Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Down to the final 2

8 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Out of curiosity more than anything, who would you be happy with? Realistically talking as well.

If the club was taken over by a syndicate of Oswald Mosley's corpse and Jack Ma by the tone of his posts. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The final 3..

What happens when your 'journalists' use Facebook as a source. File under poppyc0ck, balderdash and whimsy.

• Like 1

Just now, Thumbbass said:

What happens when your 'journalists' use Facebook as a source. File under poppyc0ck, balderdash and whimsy.

So that's one guy who Webber wouldn't have known was available when the ball got rolling, one who would have to leave a better team than us and Frank Lampard. 

Yep, that seems likely.

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

why on earth would Hassenhuttl come here when he's got a comfy job at Southampton?

He wouldn't, they made it up.

3 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

why on earth would Hassenhuttl come here when he's got a comfy job at Southampton?

Silly question.

Who wouldn't be attracted by our massive budget, top quality squad, and tendency to sack head coaches in the away dressing room?

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The final 3..

Ralph Hassnhuttl???

thats soooo wide of the mark, is he after a new contract or something 🤣

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

He wouldn't, they made it up.

it was rhetorical tbf... just shows it's made up ****. Webber probably told them to publish that

Edited by Tetteys Jig

3 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

it was rhetorical tbf... just shoes it's made up ****. Webber probably told them to publish that

I knew it was rhetorical. I was just adding a bit more emphasis to the idea that sky are crap. 👍

Edited by 1902

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

My view is the polar opposite! 🤓 And if they don't keep us up we are left with a manager we won't then want. This has to be more than a short-term attempted fix. And if Farke's failing was that at PL level he wasn't a good enough coach, then a tactically smart head coach is what we need.

I know sod all about Knutsen but he sounds like he is a savvy coach. Whereas Lampard has never given much sign of that being the case, as that Guardian writer indicated.  Which makes me wonder, if Knutsen is one of this secret two, as seems likely, whether Lampard really is the other, since they don't appear to tick the same boxes at all.

Some relevant quotes from Davitt now:

Seen the Lampard reports. Would be surprised though if he was on there for a number of reasons. Doesn't quite fit the model. City keeping a very tight circle. My money would be on another progressive foreign-based coach. A few out there. 

The link [with Knutsen] is an obvious one. With the greatest respect to DF he is an upgrade in terms of the level he has been coaching at, but still by all accounts, retains that trust in young players and a progressive style of play. About to lift a second Norwegian title and making a few waves in European competition.

Like we have said, the circle is a tight one but I wouldn't veer too far away from this name. At this stage. Until it's over the line, then anything is possible. Which is why the club is not keen to turn this into a Tottenham style circus.

I would argue it might be helpful for a club to have a high-profile name [Lampard] doing the rounds to allow them to go about their work in a swift fashion without media attention. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The final 3..

I wonder if it has anything to do with that company being affiliated with another company called 'Skybet' which just so happens to be getting a fair amount of traffic at the moment on their next manager odds for us? Hmmmmmmm.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Chelsea were happy for him to be in charge when they weren't aloud to spend.... 

So they spent silently?

2 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Id be really concerned if it was Knutsen.

We need someone who has a proven Premier League record. I dont see how we expect a manager for whom the Premier League is a learning curve to do better than Farke. Seems very odd.

Hodgson, Smith, Lampard, hell even Bruce would have a better chance of keeping the club up

God not this bullocks again. 

You have to wonder at the mental capacity of people who say this. 

Let's spell it out. 

A "proven" Premier league record means someone successful. 

Those managers are either

A. At big Premier league clubs now. 

B. Out of the Premier league in which case either out of our league abroad or they got sacked or relegated. 

So logically it can only be someone who has been proven in failure. Which would make the same people bleet "he failed don't want him". 

This mythical "proven Premier league manager" doesn't effing exist. 

Edited by fredherring
  • Like 3

All the media an' the Pink 'un posters chompin' at the bit to be the first to announce the successor to our Daniel.....

You know it's not going to blow us all away when the successor to Daniel is eventually announced.....Ho Hum.... 

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

Anyone with KK initials is fine by me. 

Channelling good old Kevin Keelan.

Beat me to it sonyc!

Steve Bruce did well to keep Newcastle in the Premiership last year. Sign him up until the end of this season with an option to renew. If he fails to keep us up and we are relegated how about reinstating Farke ? We do live in strange times.

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

Steve Bruce did well to keep Newcastle in the Premiership last year. Sign him up until the end of this season with an option to renew. If he fails to keep us up and we are relegated how about reinstating Farke ? We do live in strange times.

And with VERY strange ideas apparently.

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

Yep, I'm sure Farke would be delighted to re-join the club that ruthlessly sacked him just hours after picking up his first win of the season and allowed him to celebrate with the fans and take the media duties afterwards...

Maybe in a few years time, but if you think he'd even consider coming back here in 6/7 months time, you're mad.

110% no to Bruce as well. Dinosaur manager who plays a dinosaur style of football. A match made in hell.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The final 3..

I suspect that’s a leak from the club whilst we talk to the real candidates, Ralf Hasenhuttl being the giveaway, I mean just imagine winding up and unsettling the club we just so happen to be playing next in a crunch game at Carrow Rd? 👀

Good work Webber, I can see what you’re trying to do here, very naughty 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with that company being affiliated with another company called 'Skybet' which just so happens to be getting a fair amount of traffic at the moment on their next manager odds for us? Hmmmmmmm.

Nail on head. The RH link is utter rubbish designed for one thing and one thing only. Money in the Skybet coffers. 

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Some relevant quotes from Davitt now:

Seen the Lampard reports. Would be surprised though if he was on there for a number of reasons. Doesn't quite fit the model. City keeping a very tight circle. My money would be on another progressive foreign-based coach. A few out there. 

The link [with Knutsen] is an obvious one. With the greatest respect to DF he is an upgrade in terms of the level he has been coaching at, but still by all accounts, retains that trust in young players and a progressive style of play. About to lift a second Norwegian title and making a few waves in European competition.

Like we have said, the circle is a tight one but I wouldn't veer too far away from this name. At this stage. Until it's over the line, then anything is possible. Which is why the club is not keen to turn this into a Tottenham style circus.

I would argue it might be helpful for a club to have a high-profile name [Lampard] doing the rounds to allow them to go about their work in a swift fashion without media attention. 

I really like this line of thinking.  I'd be happy with another progressive foreign based coach, for us to do well in the Prem we need something a bit different, which Lampard certainly isn't.  Fingers crossed !

Can’t see how Hasenhuttl would leave Southampton to get an almost certain relegation on his CV with us

Can’t see Smith being first choice considering he was sacked after Farke was, although may be considered an option as he kept Villa up in the last 2 seasons

Lampard has insufficient experience for me, although he did play under some decent managers at Chelsea and has a little bit of PL and CL experience

Not very convinced by Knutsen. Yes he’s won a Norwegian title but if the next manager is set to be announced by the weekend I can’t see how he would take the job when by staying there a little longer he has a chance to get another title on his CV. The strength of that league is also nowhere near what the PL is. Does have a little experience in the Europa Conference League though