumping on as well as our own.

59 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

a bit of money gone in for Fat Frank now so pushed Knutson back the other side of evens... The telegraph now says we are holding talks with Lampard and also keen to chat with Dean Smith.

Whereas in the q&a paddy and Connor seemed to say that lampard was not in contention and the club were happy to have the media friendly names out there to avoid them actually outing who we are talking to with very strong hints that it was indeed Knutsen.

At the end of the day though, all this speculation makes not a kit of difference to the actual outcome.

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Wonder if that’s to do with some (possibly dubious) articles being put out today that Lampard is in talks with the club, just as his odds had gone out to 3/1 or so. Got a feeling there might be a few Chelsea fans lumping on as well as our own.

Probably more to do with EDP reporting Knutsens club have had no contact.

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I totally agree. Like it or not, Norwich are too progressive for these dinosaurs. Lampard has no credentials as a manager or a coach. We have to be looking to build on what we've already got rather than ripping up the plan altogether. Surely that's the whole point in having separate roles of Head Coach and Sporting Director.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Totally agree. Sacking Farke to replace him with Lampard would seem a ridiculous move. It has to be someone who is a step up tactically and willing to work within our model or it really doesn't make any sense.

I suspect (read: massively hope) the Lampard "news" has been released as some sort of smokescreen given that we're not the only club looking for a manager at the moment,.

40 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I agree 100%.  With over 1/4 of the season gone and only 5 points on the board, it's going to be a struggle for anyone to keep us up.  We want someone who can inspire the team this season but also who we'd have faith as the right sort of manager to bring us back up next season, if we go down, which is not as easy as Farke made it look.  Anyone who can thrash a Mourinho team must have something special about them !

Lampard with John Terry as assistant.

Lampard bails out the minute the job he wants comes along and so Terry get his shot at club management (Delia too scared to sack him ever).

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

Who ever it is one thing I can guarantee I won’t be happy with it 

Out of curiosity more than anything, who would you be happy with? Realistically talking as well.

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Totally disagree. First and foremost we need someone who fits the club's playing identity, favours the systems these players have been purchased for, and is good at getting the best out of young players on a short timescale. 

8 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Out of curiosity more than anything, who would you be happy with? Realistically talking as well.

Only the messiah and culver house